Shout-Out Thread - Quality Opponents ITT

Farnsworth

Particular shout-outs to Big Daddy Fatdude and Njero of NATO. Not only were your warchests the best out of all of my opponents, but your coordination was (pleasantly) surprisingly excellent, you were able to capitalize on any mistake I made, and you did the most lasting damage to my navy.

And thank you, for not turtling! It was a pleasure fighting you.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, You were fairly awesome as well. In fact, all of TSO deserves an honorable mention for the way they fought this war. 

I thought you and I had a round early on, but I don't have it on my war screen.  Had some great wars with other GLoF still, Marcus Lucianus and TnAGLIMMERMAN were some of the higher damage wars(both ways).

I thought you and I had a round early on, but I don't have it on my war screen.  Had some great wars with other GLoF still, Marcus Lucianus and TnAGLIMMERMAN were some of the higher damage wars(both ways).

I remember punching you a bit. I didn't get all that many rounds with TSO and Alchemy, though, as your NS got below my range after a bit. Mostly I ended up facing off against TOP. There were few inactives/turtles, but for the most part, quality combatants. If I had to single out one person, I guess it'd be Aesis. Had so much fun I had to come back for seconds!

Most of you guys on our front were in a rough spot. Hats off for handling it with civility and class (at least from where I was standing.)

I remember punching you a bit. I didn't get all that many rounds with TSO and Alchemy, though, as your NS got below my range after a bit. Mostly I ended up facing off against TOP. There were few inactives/turtles, but for the most part, quality combatants. If I had to single out one person, I guess it'd be Aesis. Had so much fun I had to come back for seconds!

Most of you guys on our front were in a rough spot. Hats off for handling it with civility and class (at least from where I was standing.)

Wow, How could I forget you? Caught me on some of my off days and dealt 20k damage to my 5k overall lol.

Great fight though!

Every opponent I fought from Deinos, ODN and MK were awesome and great fun.

The Umbrellas I hit all turtled and were boring as hell. I don't really blame them though, by the time they got beat down to me they didn't have much left to fight with.

Overall, my favourite war since I joined (post bi-polar)

Saldaea was cool. Only person this war to really engage in chatter.

Right back at you.  I had fun talking with a lot of opponents, but you were by far the only opponent I fought while sitting Saxxonia that made things a challenge for me.  Heck, even with my own nation the only guys that were tougher opponents were NEW.  Mad respect for the warriors of NEW, specifically Gatotkaca, junior, and my friend QuareLL.

Quick shout out to alterego for the funniest message I received the day after getting permission to sit Saxxonia.

Comrade Tiki of INT

JimmyD of ODN

Sunstar of ODN

All three of these guys fought like clockwork. Cheers!

*Edit: Forgot to mention coffee shock of Non Grata gave the CCC as a whole a very rough time. Nice work.

Edited by wes the wise

Can't really single any specific Fark nation out as it was the coordination between them that was great.  I think it was approaching 4 weeks of continuous coordination that impressed me.

I will vouch for this, especially those first 3 guys, Mr. Vicarious and his comrades. We had a ton of fun in the process until they finally divided and conquered us. 

Thanks guys, I just found this thread. I'll say having active opponents was certainly a nice change. That was a fun round.

Late but shout outs to 

Bill Wallace / Ozarkana of VE - who really knows how to blow the snot out of your infra against all odds and with a bigger warchest

WorldConqueror of MUSHQAEDA KOMMUNE

LuisQ of TOP - for withstanding the horrible pain his nation received this war that my nation initiated (if he ever reads this)

I was very fortunate to have great opponents.  Cant remember them all LJ Yavin Sgt York Lum SRD and all of you.  My nation was wrecked but i did collect almost 4 mill cas in this war.   Shout out to DT as probably the best AA I had the oppurtunity to coordinate with.  Love you guys.

Bud

Late but shout outs to 

Bill Wallace / Ozarkana of VE - who really knows how to blow the snot out of your infra against all odds and with a bigger warchest

WorldConqueror of MUSHQAEDA KOMMUNE

LuisQ of TOP - for withstanding the horrible pain his nation received this war that my nation initiated (if he ever reads this)

Hey same goes to you.  You definitely gave me fits and were one of my toughest opponents.

And also Bud's proxy war against me by way of aid slots was probably the highlight of my war.  Thanks Bud.

I had the great fun of crashing through the tiers with the same collection of TPFers; bio bomber and Vol Navy were great opponents, but the warrior that I will remember is HalfEmpty, we did some serious damage to each other and the banter was flowing, fun times. :D