Can't sell land. Says I have no land to sell with 1100 miles

Daedalus27

It is not allowing me to sell land to get below 1000 miles to avoid naval combat.  I removed my ships, paid my bills, entered a negative twenty on the land to puchase, hit calculate, it gave a negative $6000 result but when I confirmed it gave me the following error message:

warning2.gif

You have received an error trying to
view a page. Here is the detailed error code: You have no land to
sell.

I have 1183 land available to sell so that isn't the issue.  I tried performing this action in both IE and Firefox and both gave the same result.  I seem to be complying with all the rules to sell land yet it is not allowing me to do so.  Is there a CD after eliminating naval forces before you can sell land and if so why isn't it in the documentation anywhere.  If this is a bug, how can I resolve it?

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=38760

1,188.613 mile diameter.
0.000 in purchases, 0.000 in modifiers, 1,188.613 in growth

That's what it says about your land, so it appears to not let you sell the land you haven't bought as you just have the land that has grown naturally, I'm not aware of this issue, although I think you should be able to delete the naturally expanded land

How is this fair that older nations have no recourse to avoid naval combat if we are unable to reduce our land holdings?  We get pummled and have to keep taking hits while younger nations can safely dispose of land and avoid this costly area of combat. This is a significant bug as there is nothing that can reduce our land holdings (nukes don't even damage it) so naval combat can always be done against us even if we are tiny due to war losses.

Edited by Daedalus27

You choose whether or not to have furs (now),  there is no choice on basic land growth.  Navies are expensive to field when your constantly beat down in warfare as you have to have at least 1500 infra, plus the cost of the ships.  It is expensive to have to do this each day.  This is a bug, plain and simple and needs to be addressed.  Either make naval combat available (IE navies can be used on everyone)  to everyone no matter the land level so you can't escape it by selling land, or allow the selling of growth based land.  Either way, having some able to avoid naval combat while others cannot is unfair and a bug

Edited by Daedalus27

You choose whether or not to have furs (now),  there is no choice on basic land growth.  Navies are expensive to field when your constantly beat down in warfare as you have to have at least 1500 infra, plus the cost of the ships.  It is expensive to have to do this each day.  This is a bug, plain and simple and needs to be addressed.  Either make naval combat available (IE navies can be used on everyone)  to everyone no matter the land level so you can't escape it by selling land, or allow the selling of growth based land.  Either way, having some able to avoid naval combat while others cannot is unfair and a bug

Requiring naval combat for old nations is by design. You can always avoid naval combat by going into peace mode.