War from Deinos

We're not bragging. We're not actively going out and saying HAAAA WE'LL MESS YOU UP LIKE WE MESSED UP FARK!!!!1!1!one!

We're simply defending our record against people who have their heads up their rears.

Like I said, it came across as bragging to me, and frankly it annoyed me. I read it more as Deinos trying to put itself on the level of Fark, which is about as absurd and uncalled for as the lovechild of Schatt and Tom Riddle. Evidently it was not, so there's no issue except the collective enjoyment of name calling. I'll admit I may have reacted more vitriolically than I should have or normally would, but oh well, it's the OWF. If your post doesn't have at least one uncalled for and overexaggerated ad hominem attack it doesn't count :P

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably because NPO was giving the coalition the most trouble, and we don't, and have never, taken the easy way out in war?

Jesus you're thick. Fark has quite possibly the best military on Bob, with people at 25k NS with WRC's, and we went up against them green. We fought them to a stalemate. Please, humor me, point out how we did oh so poorly last war.

[url=http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=464460]http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=464460[/url]

Desired Religion: Sikhism
Desired Government: Democracy
Threat Level: Severe
Tax Rate: 30%
Number of Spies: 550
Last Nuke Purchase: None
Last Wonder Purchase: 6/8/2012
Total Money: $68,828,363
Technology: 739.08 Levels
Last Bill Payment: 7/4/2012 12:00:42 AM
Trade Partners: Svartisen, Riviera, Stryker
Secret Aid Sent To: None
Total Aircraft: 58
Aircraft Fighter Strength: 513
Aircraft Bomber Strength: 9
Navy Purchases Today: 0
Navy Vessels:0

To answer your question, you weren't prepared and thought that by joining a curbstomp late with 5 times the nation strength, you'd face easy, overwhelmed, wimpy targets.

More specifically, you personally were more bark than bite.  You entered the war with less than 70m in warchest and found yourself completely reliant on Umbrella aid in two weeks.  By the end of the third week, your aid slots were already used up with cash and you turtled.  You retreated to the OWF and talked big here because you really couldn't say much on the battlefield.

It's a shame you weren't more like this guy:

You don't actually know all that much about how that war went down did you? You guys are just lucky that we fought one of CN's best militaries instead of one of the many cut rate, 3rd string alliances your side associates with. I'd like to see you take on nations 1000 days older with full military wonders with the 50-200 day old nations we were working with.

I'm not surprised you blindly went along with the propaganda spoon fed to you and don't particularly blame you for not caring enough to actually look into the facts of the situation but don't be surprised when you get called out as an idiot for spouting off such uninformed nonsense. 

Mr. Culkin here showed up with a warchest and tech.  Chest out and mouth wide open, he ran forward into war.  A total casualty virgin, I was quite happy to break that hyman for him.  Sadly and like most overly excited teenagers, he burned out quickly.  After 10 days, he retreated to peace mode and proceed to blow his entire warchest on infra.   A true warrior, he returned to the war with no more savings and an amazing infra;tech ratio of 3 to 1.  Luckily, the kindess of Umbrella was there to keep him from bill lock.

Lastly, we have this fellow:

Between us, Umb, and TLR they had us outnumbered nearly 2 to 1 in the ranges that were actually fought in(20-60k), most of them being wonder filled nations who never rebuilt from the war previous, but go ahead and keep doing your thing!

I mean nobody is trying to make it seem like we went out and completely leveled the mighty Fark, Fark fought really well and we admittedly did not have enough nations in range on that front to take them out, but it's dumb when people come out to post that we performed poorly in that war.

Jaym is a superb human being and an all around nice guy.  I really have no issue with him and if he's the face of the alliance, I understand the loyalty Dienos inspires in its friends.

He was the first Deinos to declare on Fark and he happened to choose me for the honor.  Like Culkin, he had a warchest and tech but also a virgin.  He lasted 3 weeks before discovering himself at just under 15 million in warchest and reliant on Umbrella aid. 

So to answer Jake's question, Deinos was unprepared and overconfident and thats why you had issues.

The stats of that war and the recovery are available in the Sanction Race thread.  I think they speak for themselves.

I'm confident you guys learned from it. 

Edited by Jim Bob the Glorious

To answer your question, you weren't prepared and thought that by joining a curbstomp late with 5 times the nation strength, you'd face easy, overwhelmed, wimpy targets.

More specifically, you personally were more bark than bite.  You entered the war with less than 70m in warchest and found yourself completely reliant on Umbrella aid in two weeks.  By the end of the third week, your aid slots were already used up with cash and you turtled.  You retreated to the OWF and talked big here because you really couldn't say much on the battlefield.

