War Losses Charts

Beauty

Oh neat a Shatt sig. I'm honored but you forgot to include my last message...any reason why?

Also yeah these stats are a bit skewed...interesting still I guess.

I could only fit but so much of your idiocy into one sig.  You should write a blog about admin deleting wars on behalf of Anarchy Inc., it would be an instant classic.

Edited by Schattenmann

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The purpose of statistics is to paint an accurate picture of real-world trends and events, if they fail to do that (as these numbers do) they are pointless and irrelevant. Regardless of why AA-hopping is occurring (screwing up targeting, b/c it's goofy and fun, etc.) it has to be accounted for in the statistics. Otherwise you end up with a skewed picture of what actually is occurring and your numbers fail the most basic test of useful statistics.

To argue that "well, the numbers are off but if you didn't want them to be off you should all just stay on the same AA" is worse than useless.

I could only fit but so much of your idiocy into one sig.  You should write a blog about admin deleting wars on behalf of Anarchy Inc., it would be an instant classic.

You should write a moral tirade about how Anarchy Inc. declares wars over moderation issues......of course if you still stand by your assertions then you should....unless you agree with that kind of thing. 

The purpose of statistics is to paint an accurate picture of real-world trends and events, if they fail to do that (as these numbers do) they are pointless and irrelevant. Regardless of why AA-hopping is occurring (screwing up targeting, b/c it's goofy and fun, etc.) it has to be accounted for in the statistics. Otherwise you end up with a skewed picture of what actually is occurring and your numbers fail the most basic test of useful statistics.

To argue that "well, the numbers are off but if you didn't want them to be off you should all just stay on the same AA" is worse than useless.

It just increases the margin of error.  As long as it's not too much, no big deal.

These numbers are getting closer and closer together every update, now only 19% stands the difference between losses for each side.

No.

As bad as this tastes coming out of my mouth, Competence did less damage than EQ at first, however Competence has risen up quite a lot and is now doing a couple million NS more damage towards Equilibrium.

No.

As bad as this tastes coming out of my mouth, Competence did less damage than EQ at first, however Competence has risen up quite a lot and is now doing a couple million NS more damage towards Equilibrium.

Well, this is to be expected, really. Nations fighting EQ more or less are sitting at static levels of infra and often (especially in the really low NS ranges) hitting people much less prepared. For many of them, they are only taking a nuke or so a day of damage - which probably has a net effect of only hurting tech - while their opponents are losing infra as well.

Well, this is to be expected, really. Nations fighting EQ more or less are sitting at static levels of infra and often (especially in the really low NS ranges) hitting people much less prepared. For many of them, they are only taking a nuke or so a day of damage - which probably has a net effect of only hurting tech - while their opponents are losing infra as well.

This is another cursory roundabout way to say "the smaller always does more damage than the larger side." Too bad it is a proven fallacy. This is the only global war it has ever happened in. And it is happening , quite simply, because we are just better and more dedicated to doing our jobs, while about 4 competent alliances on the other side strain their back muscles carrying the useless bloat in their coalition. This is , quite frankly, an undeniable fact.

Updated for 3/17/13,

Bloc Sheet is now up.

CSN is not fighting.. did not sign the DoW. For the sake of accuracy of statistics, I suggest removing them from the SF chart so that the % of NS loss is not  artificially deflated.

Same for Sentinel. Menotah, USN, UPN are not in the war hence for purposes of war statistics and losses, should not be included.

Edited by Rush Sykes

CSN is not fighting.. did not sign the DoW. For the sake of accuracy of statistics, I suggest removing them from the SF chart so that the % of NS loss is not  artificially deflated.

Same for Sentinel. Menotah, USN, UPN are not in the war hence for purposes of war statistics and losses, should not be included.

i agree. i'd remove anyone who isnt at war.

i agree. i'd remove anyone who isnt at war.

It is to calculate the total strength of blocs, and the NS there is the same NS as they are now, not before and afters. The individual sheets are for losses per alliance. This is to calculate the total strength of blocs. Basically to see how stong X is over Y. Etc.

If they are so badly prepared then they should not have declared war on us.

If they are so badly prepared then they should not have declared war on us.

Most 5k or 30k nations are not - nearly by definition - prepared to easily handle a previously 80k+ nation with nearly full military wonders. Or 5k nations handling which previously were 25k, etc.

Future LoSS war plans stolen from DH

Send anyone without a big advantage into peace mode

Run to other AA's to hide from attacks, confure stats and try and sneak attack

Loose most our NS

Claim Victory

?????

Prosper

LoSS war plans stolen from LoSS:

- Send badly coordinated small nations up against enemy for TIO/GATO

- Beg TIO/GATO for aid

- Repeat

Most 5k or 30k nations are not - nearly by definition - prepared to easily handle a previously 80k+ nation with nearly full military wonders. Or 5k nations handling which previously were 25k, etc.

And yet they created a situation where they would see full military wondered high tech nations smashing through those "unprepared" nations.  If they are whining about being smashed they have only themselves to blame for getting involved against us.

And yet they created a situation where they would see full military wondered high tech nations smashing through those "unprepared" nations.  If they are whining about being smashed they have only themselves to blame for getting involved against us.

And here I thought we were objectively discussing why it is possible for EQ to have more total NS damage than your side of this war.