Logging in from work PC

JonB

Just a very quick question and one I'm sure has been asked before (sorry).

What is the guidance with logging in to an account from a work/communal PC? The PC in question is my 'own' work PC and only I use it but I don't want to end up forfeiting my account due to someone else from the same organisation (2000+ people) playing the game.

Any guidance would be appreciated. Cheers.

Don't log in from work. Simple as that mate.

You do not want to have shared IP addresses, moderators hear many different stories concerning why individuals are sharing IP addresses, it is just simply not worth it. Also, if you have buddies who eventually join the game, you will not be able to aid/help them, you could possibly be flagged for violation of terms. The computer might be yours, but the fact the network is shared by so many people could be a risk to you.

I would suggest downloading IRC if you are board at work you can interact with CNer's there.

Haha. Cheers. ;)

Edited by Ejayrazz

Don't log in from work. Simple as that mate.

You do not want to have shared IP addresses, moderators hear many different stories concerning why individuals are sharing IP addresses, it is just simply not worth it. Also, if you have buddies who eventually join the game, you will not be able to aid/help them, you could possibly be flagged for violation of terms. The computer might be yours, but the fact the network is shared by so many people could be a risk to you.

I would suggest downloading IRC if you are board at work you can interact with CNer's there.

Haha. Cheers. ;)

Fair enough. I can do most of the stuff from my phone anyway - well, except for buying anything as the buttons don't seem to work in the phone's browser :unsure:

IRC is a bit of a non-starter unfortunately as they seemed to have blocked the required port(s)!

Fair enough. I can do most of the stuff from my phone anyway - well, except for buying anything as the buttons don't seem to work in the phone's browser :unsure:

IRC is a bit of a non-starter unfortunately as they seemed to have blocked the required port(s)!

Try your alliance's forums, alliances love active members. ;)