Imperial Decree - DoW

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TOP please remember that Brehon is always honourable and thus it really isn't cool to insult him by suggesting he has ulterior motives or he secretly thinks other people are worthless. He is and always has been an A+++ gentleman.

Edited by Laslo Kenez

Have you decided yet to end your fantasy about having been banned on the TOP forums? The scary part is that you actually seem to believe it, despite the definitive evidence that it never occurred. Your rant about how I have been continuously elected to office over the past three years would likewise be worrying to those concerned with your state of cognitive health, given that that event, too, did not actually occur.

Consider not dodging this.

In early 2008 you banned me from the TOP forums shortly after I posted recognition of war. I am sure you never banned me from the NEW TOP forums you moved to after that, because of course I never wasted my time registering there. You've been returned to office over and over again by membership, I am sure you know your own resumé better than I do, and even in terms when you arent holding an actual office you're still a prominent member by all accounts. What part of this are you alleging is fantasy?

In
early 2008 you banned me from the TOP forums shortly after I posted
recognition of war. I am sure you never banned me from the NEW TOP
forums you moved to after that, because of course I never wasted my time
registering there. You've been returned to office over and over again
by membership, I am sure you know your own resumé better than I do, and
even in terms when you arent holding an actual office you're still a
prominent member by all accounts. What part of this are you alleging is
fantasy?

At [url=http://gyazo.com/54f619e5de9ea65d127452bcf3bb806a]this link[/url] is an image of the thread to which you have made reference, posted during the GPA War, for which you were supposedly banned. It hardly constitutes a recognition of war, but  suppose that's irrelevant. At [url=http://gyazo.com/c03bc9681d7e4be92564ff559ccbd198]this link[/url] is an image of you posting a mask request change a month later. These two things do not match up with your fantastic claims.

I've not run for office in over three years, so I don't see what office I could have been returned to by the membership. Whether or not I'm a prominent member of the alliance is fully irrelevant to that fact. Your version of events reflects reality only within the confines of your head.

So there you go. Check and mate, and all that jazz. That said, I'm sure we're getting off topic.

Edited by Crymson

Hey look, I'm fodder!

I enjoy the consistent attempts by members of the other coalition to paint themselves as somehow "better" merely because they're outnumbered. I never realised that diplomatic failure of that degree could be trophied as being meritorious. But I suppose we all have different goals here on Planet Bob, and if you take pride in the fact that you can't seem to sign a treaty worth the paper it's written on, then all the more power to you.

We paint ourselves as better because you outnumber us, yet we are still matching you, blows for blows. Chest thumping is all we ever have done on the OWF, it is all we ever will do. 

As for diplomatic failure, this goes in cycles, this time we are on the side with the numerical disadvantage, next time, several of those in your current coalition will find themselves in that position, and the time after that others will be there, eventually, so will you. Assuming of course that there is still enough life on Digiterra for all this to continue for long enough.

However, given the cards dealt to us and you for this particular round, I'll stake the claim that we play better. I say we are entitled to be a bit full of ourselves right now.

It appears you've had a bad day. But you can't just rant all your problems away. It takes hard work! If I had my way, I'd never work! I'd just stay home all day, watch Scarface 50 times, eat a turkey sandwich, and do it all freaking day. Then I'd dress up as a clown and surprise kids at schools. Then I'd take a dump in the back of a movie theater, and just wait 'till somebody sat in it. Hear it squish. That's funny to me. Then I'd paint, and read, and play violin. I'd climb the mountains and sing the songs that I like to sing. But I don't have that kind of time.

That said, I've got some good news and some bad news. The bad news is that your rant sucked. The good news is that I just saved a lot of money on my car insurance.

nice to see you're original and quoted Tosh, better luck next time

o/ Pacifica

This war keeps getting better and better while allowing people to see the true faces of certain people and alliances. NPO said 'OK np' when an ally asked them for some extra coverage....TOP's true face is finally coming out for the world to see, and it aint pretty and has more whine in it then Bevmo. Though ive known that to be true for years its nice to see that others are now seeing it as well.

chefjoe, I don't mind you, but this is absolute rubbish.  TOP's true face?  What are you even talking about?  NPO's reasoning behind any of this is laughable.  You know it, I know it.  Ai can negotiate themselves.  The people fighting with TOP can represent themselves.  Even if someone wasn't present, do you really think their allies would sign off without the relevant parties agreeing first?  If yes, it says more about your coalition than anyone of us could in this thread.

Even when speaking to people in your coalition, including government, they were surprised to see the NPO DoW.  They have acknowledged countless times that your coalition is in shambles with many of them wanting peace.

The true test will be how much NPO tries to control negotiations.  If they have any respect for their allies, they will leave the negotiations to the people have been fighting the war for over a month.

