Imperial Decree

Brehon

This is amusing given that you were the first to launch a war between GOONS and NATO without an actual declaration of war. I don't have a problem with it given the statement of intent in the initial DoW, but don't try to take the moral high ground with regard to other alliances posting actual declarations.

I don't think this is the case. Not to turn a small matter into a big deal or anything but my own records (updated on 29 January) indicated GOONS had defensive wars from NATO prior to any offensive wars coming the other way - although I didn't think it was worth bothering about a screenshot record at the time. OTOH there are other tools available frex. wrt Marx's war on Portus Cale, if you check this link:

http://cybernations.lyricalz.com/alliance/war?alliance=NATO&start=2013-01-24&end=2013-02-25#myModal

Then this:

http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.asp?search=418313&Extended=1

You'll find that these wars occurred in early February. If you click the following link, you'll find an offensive war on GOONS from NATO dating from 28 January, which concurs with my record and with Samus's tool above:

http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.asp?search=478243&Extended=1

If you can find a GOONS offensive war on NATO prior to Musgrave's war, I'd be happy to withdraw my objection to your claim but I don't see it.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think this is the case. Not to turn a small matter into a big deal or anything but my own records (updated on 29 January) indicated GOONS had defensive wars from NATO prior to any offensive wars coming the other way - although I didn't think it was worth bothering about a screenshot record at the time. OTOH there are other tools available frex. wrt Marx's war on Portus Cale, if you check this link:

http://cybernations.lyricalz.com/alliance/war?alliance=NATO&start=2013-01-24&end=2013-02-25#myModal

Then this:

You'll find that these wars occurred in early February. If you click the following link, you'll find an offensive war on GOONS from NATO dating from 28 January, which concurs with my record and with Samus's tool above:

If you can find a GOONS offensive war on NATO prior to Musgrave's war, I'd be happy to withdraw my objection to your claim but I don't see it.

If Musgrave's war occured prior to Marx's, then I will withdraw my claim with apologies to Marx :) 

I know exactly who attacked who first. Its not even a question for me or for you. You may stand down on your grandstand and busting my chops. Now if I need to take it a step further for the new GOONS strike on my nation or the little TOP supported ghost/rogue etc... I am sure you will all let me know, wont you :)

Marx if you don't like the clerical clean up, you will get over it. However if there is more to this, do let me know :)

I never stated that I didn't like it and that is beside the point. Instead of blindly flailing about at everything that moves without any clear record of what is being done you could instead post an actual declaration of war from now on so your MilCom can stay organized. It's clear they need some kind of paperwork filed. I shouldn't have to confirm we were at war with your MilCom when they come asking why we're still retaliating for what was done on your end. Your alliance and coalition won't look like fools for having to take back even more war declarations because you guys made a mistake that could have easily been avoided. Beat your chest to save face all you like, it doesn't accomplish anything. If you don't want to be criticized for your mistakes you're in the wrong business.

This is amusing given that you were the first to launch a war between GOONS and NATO without an actual declaration of war. I don't have a problem with it given the statement of intent in the initial DoW, but don't try to take the moral high ground with regard to other alliances posting actual declarations.

Open mouth, insert foot.

That said you were pretty good. You're probably the only person I've seen so far who knows how to use spies.

Then this:

Ta-da! Thanks, Umar.

Edit: I'm getting my catchphrases backwards today!

Edited by Emperor Marx

I never stated that I didn't like it and that is beside the point. Instead of blindly flailing about at everything that moves without any clear record of what is being done you could instead post an actual declaration of war from now on so your MilCom can stay organized. It's clear they need some kind of paperwork filed. I shouldn't have to confirm we were at war with your MilCom when they come asking why we're still retaliating for what was done on your end. Your alliance and coalition won't look like fools for having to take back even more war declarations because you guys made a mistake that could have easily been avoided. Beat your chest to save face all you like, it doesn't accomplish anything. If you don't want to be criticized for your mistakes you're in the wrong business.

The point is that the issue has been resolved. GOONS has been purposely left out of the declaration because of this. Whereas the rest of the declaration serves the exact purpose that you are complaining about. I fail to see why you need to go out on a limb to continue badgering us about something that has seen its resolution right here in this thread. Complaining about our lack of paperwork? Look at the OP. Complaining about our lack of cohesion? Right here. In this thread. What you are doing is called beating a dead horse. You are using this thread as your pretext for this particular soapbox. So yes, all you are doing is grandstanding.

You made a boneheaded mistake in a series of such mistakes made by your coalition and are being called out for it. I don't seek to drum up support from any spectators with my criticism. There just happens to be an audience in this forum. If it's grandstanding to criticize the Order for something idiotic that you have done then I don't believe you have a firm grasp on the definition of grandstanding. Perhaps you meant to say I am being "mean" by issuing a rather blunt condemnation of your fumbling about like a group of fools. I know your side has abandoned the idea of thinking before you act, but you don't need to forget how to properly use words in a sentence too.

