fjKycMR.png

WHOA – WHAT’S WITH THE NAZI PLANE?

Ah, but it’s not. It’s a Finnish plane, from WWII. Why the Nazi markings? 
Well, it’s not that either. 
Finland had used the swastika as their air force insignia since 1918, a full 18 years before Hitler ever took power. Hitler, unfortunately, gave that ancient symbol a bad name from which it will likely never recover. But I digress – where was I?  Oh yes – Finland.

Sad little history for Finland in WWII.  They had no real desire to get involved in the war.  There they sat in 1939, doing all manner of typical Finnish things – hunting reindeer, shoveling snow, sewing fur onto the perimeter of their hoods, etc. -- when they were attacked by the Soviet Union, who feared the Finns would allow German troops to use their nation as a base.  Hopelessly outnumbered and outgunned, they fought back anyway. Later, when Nazi Germany attacked the Soviet Union, Finland fought alongside them, hoping to reclaim territories lost to their common enemy. Not a good choice, but really, there were no good choices available to them.

And THAT, ladies and gentlemen of Planet Bob, is how you somehow find yourself fighting alongside Nazi Germany when all you really wanted to do was hunt caribou in Lapland.

I told you that so I can tell you this:

On 21 February, 2013, the alliance of R&R initiated hostilities against the Screaming Red Ass alliance.  Forthwith and in response, The Screaming Red Asses make the following announcements:

1)      Small and lacking in significance though it is, Screaming Red Asses is an independent, sovereign alliance, and has been for lo these 230-some days. The Red Asses are NOT a sub-set or re-branding of the Hooligan alliance (as Poison Clan and Mushquaeda are to Non-Grata and MK, respectively) or any other alliance.

2)     While I understand the reasons behind the R&R attacks, at the time they initiated hostilities no aid had come to or from the Red Asses to or from any belligerent alliance; no Red Ass member joined the Red Asses from any belligerent alliance nor joined any belligerent alliance from SRA; and no act of war was undertaken against R&R or any other alliance by SRA or its members. We feel this attack was unprovoked, and is diplomatically and politically not legitimate.

3)      The Screaming Red Asses hereby recognize a state of war between themselves and the alliance of R&R.

4)      The Screaming Red Asses do not consider this war a front of the Equilibrium War, nor themselves a part of the “Competence Coalition”. Whatever the cause of the current world war, that cause is not ours.

5)      S’up, GOD?      (No, this is not a declaration against GOD – I have nothing whatsoever against GOD and this war has nothing to do with GOD. 

I’ve just never DoW’ed an SF member before, and it seems like anytime there is a declaration of war on an SF alliance, somebody somewhere feels the need to add “S’up GOD” to the proceedings. I’m not sure for what reason GOD gets s’upped, or what the s’uppage of GOD  accomplishes, exactly.  Pretty sure that Tom Riddle could rogue NPL and the s’upping of GOD would commence. However, if the s’upping  of GOD is some sort of prerequisite for declaring on an SF alliance, well, by admin let’s consider them s’upped and get on with it.)

Signed,

Uotfxjq.png?1

A MESSAGE FROM THE SCREAMING RED ASS MINISTER OF METAPHOR AND HYPERBOLE:  In comparing ourselves to Finland of 1939, the overwhelming temptation may be present to assume we are implying that R&R are Stalinist aggressors.  While in the metaphor they are in fact represented by the Soviet Union, they seemed pretty decent and un-Stalinist in diplomatic efforts, which I was sorry to see fail.  Also, those seeking to extend the metaphor in the other direction should be aware that GATO, EvU, HB and my beloved Hooligansare not the Nazi’s you are looking for.

TL;DR:

Finland
DoW on R&R
No Competence
S’up GOD?
No one is really a Nazi

Edited by Walshington

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4)      The Screaming Red Asses do not consider this war a front of the Equilibrium War, nor themselves a part of the “Competence Coalition”. Whatever the cause of the current world war, that cause is not ours.

Awesome, so we can keep attacking you after the rest of them surrender?

