A Clerical Notice from the Viridian Entente

Goldie

Not to mention, Pacifica is allied to Anarchy Inc last time I checked. So lawyering aside, I'm pretty sure we came to their mutual defense, even outside of the recent declaration on Umbrella.

King Will, then site the Defense clause of your treaty, or site coalition warfare, but trying to say VE declared war on NPO by declaring war on AI is fucking retarded.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's because your easily distracted by the shiney things others had you.

No, I'm failing to register how a mutual agreement between two parties has any bearing on tech raiding. Apparently, in your mind, there is some magical application that you find "new" and "novel" despite the fact that mutual agreements are not at all a new thing in this realm.

It's just the attack one, attack all is a bullshit policy. I don't really see the point in using it. I guess if you can convince some of the outside guys like you did LoSS then it matters but I don't really see the point. It's just a way to mask bandwagoning without a treaty imo. If that's your quality...fine. The more rubes you can convince of the bullshit the better for you I guess.

I'm tired of hearing about this bandwaggoning thing.  It's not bandwaggoning.  It's people fighting for what they believe in.  The treaties get in the way of that a lot.  I'm glad it's not this time, and I hope to see more wars like this in the future, where people declare just because they feel like they should.  It's actually a really good policy and I want to see it more in the future.

Then you're dumber than I thought. That post was pretty damn simple.

That implies you are qualified to evaluate someone's intelligence. As simple as the post was, it was, at best, a lame attempt to cause whatever type of reaction on any NG member reading this or, at worst, a senseless statement. It was really lame though, because it didn't extrapolate from facts, it just resulted from spinning posts that meant absolutely nothing to seemingly support the purpose of your post.

Maybe you have actually been inactive for that long. Or maybe you have always sucked. I am pretty sure though that doesn't make me dumb nor you intelligent. Quite the opposite.

Mael, no they did not declare war on you when they hit AI, they declared war on AI.  You can, of course, feel free to counter VE as needed by your coalition, but do not flat out lie and try to say VE did something they didn't.

It's a slight technical difference. They did not declare war on Pacifica, because such, by definition, requires a public statement of intent to be broadcast (a "declaration"). However, by the mutual agreement between AI and NPO, VE is indeed guilty of conducting war against Pacifica, by their actions, as a result of said mutual agreement.

I'm tired of hearing about this bandwaggoning thing.  It's not bandwaggoning.  It's people fighting for what they believe in.  The treaties get in the way of that a lot.  I'm glad it's not this time, and I hope to see more wars like this in the future, where people declare just because they feel like they should.  It's actually a really good policy and I want to see it more in the future.

It's bandwagoning. In the past you posted your treaty or your treaty ties to the specific conflict and ok that's fine. If you didn't or couldn't it was bandwagoning...always has been always has been despite how you wrap it up This shit is just sad and pathetic bandwagoning covered by stupid words. Like I said if that's the quality you guys breed over there fine. It's just quite sad to see some fine alliances take in by the bullshit. 

It is nice, as a courtesy, to announce DoW's. If this trend continues in future wars I imagine a few rogues are going to have a mighty fun time when they attack an alliance and assuming the war or two are the DoW, counter attack that alliance. Overall, it's in the best interests of the attacking party to post a DoW.

I'm sure you felt the same way when Doom House attacked NPO defenders willy-nilly in the DH-NPO War without posting DoWs, then used recognitions of hostility on the part of defenders to activate their own defensive treaties.

In other words: Blow it out your butt.

Edited by Schattenmann

It's a slight technical difference. They did not declare war on Pacifica, because such, by definition, requires a public statement of intent to be broadcast (a "declaration"). However, by the mutual agreement between AI and NPO, VE is indeed guilty of conducting war against Pacifica, by their actions, as a result of said mutual agreement.

get out and this time don't return, please. 

No, I'm failing to register how a mutual agreement between two parties has any bearing on tech raiding. Apparently, in your mind, there is some magical application that you find "new" and "novel" despite the fact that mutual agreements are not at all a new thing in this realm.

A couple post below yours derek sums it up nicely, when a document gets in the way of something you want you can just ignore it as you see fit. A charter is nothing more than a treaty amongst alliance members. I hope no one on your side ever agains bawls about a tech raiding alliance raiding outside of their treaty.

A couple post below yours derek sums it up nicely, when a document gets in the way of something you want you can just ignore it as you see fit. A charter is nothing more than a treaty amongst alliance members. I hope no one on your side ever agains bawls about a tech raiding alliance raiding outside of their treaty.

I think you might have me mistaken for someone who is opposed to tech raiding on moral grounds. You would be incorrect.

I'm sure you can just join DH if you ask nicely to sign the bloc treaty.

It's bandwagoning. In the past you posted your treaty or your treaty ties to the specific conflict and ok that's fine. If you didn't or couldn't it was bandwagoning...always has been always has been despite how you wrap it up This shit is just sad and pathetic bandwagoning covered by stupid words. Like I said if that's the quality you guys breed over there fine. It's just quite sad to see some fine alliances take in by the bullshit. 

No, it's never been that way, people just like to say it was to give them an argument because they didn't like it.  The term "bandwaggoning" is honestly only used when people get butthurt and have nothing better to use as an argument for why.

A couple post below yours derek sums it up nicely, when a document gets in the way of something you want you can just ignore it as you see fit.