It's grandstanding when you are criticizing something that has been resolved in this very thread, a point you failed to address. You are not only being blunt, which no one minds, you are being repetitious and redundant and are basically making a mountain out of nothing.

That doesn't take away from the core of what I am saying at all. But since it seems to elude you I'll reiterate: Post actual declarations and communicate with your MilCom from now on and you're less likely to forget who you started a war with in the future.

And Brehon can leave the veiled threats at the door. Nobody feels threatened by them.

Edited by Emperor Marx

That doesn't take away from the core of what I am saying at all. But since it seems to elude you I'll reiterate: Post actual declarations and communicate with your MilCom from now on and you're less likely to forget who you started a war with in the future.

And Brehon can leave the veiled threats at the door. Nobody feels threatened by them.

In particular when you alliance has been smashed so small the only people in range are Kaskus.  Sure is easy to get mouthy when you have nothing left lose eh? 

Awww nice way to try and twist it. Brehon stated that GOONS member needs to check with his leader before he runs his mouth and Mr M basically was addressing that NU's comment alone would mean the OP needed to be edited.

Try Harder ;)

The point is that the issue has been resolved. GOONS has been purposely left out of the declaration because of this.

lmbo. Left hand, right hand, is it resolved or not? huh.gif

I fail to see how what I said contradicts LV. We have an understanding with GOONS, and the OP reflects that understanding. If you want more details, why don't you ask them yourself in private. They're your allies.

And I am saying that your criticism is redundant and your other post that I quoted there was pure grandstanding. Feel free to criticize us however you want, but that doesn't change the facts. 

I fail to see how what I said contradicts LV. We have an understanding with GOONS, and the OP reflects that understanding. If you want more details, why don't you ask them yourself in private. They're your allies.

Then perhaps you should work on your reading comprehension. LV's post was based on the premise that there had been no resolution with GOONS, in fact he stated that my assumption that Brehon's post insinuated there was a resolution was nothing more than spin. Is this really the state of NPO gov these days? Get your shit together for Christ's sake.

Then perhaps you should work on your reading comprehension. LV's post was based on the premise that there had been no resolution with GOONS, in fact he stated that my assumption that Brehon's post insinuated there was a resolution was nothing more than spin. Is this really the state of NPO gov these days? Get your shit together for Christ's sake.

LV's post was hardly based on the premise that there was no resolution with GOONS. He was simply stating the fact that as a result of the resolution, any further "retaliations" would just break the resolution that Brehon and Sardonic achieved. And he told Rey to check with Sardonic because it was clear that Rey had no clue about the aforementioned resolution. Now what was that about reading comprehension?

LV's post was hardly based on the premise that there was no resolution with GOONS. He was simply stating the fact that as a result of the resolution, any further "retaliations" would just break the resolution that Brehon and Sardonic achieved. And he told Rey to check with Sardonic because it was clear that Rey had no clue about the aforementioned resolution. Now what was that about reading comprehension?

Didn't Brehon just say there is no issue with GOONS?

Awww nice way to try and twist it. Brehon stated that GOONS member needs to check with his leader before he runs his mouth and Mr M basically was addressing that NU's comment alone would mean the OP needed to be edited.

Try Harder ;)

Hmmmm. So either LV likes to come across as a blustering fool, or he was wrong. Which is it? Edited by WorldConqueror

Not sure what you are reading, but the five fingered twins are in agreement....Initial situation (from our perspective) is resolved. From what has been posted it would seem GOONS member is either out of the loop about what happened Gov to Gov or is simply being GOONS and spinning the hell out of something which is really nothing.

So wait. Is NPO at war with GOONS or not?

The Emperor has stated quite clearly who we are at war with...as of this moment this had not changed. Tomorrow may bring a different answer.

You may be questioning the wrong person regarding comprehension. Where have I stated there no resolution with GOONS? In fact I thought my statement was quite clear that there was not. However with the statement of the GOONS member and current actions with nations under their AA, may be new situation.

Do you sometimes post the opposite of what you mean or something?

Yes definitely as sometimes it is the only way to keep up with MK mouthpieces.

However even due to my mistype, I am sure you understand what I intended, or do you really require me to restate?

EDIT: (OOC) Changed word to conform with ToS

Edited by Lord Valleo

Yes definitely as sometimes it is the only way to keep up with MK trolls.

However even due to my mistype, I am sure you understand what I intended, or do you really require me to restate?

It would be nice if you managed to convey the message you wish to convey is all. How can you blame other people for misunderstanding your posts when you literally say the complete opposite of what you apparently intend?

It would be nice if you managed to convey the message you wish to convey is all. How can you blame other people for misunderstanding your posts when you literally say the complete opposite of what you apparently intend?

Actually you're both not understanding what the other person is saying, most likely because you are trying to say the same thing but are on opposite sides of the war.