Imperial Decree - DoW

The implication being we are smart enough to do some sneak move that would go undetected by your allies but not by you.

Interesting.

Many eyes. I will also trust more eyes of the coalition looking at a situation to watch for schenanigans(sp)

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, I don't "allow" anyone anything. That isn't my place or authority. Secondly I have ZERO issue with Ai there. My point remains they should have been there and I fully believe if they aren't you lot will try to pull some bs move. I wasn't disappointed there at all.

My coalition mates have done a great job on that front, period. Attempts to sow discontent there is a sign of absolute weakness. But again that is exactly why I don't trust TOP at all.

I find your distrust of us flattering and your implicit condescension of others refreshing.  A fine return to form for the Imperial Office!

We've proven we can fight the 'mighty' TOP war machine for over a month now.

Yeah, the 12 vs 1 odds really proved your fighting prowess. 

Just a simple question for TOP.

Shouldn't GLOF and DT be the ones who TOP should be dealing for peace since it was they who dealt more damage to TOP?

Yeah but leave it to TORN to waltz in with unwarranted bravado.

Message: A peace offer has been submitted by Simon De Montfort for the following reason: Cessation of Hostilities

I hate to butt into a collateral matter like this, but I for one strongly support the forward motion of this peace train.

People all over the world, join hands~

Many eyes. I will also trust more eyes of the coalition looking at a situation to watch for schenanigans(sp)

Awe Brehon, you're so nice. To think we would be able to deceive 12 alliances that are already keeping their coalition informed of everything we do.

Message: A peace offer has been submitted by Simon De Montfort for the following reason: Cessation of Hostilities

Sending peace offers to try to get opponents to end wars, in a beneficial manner to you, is a legit and viable war tactic. It actually even works sometimes. Not sure why this post is news.

The good folks at GLOF and DT seem to want to give incompetence a role in the talks. They are a charitable bunch.

Oh this is priceless.

/golf clap for sublety

Can't we for once have a war where the losing side does not keep portraying the calling in of additional, disproportionate force a sign of incompetence and lack of political independence, and where the winning side does not keep portraying the usage of peacemode as a sign of cowardice and lack of backbone.

Considering how many times most of us have been on both sides of these arguments you'd think we'd be getting some kind of cognitive dissonance by now.

My point remains they should have been there and I fully believe if they aren't you lot will try to pull some bs move.

The 12 alliances we are fighting aren't smart enough to sense the BS themselves?

Edited by Feanor Noldorin

Can't we for once have a war where the losing side does not keep portraying the calling in of additional, disproportionate force a sign of incompetence and lack of political independence, and where the winning side does not keep portraying the usage of peacemode as a sign of cowardice and lack of backbone.

Considering how many times most of us have been on both sides of these arguments you'd think we'd be getting some kind of cognitive dissonance by now.

If you had entered at first on us, I'd have said: "hey, they're just trying to make sure they have surpluses of manpower to bring us down properly". Right now, it's called a reinforcement. It says that we're hurting your allies. Which, in a 12 vs 1 scenario where they outnumber us seven to one in the middle to lower tier, shouldn't happen.

But like we said, it's either that or you don't trust them to make the proper political decisions. As evidenced by the last pages, it's a mix of both. I wouldn't say it's a return to the vassalization of old but some people are definitely now under the tutelage of Pacifica. 

We hold no ill will towards Pacifica. You are doing what you must with the poor set of cards you were dealt.

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

If you had entered at first on us, I'd have said: "hey, they're just trying to make sure they have surpluses of manpower to bring us down properly". Right now, it's called a reinforcement. It says that we're hurting your allies. Which, in a 12 vs 1 scenario where they outnumber us seven to one in the middle to lower tier, shouldn't happen.

But like we said, it's either that or you don't trust them to make the proper political decisions. As evidenced by the last pages, it's a mix of both. I wouldn't say it's a return to the vassalization of old but some people are definitely now under the tutelage of Pacifica. 

We hold no ill will towards Pacifica. You are doing what you must with the poor set of cards you were dealt.

