The Network Hungers

OsRavan

TIL that NATO's military strategy involves literally running into walls.

let me correct that statement for you: TIL that NATO's military strategy involves literally running into walls and breaking them down in the process. Has worked perfectly, go ask some of our previous war opponents, especially MK.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let me correct that statement for you: TIL that NATO's military strategy involves literally running into walls and breaking them down in the process. Has worked perfectly, go ask some of our previous war opponents, especially MK.

This kind of rhetoric from both of our lower tiers does neither alliance any favours, tbh ;)

I don't get the posturing from ODN man, I really don't

Exactly... my 106K target with it's might $92 million dollar warchest has me quaking in my boots here.  Before that, a guy with a total of 65 soldiers killed aggressively.  The guy sat there taking shots to the chin over and over again for 7 days.

and that's a sign that he's not turtling? because all im getting is CMs...really CMs? cant even send some planes or some ground attacks, looks like turtling to me. He's "rocking a communist government" he's also rocking a defcon thats not one, threat thats not severe, less than 10 mil in warchest, 11 fighter planes. Oh yeah big time fight.

last I checked he was only fighting two more beside me, besides, I'm waiting for you guys to declare on me! two offensive declarations against you guys, one agaisnt INT, decimated the previous two, but apparently thats not enough to get people to come dance with me...what has the world come to.

this round just started, go ask my last two targets where they ended up by the time I was done with them.

I was reading your post and assumed that you were some el gigante to go along with your chat. 

Are you the dude with 6,444 NS?

Calling out or berating an opponent publicly is normally below the NATO standard. So I hope that it stops from this point on. So far I have fought Umbrella, INT, and ODN nations, and all seem to be capable of warring or making the decisions to not war if it isn't beneficial to them at that point. Many are enjoying it and having fun with a chat tossed in here or there.

There will always be points on BOTH sides where odds and risk alter the way you fight OR your capability to fight. finger wagging and quarterbacking from the other side never enhanced the outcome of war in the past, I doubt it will in this one. Enjoy the war ODN, INT and Umbrella, and lets get up, dust off and shake hands when/if it ever ends.

move on and war everyone!

Edited by Lenny N Karl

Lenny speaks well.

For those who have difficulty with my post above, my point was that if your method of attempting to take down an alliance involves showing up with a very large coalition, them it really doesn't make sense to complain if that alliance is not declaring enough offensive wars for your liking.

That wasn't my experience with my NATO opponent. I fought a NATO nation and three NPL at one point. NPL fought me hard and well, and were well coordinated. My NATO opponent kind of sat there.

We in NPL have a standard of having fun in a war (as long as our opponents are not just terrible people)*. Please let me know if any NPL members go from witty banter to asinine. I will take care of it.

*ODN =/= terrible.

(Modifcation - I hate that this forum doesn't allow my to put spaces between paragraphs.)

Edited by smurthwaite

We in NPL have a standard of having fun in a war (as long as our opponents are not just terrible people)*. Please let me know if any NPL members go from witty banter to asinine. I will take care of it.

*ODN =/= terrible.

(Modifcation - I hate that this forum doesn't allow my to put spaces between paragraphs.)

I thoroughly enjoyed my war with you :P

That wasn't my experience with my NATO opponent. I fought a NATO nation and three NPL at one point. NPL fought me hard and well, and were well coordinated. My NATO opponent kind of sat there.

Some of my ODN opponents did nothing, but I am not going to make sweeping generalizations based on limited encounters.

Also turtling obviously makes reference to a "defensive" mentality, which I believe can occur with or without soldiers. If you spend the whole war rebuking soldiers and never launching a GA, you turtled :P

pet peeve: people who use the word "literally" when it's not actually literal. you didn't literally run into any walls. it devalues the word and means that when you really do literally do something you have no term for it. le rage.

pet peeve: people who use the word "literally" when it's not actually literal. you didn't literally run into any walls. it devalues the word and means that when you really do literally do something you have no term for it. le rage.

In fairness, its all your fault. :P

Some of my ODN opponents did nothing, but I am not going to make sweeping generalizations based on limited encounters.

Also turtling obviously makes reference to a "defensive" mentality, which I believe can occur with or without soldiers. If you spend the whole war rebuking soldiers and never launching a GA, you turtled :P

Things were going well for me until all the nuking happened :p

Our shells are impenetrable. None shall pass.

So the word is lapdog? Read it again, actually that was not a shot that I wanted to take. When I mentioned MK I actually said that that was not the point.

Optional because what you guys do is to pick what treaty to honour based on convenience.

Regarding NATO, yes you are right. I dont have any issue (even if I had who cares).

So jumping in on the side of the clear underdogs is your idea of convenient?

Seriously ODN, the first thing I say is the first thing you do, turtle. I'm not getting my OJ if you're just sending CMs, thats boring. Am I going to have to look for entertainment somewhere in the Deinos sphere or something?

Wall - 1 

Perceus - 0 

20s7rkw.png

It's funny you did that Shinra.  I started doing some fact checking myself and was about to respond to this:

Exactly... my 106K target with it's might $92 million dollar warchest has me quaking in my boots here.  Before that, a guy with a total of 65 soldiers killed aggressively.  The guy sat there taking shots to the chin over and over again for 7 days.

Dear Jekalle,

Please let me know if your current sparring partner is not sufficient.  I will plead with my war lords to allow me to sell down to your level so perhaps we can meet in combat.  I am aware that they have other plans for me but since I'm deleting after the war anyway, perhaps this is my moment to buck the establishment? 

PM is boring and I want to dance.

Your Friend,

Yates

That would be funny, if it wasn't a nuclear capable nation which is at war with him (being non nuclear, hell having no wonders unlike Walling) and getting nuked twice... Really is sad posting stuff like that thinking its good.

That's a fair point.  This is a better example of Dorado with a more evenly matched opponent:

http://www.cybernations.net/war_information.asp?ID=713546

Granted Dorado started with significantly more infra but still.  This is closer to a 50:50 fight.

Things were going well for me until all the nuking happened :p

I wasn't referring to you, you fought smart :D

One of your guys I fought had 1.2B and more infra/tech than me and didn't even launch CM's...

But like I said, there is good and bad on all sides, chaos is putting up a fight this round :P. his SDI is just as lucky as yours 6/8 blocked