It's a shame you weren't more like this guy:

Mr. Culkin here showed up with a warchest and tech.  Chest out and mouth wide open, he ran forward into war.  A total casualty virgin, I was quite happy to break that hyman for him.  Sadly and like most overly excited teenagers, he burned out quickly.  After 10 days, he retreated to peace mode and proceed to blow his entire warchest on infra.   A true warrior, he returned to the war with no more savings and an amazing infra;tech ratio of 3 to 1.  Luckily, the kindess of Umbrella was there to keep him from bill lock.

Lastly, we have this fellow:

Jaym is a superb human being and an all around nice guy.  I really have no issue with him and if he's the face of the alliance, I understand the loyalty Dienos inspires in its friends.

He was the first Deinos to declare on Fark and he happened to choose me for the honor.  Like Culkin, he had a warchest and tech but also a virgin.  He lasted 3 weeks before discovering himself at just under 15 million in warchest and reliant on Umbrella aid. 

So to answer Jake's question, Deinos was unprepared and overconfident and thats why you had issues.

The stats of that war and the recovery are available in the Sanction Race thread.  I think they speak for themselves.

I'm confident you guys learned from it. 

You forgot about me though.  No turtling that war, fighting back after taking on your upper tier.  You will always have people who are more bark than bite, but others who have a whole lot of heart. 

Fact is FARK was preparing for that war right as the prior one ended.  FARK was in a great position as a result of not rebuilding to fight, and that is exactly what FARK did. 

Edited by Caliph

Wasn't I the one that fought you right from the beginning, the final end and once or twice in the middle?  I thought we were going to get married at one point.  That was fun.  Got both our casualty count up.

:awesome:

We fought at least twice.  There was one person I fought 3 times, maybe 2 people, and several I fought twice iirc.  Come to think of it it probably was you :D

I broke the 2 mill casualty mark that war.  I'm personally hoping to raise my casualty count this war too :D

My main point was in fact that Deinos doesn't deserve praise and doesn't
deserve bragging rights for the fight against Fark. Perhaps it was not
the intention, but it certainly came across as that's what you all were
doing. You fought Fark without too much backup. Sure, took some solid
cajones, good job, but it simply came across to me as the Fark fight
being held up as a trophy of Deinos's prowess... which is fairly
idiotic. You could've done worse, but you don't brag about it. You shrug
off the shots of ineptitude and you just go out and prove them wrong
unless you really do have some magnanimous accomplishment to unveil.

In all honesty Deinos fought harder against FARK than some of the alliances in your coalition fought in recent wars.  That they are enterring this war with the odds seeming as they as speaks volumns of their courage and character.  Try as you can to discredit them, but they enter this fight willingly. 

Has R&R ever joined such a side with the odds being as they are in this fight?

I'm not going to lie this was pretty amusing. I must ask however, what did you expect? I fought twelve separate Fark nations each with over two to three years worth more of military wonders and time to build warchests. My nation was little more than a year old, and when you're fighting people who have had nations since before Karma and didn't decide to stupidly re-roll (that's me by the way), you're obviously going to have a very steep, steep hill to climb. The Infra:tech ratio/blow whole warchest part isn't quite true though, I never bought higher than 1k infra and lost most of it during the wars so w/e.

I will say though, I did appreciate the casualties. That's probably why i kept rebuying infra, for nukes and casualties. If you combine my old nation with this one you'd get around 3mill so it's not like I was actually a total casualty virgin :<

Edit: pre-emptive "I'm not bragging, just defending"

This isn't exactly true either. We knew exactly what we were getting ourselves into despite any sort of bravado.

Edited by Melancholy Culkin

I really don't understand why you guys keep insisting on trying to argue with us about our war against Fark. We know how it went down and we really don't care about your perception of us or your twisted view of how it turned out. Deinos doesn't care, can we just go back to fighting this war now instead of arguing about the last one?

I wasnt unprepaired. I got a whole whopping 3 fark targets that honestly only one of them seemed to have any real fight.

all the rest of the farkers in my range seemed to be in PM.

I wasnt unprepaired. I got a whole whopping 3 fark targets that honestly only one of them seemed to have any real fight.

all the rest of the farkers in my range seemed to be in PM.

Farkers in peace mode? How long?  Was it for the duration of the war?  Tell me who they were.  I bet they were sober, disoriented and confused.  Better make a beer run early this war so we don’t run low.

I really don't understand why you guys keep insisting on trying to argue with us about our war against Fark. We know how it went down and we really don't care about your perception of us or your twisted view of how it turned out. Deinos doesn't care, can we just go back to fighting this war now instead of arguing about the last one?

If you don't care why are we at page 8?

More specifically, you personally were more bark than bite. You entered the war with less than 70m in warchest and found yourself completely reliant on Umbrella aid in two weeks. By the end of the third week, your aid slots were already used up with cash and you turtled. You retreated to the OWF and talked big here because you really couldn't say much on the battlefield.