I am sure genuine negotiations will start when your side is ready. If NPO has the patience to listen to you whine in the meantime, great. Dont think anyone else wanted that job anyhow.

When our side is ready?  Or do you mean when NPO is ready?  You're smarter than this Sigrun.  There is no other reason NPO would want to get involved at this level, other than their own selfish desires.  And honestly, get over the ban...  It's not something to be so upset over.

We paint ourselves as better because you outnumber us, yet we are still matching you, blows for blows. Chest thumping is all we ever have done on the OWF, it is all we ever will do. 

As for diplomatic failure, this goes in cycles, this time we are on the side with the numerical disadvantage, next time, several of those in your current coalition will find themselves in that position, and the time after that others will be there, eventually, so will you. Assuming of course that there is still enough life on Digiterra for all this to continue for long enough.

However, given the cards dealt to us and you for this particular round, I'll stake the claim that we play better. I say we are entitled to be a bit full of ourselves right now.

So if there is a next time, and members of the current majority find themselves on the minority, you would therefore be understanding of any chest thumping or grandstanding on their part, correct? Indeed, you should be supportive of their self-congratulatory efforts, should you not?

The thing is, chest thumping only ever hurts yourself. But this peanut throwing doubletalk serves no purpose, cheers no person, supports no principle. The world would be all the more better if you would leave your self-indulgent self-promoting self-congratulatory rhetoric behind closed doors.

Your demise is inevitable. Your continued struggle is no more than the death throes of some wild beast. Celebrate all you wish, but make no mistake: when the mushrooms clouds dissipate, it is not we who will be buried under the rubble, but you.

At [url="http://gyazo.com/54f619e5de9ea65d127452bcf3bb806a"]this link[/url] is an image of the thread to which you have made reference, posted during the GPA War, for which you were supposedly banned. It hardly constitutes a recognition of war, but  suppose that's irrelevant. At [url="http://gyazo.com/c03bc9681d7e4be92564ff559ccbd198"]this link[/url] is an image of you posting a mask request change a month later. These two things do not match up with your fantastic claims.

I've not run for office in over three years, so I don't see what office I could have been returned to by the membership. Whether or not I'm a prominent member of the alliance is fully irrelevant to that fact. Your version of events reflects reality only within the confines of your head.

So there you go. Check and mate, and all that jazz. That said, I'm sure we're getting off topic.

The first link is not the thread in question, though it was possibly my last post prior to posting the thread in question. As I recall, the banned message came up quite quickly after I posted, not surprising if you wiped it completely.  I made the mask request after joining your supposed allies, and it was denied without comment. Your prominence in the alliance was the point I was making when I mentioned it to someone else earlier, presumably the person you are getting it from, and so claim that the point is irrelevant to the point is... just classic Crymson.

So yeah, back on topic, welcome to the good fight Pacifica, and let's all meditate on how some folks go all the way down into the gutter but then pick themselves back up and soldier on... while others were born to wallow in it till the very end.

ADDED:

When our side is ready?  Or do you mean when NPO is ready?  You're smarter than this Sigrun.  There is no other reason NPO would want to get involved at this level, other than their own selfish desires.  And honestly, get over the ban...  It's not something to be so upset over.

No, I mean when your side is ready. Your lot are still out here trying to crapflood our threads and making your baghdad bob posts claiming you are winning. You are winning? Great, so shut up and fight then. When you realise you arent winning, but have indeed lost, and are ready to start a conversation from that point of view, it will be time to talk. And Tailsk old buddy, if you think I am upset about being banned you have completely misunderstood everything I shared with you. I dont care that I am banned from a crap board I dont want to post on anyway. The more important point is what sort of pathetic excuse for an alliance acts this way, and empowers people that act this way? Not one that was ever deserving of your loyalty.

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

Why do you have a personal vendetta against TOP? I don't want your autograph, I want you to explain the rage in your heart.

Also we've had genuine discussions. I'm sorry that you guys were not invited, but neither was AI, so you're in good(?) company. :/

The bolded part is most likely why talks of peace on your front arent getting any traction. You can try and 'Dis' us by not trying to include us(you know the people you actually DoW'd) in peace talks, which is just petty, so why would you expect anything less then a petty answer in return? Hell if we were to have been invited to the peace talks then maybe TOP would be at peace today. We trust our allies to do whats best for themselves and us as allies but to just let the insult slide aint gonna happen. Umbrella tried to have that happen before the start of this war and see where its now gotten you, them, us etc. Your 'side' is getting dogpiled exactly because of that kind of arrogant and dismissive behavior, but you obviously have not learned a thing as you go and start peace talks without the main alliance you DoWd being involved for w/e petty BS you have crawling around in your heads(I wouldve said brains but you seem to lack any semblance of human thought by thinking you can flip the bird to us and thinking it was kosher. Especially when that is exactly what started this whole war in the first place, arrogance and thoughts of impunity to your actions).