That is not what I said at all.  I said you shouldn't let treaties dictate your actions in a war and if you have no obligations in a war, that shouldn't keep you from entering.  I never said you should blantenly ignore treaties to join the other side.

Edited by Nintenderek

I'm sure you can just join DH if you ask nicely to sign the bloc treaty.

I am rather happy to see DH taking their medicine, I am deeply saddened to see your coalition sink to depravity to accomplish it. Shame on you, Once upon a time the name Schattenmann stood for honor over results.

No, it's never been that way, people just like to say it was to give them an argument because they didn't like it.  The term "bandwaggoning" is honestly only used when people get butthurt and have nothing better to use as an argument for why.

That is not what I said at all.  I said you shouldn't let treaties dictate your actions in a war and if you have no obligations in a war, that shouldn't keep you from entering.  I never said you should blantenly ignore treaties to join the other side.

Do you read what you post?

You said "if you have no obligations in a war, that shouldn't keep you from entering" Isn't that the same as ignoring treaties?

That implies you are qualified to evaluate someone's intelligence. As simple as the post was, it was, at best, a lame attempt to cause whatever type of reaction on any NG member reading this or, at worst, a senseless statement. It was really lame though, because it didn't extrapolate from facts, it just resulted from spinning posts that meant absolutely nothing to seemingly support the purpose of your post.

Maybe you have actually been inactive for that long. Or maybe you have always sucked. I am pretty sure though that doesn't make me dumb nor you intelligent. Quite the opposite.

Again you prove you have no idea what I said. Instead you are content to close your ears and scream about how everyone else is dumb. We can go back and forth arguing over who has a greater intellectual capacity, but it still does not answer why you believe NG would betray us in the first place. Maybe since Umbrella is used to abandoning allies you assume NG would. Maybe it's wishful thinking. Maybe it's a veiled attempt at verbally attacking NG. Which is it? Edited by Omniscient1

Do you read what you post?

You said "if you have no obligations in a war, that shouldn't keep you from entering" Isn't that the same as ignoring treaties?

That is not ignoring treaties.  Ignoring treaties would be not entering a war when your ally has asked you to.  What I suggested is ignoring the fact that you don't have a treaty.  Two completely different things.

That is not ignoring treaties.  Ignoring treaties would be not entering a war when your ally has asked you to.  What I suggested is ignoring the fact that you don't have a treaty.  Two completely different things.

You in fact said this "I said you shouldn't let treaties dictate your actions in a war"

What kind of drink does it take to swallow that hypocrisy with out choking?

Edited by Merrie Melodies

I'm sure you felt the same way when Doom House attacked NPO defenders willy-nilly in the DH-NPO War without posting DoWs, then used recognitions of hostility on the part of defenders to activate their own defensive treaties.

In other words: Blow it out your butt.

It is fun to watch all the complaining by the people who either created or supported the the people who created the precedents that has lead Planet Bob to this place.  Over and over I have said those actions would be remembered and would come round to bite them in the collective ass.  Bob used to have a set of unwritted rules, even NPO had to follow them.  MK and company tossed them aside.  Maybe when this is all said and done those unwritten rules will return but, it is not likely.  Alliances must adapt or fall. 

You in fact said this "I said you shouldn't let treaties dictate your actions in a war"

What kind of drink does it take to swallow that hypocrisy with out choking?

I meant that you shouldn't let it be the only thing to dictate your actions in a war.  Following treaties is imortant.  Not entering a war just because you don't have a treaty, even though you believe in the cause behind the war, is blantently stupid.

It is fun to watch all the complaining by the people who either created or supported the the people who created the precedents that has lead Planet Bob to this place.  Over and over I have said those actions would be remembered and would come round to bite them in the collective ass.  Bob used to have a set of unwritted rules, even NPO had to follow them.  MK and company tossed them aside.  Maybe when this is all said and done those unwritten rules will return but, it is not likely.  Alliances must adapt or fall. 

TBB, I love ya man, but you guys invented and mastered the unwritten rules back in the day, they just weren't as moral as you would like to make out.

I am rather happy to see DH taking their medicine, I am deeply saddened to see your coalition sink to depravity to accomplish it. Shame on you, Once upon a time the name Schattenmann stood for honor over results.

Hahaha.  I am not now nor have I ever been in the honor business, justice is my forte.  Honor is a concept whose "practitioners" have so perverted it that its mention does nothing for me but raise red flags.

In the DH-NPO War, Justitia's Cult declared war on GOONS in defense of NPO.  MK nations countered us with no DoW.  When we defended against those attacks, ODN declared war on CoJ in defense of MK.

All across that war, Doom House and D&G replayed the same scenario over and over.  When we protested, they told us to grow up, "that's coalition warfare."  Inform me, Merrie Melodies, were you falling all over yourself to protest back then?  I'm not in the mood to do the research myself.

This coalition, on the other hand, has made the situation extremely clear from the very first shot:  We are a coalition acting in concert as one force, and an attack upon one alliance within the coalition places you in the line of fire of all of us.  It is stupid to think and it is silly of you to suggest that every time a DH ally hits one of us that 3 more of us post DoWs.  We are letting you all know when we join, after that the Wars Across the Globe screen is your friend.

Shame on me?  Pfft.  Your DH ass-sniffing contrarianism is the only shame around here.

Edited by Schattenmann