Okay, now I'm confident you didn't pay attention the whole war. I turtles for about a week, simply because I was winning every GA thrown at me and had to replenish my warchest. I've done sub-nuke warfare most of my time in CN, and know how to fight with a low warchest. I was declaring wars the whole time, and I kept attacking the whole time. The aid Umb had sent I accepted more for the soldiers for a tactical advantage than the funds, but hey. Nice personal jab, not exactly founded.

I'm done arguing though. I think we've all pretty much said our peace at this point, me especially.

On a side note, for some reason I don't remember any of those nations I traded with in that spy message from last war, lol.

I really don't understand why you guys keep insisting on trying to argue with us about our war against Fark. We know how it went down and we really don't care about your perception of us or your twisted view of how it turned out. Deinos doesn't care, can we just go back to fighting this war now instead of arguing about the last

They have a problem. No seriously, they have a problem. The arguing of minute details, insignificant quotes, and minor offenses, all in an effort to seek attention, to gain favor, and to satisfy personal mental and emotional needs, will never cease. It does not matter what you say, what you do, what you THINK. You are on the OWF,  my friend. It is what it is.

I wish Pacifica and Deinos to celebrate the Lord's gift to humanity, Life, by nuking the tar out of each other on this glorious internet game that probably has negatively effected some of our social lives. o/ Have fun guys!

Hey R&R? If you're going to attack us, why not post a formal declaration instead of hiding behind a ghost declaration?

Why must it be declared? They stated their intentions pretty clearly by attacking. I know y'all love paperwork and all but it actually makes things more difficult. :v:

Hey R&R? If you're going to attack us, why not post a formal declaration instead of hiding behind a ghost declaration?

but it was announced, take every other line in the NPO sing-along, break it down to the first and second letter of each starting word, amplify it by the square root of pi and you get the announcement of NPO/R&R are hosting another recruitment competition of who can get the most dinosaurs into their pow camps to make a new Jurassic Park.

You're an idiot. There were few people who fought as much as JA so you wouldn't be thrown to the wolves in the first XX/SF war. What happened to you is the responsibility of alot of people but certainly not JA's.

Nah, the self proclaimed ball-less leader and your own DH buddies say otherwise.

You can cry me a river with your bleeding heart appeals, but we put up with that Umb b.s. for years. Frankly idgaf anymore.

Oh, you missed it? Okay, a recap just for you — 40-odd alliances announced they were joining the Equilibrium coalition and that they would fight alongside each other for the duration of the war. We got our paperwork out of the way and our intent was laid out for all to see.

If you thought you were just fighting the NPO or think this war will turn on the back of e-lawyering over which is a bigger farce, fighting as a coalition or bringing alliances into a conflict through multiple ghost declarations and non-chaining oA's as we've seen in the past... maybe it's not too late to reconsider and sit this one out?

If not, I look forward to blowing things up together. :v:

This just in from the front:

image.jpg

(Edit: durn gif got convertinated - imagine the big dog running away - I'll be back later with a new-fangled "moving picture" version)

tumblr_mgya9b0sqf1qdlh1io1_250.gif

Edited by Pingu

Oh, you missed it? Okay, a recap just for you 40-odd alliances announced they were joining the Equilibrium coalition and that they would fight alongside each other for the duration of the war. We got our paperwork out of the way and our intent was laid out for all to see.

If you thought you were just fighting the NPO or think this war will turn on the back of e-lawyering over which is a bigger farce, fighting as a coalition or bringing alliances into a conflict through multiple ghost declarations and non-chaining oA's as we've seen in the past... maybe it's not too late to reconsider and sit this one out?

Oh believe me, I didn't miss it. I just had some degree of respect for R&R prior to this and hoped they wouldn't do the same stupid one-size-fits-all policy throughout the whole war. I was expecting, no, hoping for counters. But not at the expense of common sense.

I guess I shouldn't be shocked.

Oh, you missed it? Okay, a recap just for you 40-odd alliances announced they were joining the Equilibrium coalition and that they would fight alongside each other for the duration of the war. We got our paperwork out of the way and our intent was laid out for all to see.

Your strategy is dumb, hth! Then again, the alliance terrible enough to be in two godawful blocs would probably see blanket declarations of little substance as an amazing breakthrough.

Oh believe me, I didn't miss it. I just had some degree of respect for R&R prior to this and hoped they wouldn't do the same stupid one-size-fits-all policy throughout the whole war. I was expecting, no, hoping for counters. But not at the expense of common sense.

I guess I shouldn't be shocked.

Because the world would be so much better with 237 DoWs being posted.  And no you should not be shocked unless you have not been following the war before before you meandered into it.  I do not know anything about Deinos other that people on boths sides of this war keep telling me you are terrible.  I have no idea how true that is but, you sure as hell are annoying.

Oh, you missed it? Okay, a recap just for you — 40-odd alliances announced they were joining the Equilibrium coalition and that they would fight alongside each other for the duration of the war. We got our paperwork out of the way and our intent was laid out for all to see.

mind growing some so i can declare on you?