When you really want to talk peace, id advise letting all involved parties get an invite to the talks and not just expect 'things' to be passed along to be rubber stamped OK. Just a little FYI regarding something you obviously are having lots of trouble with, its called courtesy. Try it out sometime and maybe you will find it will get you much farther then arrogance and condescension.

No, I mean when your side is ready. Your lot are still out here trying to crapflood our threads and making your baghdad bob posts claiming you are winning. You are winning? Great, so shut up and fight then. When you realise you arent winning, but have indeed lost, and are ready to start a conversation from that point of view, it will be time to talk. And Tailsk old buddy, if you think I am upset about being banned you have completely misunderstood everything I shared with you. I dont care that I am banned from a crap board I dont want to post on anyway. The more important point is what sort of pathetic excuse for an alliance acts this way, and empowers people that act this way? Not one that was ever deserving of your loyalty.

Threads? Granted, I don't frequent the OWF too often, but I'm not aware of a "crapflood" of posts dissing your coalition or significant claims that we're winning.  But then again, a month and a half after the war, people on your front are still asking for help and we are still being declared on...  This DoW is different though.  It was in response to someone on your side not being present at a meeting that your coalition (or parts of it) organised - not in response to our actions or those of our allies.

I, and many others, have enjoyed many aspects of this war.  In particular, those who we have engaged with.  Those who have entered this war without bias have seen that TOP is not the scourge that some of you make us out to be.

Perhaps "upset" was the wrong word to use, but it is where much of your animosity towards TOP seems to stem from.  Do not use an experience from years ago or the OWF to gauge what an alliance is truly like.

Edited by TailsK

Threads? Granted, I don't frequent the OWF too often, I'm not aware of a "crapflood" of posts dissing your coalition or significant claims that we're winning.  But then again, a month and a half after the war, people on your front are still asking for help and we are still being declared on...  This DoW is different though.  It was in response to someone on your side not being present at a meeting that your coalition (or parts of it) organised - not in response to our actions or those of our allies.

I, and many others, have enjoyed many aspects of this war.  In particular, those who we have engaged with.  Those who have entered this war without bias have seen that TOP is not the scourge that some of you make us out to be.

Perhaps "upset" was the wrong word to use, but it is where much of your animosity towards TOP seems to stem from.  Do not use an experience from years ago or the OWF to gauge what an alliance is truly like.

Yes, threads, try reading them if you are not aware of the crapflood, and feel masochistic enough. An endless stream of the same lame nonsense, as if repeating it often enough would make it true. There are multiple posts in this very thread claiming you are winning.

And see, this is why I wont do you any favours. This is what actually happened. Some folks on my side tried to do you a favour. And instead of giving a sincere response we get this... every possible minute aspect of the last few days gone over with a fine-toothed comb for any bit of minutiæ that could be turned into a talking point for your crapflooders^wpropagandists to massage for a half point of win.

And it's fine with me if that's how you want to play. My kind-hearted allies have probably learned their lesson by now, at least I certainly hope they know better than to try and do you any more favours.

The bolded part is most likely why talks of peace on your front arent getting any traction. You can try and 'Dis' us by not trying to include us(you know the people you actually DoW'd) in peace talks, which is just petty, so why would you expect anything less then a petty answer in return? Hell if we were to have been invited to the peace talks then maybe TOP would be at peace today. We trust our allies to do whats best for themselves and us as allies but to just let the insult slide aint gonna happen. Umbrella tried to have that happen before the start of this war and see where its now gotten you, them, us etc. Your 'side' is getting dogpiled exactly because of that kind of arrogant and dismissive behavior, but you obviously have not learned a thing as you go and start peace talks without the main alliance you DoWd being involved for w/e petty BS you have crawling around in your heads(I wouldve said brains but you seem to lack any semblance of human thought by thinking you can flip the bird to us and thinking it was kosher. Especially when that is exactly what started this whole war in the first place, arrogance and thoughts of impunity to your actions).

When you really want to talk peace, id advise letting all involved parties get an invite to the talks and not just expect 'things' to be passed along to be rubber stamped OK. Just a little FYI regarding something you obviously are having lots of trouble with, its called courtesy. Try it out sometime and maybe you will find it will get you much farther then arrogance and condescension.

Are you literally unable of the most basic thought process? We already established a million times that the parties that approached us about peace were told to invite everyone who needed to be in. Don't blame us for the fact your allies didn't see the need to involve you.