I get where you're coming from, but the posturing is silly given the context.

Edited by Schattenmann

This is pretty sloppy work from R&R.  If they have any class they should be sending reps, and an apology, your way.

Is it?

All but 1 nation had 1 day or less seniority when hooligans attacked us. All but said one nation where targeted. All SRA had to do was sign a declaration that they would not enter the conflict or aid alliances in the competence coalition and agree that any nation that switched back after said agreement to hooligans to enter the war from the hooligans AA would not be included in any eventual peace settlement between Hooligans and R&R (just like PoW's aren't included when they surrender and then switch back to continue the fight). Said offer still stands.

Since the attack started of the give or take 10 nations that went to SRA's AA the vast majority already switched back to hooligans without even trying to explain they are no longer in Hooligans (you would think that seeing they just left hooligans they would assume they would try to clear up any confusion).

I'm still convinced they just hopped AA like so many in the competence coalition. One of them even admitted he switched because he was unable to get back into peace mode before the DoW. As for the ONLY SRA nation with a seniority older than 1 day.. we didn't touch him.. but with this i guess he just became a casualty of war.

Now you're gonna ask 'what if you're wrong?'
Leaving your alliance the day before it enters a losing war is called desertion, no tears from me.

Anyway, this makes our lives easier. When you're ready to sign and end this you know where to find us.

Edit: Ps: it is a good announcement :) Edited by EgoFreaky

Is it?All but 1 nation had 1 day or less seniority when hooligans attacked us. All but said one nation where targeted. All SRA had to do was sign a declaration that they would not enter the conflict or aid alliances in the competence coalition and agree that any nation that switched back after said agreement to hooligans to enter the wasometimes i really think you peopler from the hooligans AA would not be included in any eventual peace settlement between Hooligans and R&R (just like PoW's aren't included when they surrender and then switch back to continue the fight). Said offer still stands.Since the attack started of the give or take 10 nations that went to SRA's AA the vast majority already switched back to hooligans without even trying to explain they are no longer in Hooligans (you would think that seeing they just left hooligans they would assume they would try to clear up any confusion).I'm still convinced they just hopped AA like so many in the competence coalition. One of them even admitted he switched because he was unable to get back into peace mode before the DoW. As for the ONLY SRA nation with a seniority older than 1 day.. we didn't touch him.. but with this i guess he just became a casualty of war.Now you're gonna ask 'what if you're wrong?'Leaving your alliance the day before it enters a losing war is called desertion, no tears from me.Anyway, this makes our lives easier. When you're ready to sign and end this you know where to find us.Edit: Ps: it is a good announcement :)

At what time did you contact the hooligans government? Yes the majority of those nations that left hooligans (because they did not agree with this war in general) have returned. Wouldn't you if the micro that has no ability to aid you in a massively one sided war was not the safe Haven you thought it would be. We accepted those nations back as a matter of brotherly (and sisterly <3Cybeline) love. I really think you people give hooligans too much credit at times. Your aggression on a peaceful alliance just goes to show how much your side had turned this whole matter into one of raw emotional aggression and revenge with no concern for proper conduct or the traditions of the game.

Walsh, good luck to you in your war and awesome op as always. Edited by Xanth

Yes the majority of those nations that left hooligans (because they did not agree with this war in general) have returned. Wouldn't you if the micro that has no ability to aid you in a massively one sided war was not the safe Haven you thought it would be.

No.  If I were truly a refugee, then I would accept the peace that RIA offered.  It is your allies who have made alliance affiliation an unreliable metric in this war, take your complaints to them, and then post logs for us to laugh at when they tell you to go fuck yourself.

Oh schatt, im not going to argue with you here, you are not worth my time, and we are talking about R&R not RIA here so thanks for the input. As for this whole mess, hooligans is fine with it,we will always accept members back in a situation like this and we will still do what we do and care verry little about the schatts of the world.

edit* im sure if i ever cared enough to find you on irc i could make some really funny sigs out of that conversation

Edited by Xanth