Having "surpluses of manpower" and "reinforcement" is two ways of saying exactly the same thing. You're basically deflecting the entire argument by implying that somehow timing makes *all the difference in the world* but providing absolutely no reason or logic as to why that might be so. Instead, you use this illusionary difference as ostensible "backup" in trying to further reinforce the idea that your enemy lacks competence or that the NPO is promoting its own interests at the expense of the rest of the front.

Bonus points for that little trick where you try to structure the argument into two strawmen of the type "Well, if you don't agree with me then the only other alternative is an even worse failing on your part".

But, but, but,...without that we would not have any war time propaganda :(

We would have to revert to calling each other pottyheads,....

Its all part of the folklore just what strikes me is that it seems to be in this case all over the map- from being called irrelevant to papa tutor, from being cool with it to being very upset about it.

Anyway, wars rawr, etc.

But, but, but,...without that we would not have any war time propaganda :(
We would have to revert to calling each other pottyheads,....

Its all part of the folklore just what strikes me is that it seems to be in this case all over the map- from being called irrelevant to papa tutor, from being cool with it to being very upset about it.

Anyway, wars rawr, etc.

Apparently we can't be an all-controling paternal autocrat dictator without also being mad and having multiple personalities. I blame popular media for their portrayal of villains.

Why did the EQ even bother initiating some sort of peace offer to TOP? What the heck were they thinking? Only losers would initiate peace offerings, everybody knows that.

This is the real question, it's not a good look on EQ's part.

The implication being we are smart enough to do some sneak move that would go undetected by your allies but not by you.

Interesting.

We shall mask Maladieshie immediately so that we can be tricked at his earliest possible convenience.

I find your distrust of us flattering and your implicit condescension of others refreshing.  A fine return to form for the Imperial Office!

It's only implicit in public. In private they condescend very explicitly. Pacifica is back, Baby! Prepare!

Accept it. It's a genuine offer. Hey, it worked with Lum.

Nubes! We are going to have to own that one. We're not living it down any time soon.

Edit: It was a great learning experience for that ruler though. He learned a lot as a result of that.

Edited by Roadie

We shall mask Maladieshie immediately so that we can be tricked at his earliest possible convenience.

It's only implicit in public. In private they condescend very explicitly. Pacifica is back, Baby! Prepare!

Nubes! We are going to have to own that one. We're not living it down any time soon.

Edit: It was a great learning experience for that ruler though. He learned a lot as a result of that.

Its ok Roadie, one of my opponents in round 3 accepted peace from me... it was hilarious.. I am sure we have had some folks fall for that too.... times like this we need a list kept .

Having "surpluses of manpower" and "reinforcement" is two ways of saying exactly the same thing. You're basically deflecting the entire argument by implying that somehow timing makes *all the difference in the world* but providing absolutely no reason or logic as to why that might be so. Instead, you use this illusionary difference as ostensible "backup" in trying to further reinforce the idea that your enemy lacks competence or that the NPO is promoting its own interests at the expense of the rest of the front.

Bonus points for that little trick where you try to structure the argument into two strawmen of the type "Well, if you don't agree with me then the only other alternative is an even worse failing on your part".

We're absolutely providing reason and logic as to why timing is important in this case. Haven't you bothered to read any of the posts in this thread?

Peace talks between us and our opponents occurred last night. In them, offers were made on both sides, and all these offers were rejected. Of particular note was a laughable demand from some alliances opposing TOP, requiring our unconditional surrender as a prerequisite for peace. Considering that we aren't losing this conflict, the offer was declined.

Now, all of a sudden, we have one of the major alliances of your coalition entering the front, under a series of paper-thin guises about AI's involvement of the peace process and the lower-tier battle. Both of those guises have since been refuted by your own Emperor, via his talks with our Grandmaster.

It's clearly an attempt from our current war targets to put military and diplomatic pressure on TOP by allowing Pacifica to take command of the diplomatic and military operations of this front. Don't try and sugar-coat it, or display it as something else, because you'll just continue to look foolish.