Are you literally unable of the most basic thought process? We already established a million times that the parties that approached us about peace were told to invite everyone who needed to be in. Don't blame us for the fact your allies didn't see the need to involve you.

This is chefjoe, why you guys even bothered to try and explain to him why NPO declared confuses me. I'm starting to think that TOP is secretly a bunch of mental masochists.

Your attempt to inject division amongst your enemies has failed miserably. No one believes you. Try again tomorrow.

Yes, threads, try reading them if you are not aware of the crapflood, and feel masochistic enough. An endless stream of the same lame nonsense, as if repeating it often enough would make it true. There are multiple posts in this very thread claiming you are winning.

And see, this is why I wont do you any favours. This is what actually happened. Some folks on my side tried to do you a favour. And instead of giving a sincere response we get this... every possible minute aspect of the last few days gone over with a fine-toothed comb for any bit of minutiæ that could be turned into a talking point for your crapflooders^wpropagandists to massage for a half point of win.

And it's fine with me if that's how you want to play. My kind-hearted allies have probably learned their lesson by now, at least I certainly hope they know better than to try and do you any more favours.

Favours?  What favours?  Your side approached our side for peace talks.  We attended.  Terms could not be reached.  I'm not aware of any major criticism from either side (apart from the "omg this particular person was a douche bag", which will always happen).  The key difference here is, that rather than progressing to the next round, NPO gets decided to get involved because they don't have confidence in their allies negotiating peace.  This is where the criticism lies - not with peace talks themselves.  It's an important distinction you should make.

This is hilarious, given you had double my tech and I still destroyed more of yours.

Keep trying.

This is hilarious, given that during the period of your war with Simon, he was engaging two others, and did more damage to the other two targets (65% and 93% respectivly) while you lost 53%.
He clearly saw that you aren't a worthy target and concetrated on the other two.

Keep trying.

Edited by ROMMELHSQ

This is hilarious, given you had double my tech and I still destroyed more of yours.

Keep trying.

No you didn't.

edit: found it

http://www.cybernations.net/war_information.asp?ID=719230

You lost 8,036.91

I lost 7,221.69

While it's not a glorious victory it's not bad considering I was at war with 3 other nations.

Edited by Simon De Montfort

Why is this thread 12 pages long? Of course the NPO is back at their pre-Karma heights, no one can deny that. Perhaps, in another year, a Karma 2.0-esque war changes that again. Its the circle of life. The people shoutting loudest that the NPO is now so great will be the first to turn against them then, and the NPO knows that so they want to maximize their influence. Frankly, I can't blame them. It has worked for them in the past so why change ways?

For all the "TOP is whining" you precious gentlemen are spewing, you haven't heard a single Paradoxian complain that the NPO is hitting us.

On the other hand, lo and behold, AI gets forgotten by its own allies and suddenly, TOP is the supreme evil of all mankind. Heck, you went as far as to say BiPolar was a justified move. 

Yet, for all your nonsensical ramblings about how evil we are, you can't pin a single crime against us. We've tried to get answers from others too. Hey Argent, what's up with you holding a grudge? A grudge over what? And TORN, wanting to see us under a jackboot? When did we last talk? BiPolar?

Take Sigrun here. She goes from thread to thread attacking us. Our alleged crime against her? That we would have banned her from our boards in 2008. 

I understand you guys need villains to justify your pathetic attempts at moral posturing but you will have to try harder. At least, be creative. Invent some stuff. Don't just start ranting about how "you see our true face" and "how deserved the beatdown you took was" when you can't even tell why it was.

The facts remain:

1)Some of your coalition partners approached us to discuss peace.

2)Your coalition partners made us an offer. Did they consult you? It's not up to us to make sure you're included, baby cake. If your allies want to discuss peace without your noble oversight, there might be a reason.

3)We refused said offer.

We then talked the next day. The discussions began as preliminary talks. More people got involved. At some point, both sides felt good to include "everyone". We asked your coalition partners to contact their allies. They said they were doing it. They then told us two or three were missing but that we could proceed.

4)We made a counter-offer.

5)Your coalition partners talked among themselves to see if they were willing to consider it.

6)They rejected it.

Things got downhill from that point on as TORN's representant decided it was smart to make joke counter-offers and then threaten us. Peace talks were aborted. TORN then contacted Pacifica for help. We totally understand why Pacifica DoWed on us, as we said many times, we do not fault them. There is bad blood between us, though, so I don't expect everybody to stay entirely civil.

If you think we somehow manipulated ten of your allies into forgetting that you exist, you very likely should take a step back and reevaluate what you are saying: that means either ten of your allies are massively incompetent OR Paradoxians have supernatural powers.

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov