What is 2x2?

I have to admit, I woke up to see that y'all had declared on us right after I went to bed, and I got a bit excited. Was hoping for a better fight than we'd been getting from ODN, but I've been rather disappointed. Too many of you in hippy, not enough wars. C'mon guys, after mocking Sparta for having people in peace mode, don't just bloody sit there in it yourselves. Come on out and play. This is just weak. Come at us more bros.

I wanted more nations out of peace mode, but you see, 2 days ago this one guy in our alliance went inactive, and for the next 4 months, our military will be crippled because of that one man. Hey, this excuse worked for you guys 2 wars in a row, so you should at least appreciate it.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted more nations out of peace mode, but you see, 2 days ago this one guy in our alliance went inactive, and for the next 4 months, our military will be crippled because of that one man. Hey, this excuse worked for you guys 2 wars in a row, so you should at least appreciate it.

I can't speak for those two wars, as I wasn't present at the time due to some other considerations with life. I've heard plenty from both sides about Sparta's use of Peace Mode, and whatever our reasons for it, I'm not fond of it as a major strategy. Wars are meant to be fought and enjoyed, not hidden from. I certainly hope that TLR doesn't hide for long.

I can't speak for those two wars, as I wasn't present at the time due to some other considerations with life. I've heard plenty from both sides about Sparta's use of Peace Mode, and whatever our reasons for it, I'm not fond of it as a major strategy. Wars are meant to be fought and enjoyed, not hidden from. I certainly hope that TLR doesn't hide for long.

Bitch please, it's only hiding when you use it. :> 

Regardless, this will be fun haha

We do have a terrible track record on high milcom. I don't know if government pushes them too hard during war and they fizzle out or what. It frustrates me to no end.

I may just stay in peace mode for much longer just to spite you guys. This is from someone (me, that is) that has 5 million casualties - the quiet/unlikely warmonger from Athens (still the best Greece).

D= Don't deprive us of a fight! Also... I miss Athens. :( I loved the flag you guys had.

Dude, given the ODNers we've been fighting, it wouldn't have mattered if we left all our friends and half of Sparta at home. I'd still want a better fight. The issue is quality, not quantity. Unless, of course, your people are so scurred by our friends that they've forgotten how to fight properly.

This argument is thrown about in every war, by all sides. Hell, I might even laugh in private about poor performers, but I try not be so stupid as to present anecdotal evidence as fact, especially not in such a public forum. I think that for every story you hear about alliance X and the poor performance of an individual nation, you also hear surprise about the tenacity and resilience of others.

-Craig

We do have a terrible track record on high milcom. I don't know if government pushes them too hard during war and they fizzle out or what. It frustrates me to no end.

Yeah, the stress of keeping 90% of your alliance in PM from day 1 to wars end is too much a burden for any man to bear.

Yeah, the stress of keeping 90% of your alliance in PM from day 1 to wars end is too much a burden for any man to bear.

It would be for me. I'd probably throw myself out a window if I was told to keep that much of my alliance in peace mode. The embarrassment would be too much to take.

Edited by AirMe

lol what exactly is it that made us cowards? If cowards, we were, we woulda followed our NPO treaty to safety. What a stupid thing to suggest.

TLR is the only CnG alliance that I can believe that would not change sides even if doing it wouldn't bring tons of bad PR. I'm sure GATO, INT and ODN would have chose to switch sides in a blink of an eye if allowed. 

I wonder if we will see an announcement from TTK, Polar, Avalanche, Legion and RIA retracting their attacks and punishing the rogues that have attacked us......

You don't need to wonder, you'll see none. Unlike majority of alliances around here, those alliances have balls. 

Edited by D34th

No regrets. The only thing I regret is not exiting peace mode and going straight for leet and ardus. *shakes fist at IRON* Edited by Enamel32

I'm sure GATO, INT and ODN would have chose to switch sides in a blink of an eye if allowed. 

Right on time, D34th shows up to be wrong. So: wrong on time, I guess. And he's even sure about it. Bonus wrongness.

If that was some feeble attempt to insert a small wedge between TLR and the rest of C&G, I fear you must be forgetting that you are dealing with the most unified bloc(TM). We would all be delighted to be annihilated in one another's company, although it doesn't seem like that is a likely outcome of the present rumble.

So bandwagoning 22 alliances on 2 counts as having balls? What a brave new world...

None of the alliances listed did that. In fact, as I'm sure you're aware by now, those alliances are taking a whole bunch of crap for going against what Equilibrium wanted and attacking TLR. 

So bandwagoning 22 alliances on 2 counts as having balls? What a brave new world...

No, but attack TLR and activate NG treaty counts.

Right on time, D34th shows up to be wrong. So: wrong on time, I guess. And he's even sure about it. Bonus wrongness.

If that was some feeble attempt to insert a small wedge between TLR and the rest of C&G, I fear you must be forgetting that you are dealing with the most unified bloc(TM). We would all be delighted to be annihilated in one another's company, although it doesn't seem like that is a likely outcome of the present rumble.

What a shock! I was expecting that you said that I was right!  :rolleyes:

That was an attempt for nothing, what I said is based in the inner talks of CnG and how they are unhappy with DH and wants to cancel the treaties with them now they might lose. 

Edited by D34th