Biggest War Ever?

Sephiroth

And what about time?  Which had been the longest?  I guess this one would top others.  Most probably the whole global conflict will go on until summer or maybe a few months more. 

Not the longest yet.  Potentially it could be the longest, but it isn't close to being the longest as it currently stands.

The longest in recent memory?  not even that, the last war with Umbrella vs Fark lasted 2 months.  It hasn't been 2 months yet.  Other wars have lasted longer, and some of the warchests involved in this war could have this last pretty long if all the other factors allow for continued warfare.

Sorry I didn't notice until now.

I really like your Username btw

Yes I know.  :)  I was amazed it was available.

Macondo, in honor to:

Cien años de soledad (One Hundred Years of Solitude), Gabriel García Márquez

Not the longest yet.  Potentially it could be the longest, but it isn't close to being the longest as it currently stands.

The longest in recent memory?  not even that, the last war with Umbrella vs Fark lasted 2 months.  It hasn't been 2 months yet.  Other wars have lasted longer, and some of the warchests involved in this war could have this last pretty long if all the other factors allow for continued warfare.

That was my point, you used better words.  :)

^This war is for supremacy and/or survival so it would not end in just a few weeks or a couple of months.

But I'm sad since I don't have my old nation anymore.  I'm just re-starting at a very bad timing.  And for me the saddest part of all, is that apparently no one wants new nations due to trust issues during a war.  But nevertheless, I enjoy reading all the damage and stuff that's going on.

Edit: Just about now, I received a PM telling me that I had been accepted by IRON.

Edited by Macondo

This war is not about Supremacy, its about beating down Umbrella and taking away Umbrella's tech.

This war as it stands isn't the longest, but this war isn't over yet, and we still have to see what EQ can do about the top tier advantage DH has.

This is definitely the most even war since Bipolar, and has the most potential for destruction.  I'd measure "big" in terms of percentage of world NS destroyed, and we are doing pretty well, at about 18% of world NS lost in the last 30 days.

In terms of number of alliances involved, I don't think this is the biggest. In terms of nations involved it most certaintly isn't the biggest. In terms of damage done, this perhaps is the biggest. In terms of how quick it "escalated", it is the biggest. There are several ways of measuring how "big" a war is.

In terms of number of alliances involved, I don't think this is the biggest. In terms of nations involved it most certaintly isn't the biggest. In terms of damage done, this perhaps is the biggest. In terms of how quick it "escalated", it is the biggest. There are several ways of measuring how "big" a war is.

what about persentige of globule NS lost?: seems the measure to me

Sure, if you can back up the claim with some stats.

Sure, if you can back up the claim with some stats.

Im not making a claim: I'm asking about statistics. (Im too new to know evan Karma or the begging of Bipoler)  I merely state what my standard is and want to know from the older nations how this war compare to older wars like karma or the grate wars?

This is a pretty destructive war but BiPolar was insane. TOP was a 220 nation Umbrella and CnG was at their peak. That front was absolutely brutal. I remember we had 100 members on IRC coordinating. I don't think we will ever match that again just due to the state of the game.

Yeah, #kingdom had something like 110 users, and #mushroom ended up breaking after being flooded with something like 300. My numbers are probably off somewhat, but it was crazy (and quite fun). 

On another note, did the Unjust War really have more nations involved than Great War III? That doesn't seem correct, given how massive the Legion, GATO, and the NPO were around then, but my memory is pretty poor. 

This definitely isn't the biggest in terms of players. [ooc]come on, the servers hardly even lag anymore :awesome:[/ooc]

I remember when you couldnt even get on for up to an hour if you didnt log in before hand