Fired a nuke before the game supposedly allowed it

HHAYD

When I attempted to nuke him yesterday, I got the message on the left.

75658572.jpg

The message on the right, well, seems odd. Because he was able to slip in a nuke earlier than the game supposedly allowed, it costed me badly when he launched GA attacks shortly afterwards.

EDIT: Here's the "War Declared" message:

21603409.jpg

EDIT 2: I've also just noticed that the war would last for 8 days. I'm assuming the server rounded the 11:55 to 12:00, correct?

Edited by HHAYD

They were actually bombing runs if you check your messages and the outcome would have been the same regardless of whether or not the game mechanics weren't whack. Whether or not a nuke flew at 12:13 or 12:55 you were going to lose the same amount. Lucky you, though, for the extra day of fighting.

Because the game stated that I couldn't nuke until 12:55, I did not see a need to be on the computer between 12:00 and 12:50. Had I know that he was able to nuke me at 12:13, I would've been on and repurchased my ground army and aircraft before he launched his GAs, thus denying him of doing non-nuclear damage.

Because the game stated that I couldn't nuke until 12:55, I did not see a need to be on the computer between 12:00 and 12:50. Had I know that he was able to nuke me at 12:13, I would've been on and repurchased my ground army and aircraft before he launched his GAs, thus denying him of doing non-nuclear damage.

You lost on the ground immediately before and after update without nuclear support. It's only your fault to have ignored the fact that you were susceptible to ground attacks seconds before update and then immediately following. 

I'm just suggesting that your AC losses as well as the ones incurred from the nuke would have happened no matter what. 

Against all of my opponents I've fought so far, not one has nuked AFTER GAing me. They always nuke first, then GA.

I have yet to lose a battle when my nation gets nuked while I'm still hitting "Refresh".

Edited by HHAYD

Against all of my opponents I've fought so far, not one has nuked AFTER GAing me. They always nuke first, then GA.

I have yet to lose a battle when I'm babysitting my nation.

Yes, but if you really knew anything you'd have noticed the effective timing of those GAs. They allowed the nation of Holy Empire of Splat to deploy all troops and tanks home (after winning 4 GAs). Had you considered GAs before nuking Flak you would have actually gotten ground attacks in and not wasted two spy operations on Defcon levels. ;) 

Regardless of the strategy behind it, this still appears to be a bug.

Yeah - I thought the bug being reported was the nuke launch time issue, not about whether GAs would have resulted in the same damage done in the end ...

I only speak up in this thread because I also experienced an 'early' nuke launch around the end of December, also within an hour of the expected availability. Was trying to figure out if it had to do with some sort of rounding script .. Don't have anything recorded and didn't think anything enough of it at the time to make any records for question.