Let's Do This....

Rush Sykes

Myth actually had a decent idea. A CN draft. Ive given a little bit of thought to this and decided lets give it a shot. First thing we will need is to select 8 alliance leaders.

If you would like to "coach" a draft alliance, let me know in this thread. I will select 8 "coaches" who will then , in a randomly determined order, draft an emperor for their alliance. Then draft 5 Gov members (positions irrespective, they will not be named, just 5 high gov members).... then they will draft 12 "members" after the gov. The draft will be conducted like a Fantasy Football draft. Last pick of one round is 1st pick of next round. Of course, on the off chance that I cannot get 8 "coaches", feel free to forget that I ever posted this.

Players available to be drafted MUST have an existing nation today. 

Edited by Rush Sykes

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Myth actually had a decent idea. 

You ruined the thread before you ended the first sentence.

Also, I'd be down for drafting an alliance. Besides, of the actives who actually know people on the other side who would participate I'd know a fairly good amount of people.

This is just for fun or are we talking about actually revamping alliances here? Sorry Myth I didn't read your post and considering what usually follows them I didn't want to read through another shit fest.

It's like NFL fantasy football if I understood it correctly.

Sounds like fun.

This is just for fun or are we talking about actually revamping alliances here? Sorry Myth I didn't read your post and considering what usually follows them I didn't want to read through another shit fest.

Just for fun, nobody is going to be creating new AA's for this.

I'd volunteer for this, but I honestly don't know who's still in CN well enough to be able to do this.  And I also just don't know enough people in enough alliances around CN.  You need people who come from a variety of different alliances so that you get a good sample of people across CN.

If it gets to the point where we're picking nations, anyone who doesn't take oyababy at #1 is objectively wrong and should not be allowed to run an island where he is the sole citizen

We are picking players, irrespective of nation size, nation stats or national ability. 

It's okay I usually don't read yours either.

We are picking players, irrespective of nation size, nation stats or national ability. 

You made the thread so you make the rules, but I would say totally precluding grasp of game mechanics, nation stats, and war prowess may be eliminating important factors for a would be dream team. Clearly an important question for any would be coach is to what end would this group be directed? Perhaps I am rounding up the best possible cadre for an all out rogue fest on the neutrals, or maybe I merely want a group of active, competent, friends. Perhaps I misunderstood the premise, but I get the feeling that the above parameter reduces this to really just a popularity contest or a favorite's list. Simply put there is a distinction between who I want in my personal channel, and who I might want in an ideal alliance. Either way though, this should be interesting so kudos for making it and I'll be curious to track the progress.

Also I await obligatory paper tiger alliance.

Nation stats are not important. For instance, I'm nation sitting a 130k ns nation. Am I effectively a better player because I now have control over a large nation? No. While not necessarily true for the exercise I think it should be implied that any idiot could operate a large nation as effective as oyb or anyone else for that matter provided even the tiniest bit of help and similar online presence.

I think it would be interesting to have to select a defined set of Ministries and you would have to justify each pick for each position.

Although -- one could easily do a tiered government because there are a few .gov who are relatively small in size and limit it to x amount over x ns, but that's getting way too complicated imo

Edited by IYIyTh

You should do it as if CN were resetting and people had the option to choose who to start their new alliance with; therefore current stats (NS or otherwise) wouldn't be a factor... just their intangibles. 

EDIT: Also yeah if you don't get to 8 I'll be a coach. 

Edited by Unknown Smurf