Some notice before maintenance?

Just a suggestion for next time...maybe give us a heads up that TE will be down for a while and if you can't do that, at least give us an eta on when TE will be back...

Really frustrating that i've heard nothing since it went down.

But thanks for everything so far admin, you've been great.

o/ Admin
o/ TE's return

Edited by Swatch0

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Samwise' timestamp='1357104345' post='3070372']
It's kind of like Y2K when all the computers were going to go nuts at year 2,000, but CN style and 13 years too late. :P

(Holy crap. It's been 13 years since y2k. O_O)
[/quote]
That's why your in Green OLD Party :P

[quote name='Samwise' timestamp='1357106072' post='3070382']
My eyesight's gotten so bad I didn't see this coming!

...me being old I mean. >_<

Think I'll buy a motorcycle.
[/quote]
Don't forget a helmet

Agree with the sentiment of the OP. It would have been nice to have been given a heads up, polite even!

I find it extremely doubtful that maintenance was scheduled for New Year. More likely a forgotten reset / scheduled server reboot, Admin forgot and more than likely won't notice till he's back from his Christmas and New Year hols. Cynical maybe, but I think the disinterest and lack of some form of acknowledgement speaks volumes about the future of this game. Shame really.

Hope all concerned have had good holidays and I still appreciate the effort that's put in. Look forward to continuing to play if anyone can be bothered too, or is sober enough to press the appropriate buttons.

Hopefully, all will be resolved soon.

[quote name='Kingneptune' timestamp='1357128757' post='3070415']
I think the disinterest and lack of some form of acknowledgement speaks volumes about the future of this game. Shame really.
[/quote]

I agree. It's a real shame that the game has really died down as much as it has.

[quote name='Komplex' timestamp='1357142403' post='3070446']
Very true.. They should give awards like automatac 500tech to your SE nation if u play TE the whole round. They will get many SE players to play.
[/quote]
We'd just end up with boatloads of 3-NS nations. There needs to be an easily achieved goal, such as being in the top 100 or top 25%, that requires people to actually [i]play[/i] for the whole round.

[quote name='Chess Tyrant' timestamp='1357143145' post='3070448']

We'd just end up with boatloads of 3-NS nations. There needs to be an easily achieved goal, such as being in the top 100 or top 25%, that requires people to actually [i]play[/i] for the whole round.
[/quote]

Yea everybody on the top 100 with get the 500 tech. Top ten could get 750 tech and number one will get 1000 tech.

[quote name='Komplex' timestamp='1357152065' post='3070475']
Yea everybody on the top 100 with get the 500 tech. Top ten could get 750 tech and number one will get 1000 tech.
[/quote]

top nation already gets 250 tech (and 2500 infra and 2500 land and 2.5m)

Edited by Therm

I hope this wouldnt happen Swatch . It's just the idea that TE has ONLY 600 nations , and the server cant hold them all , how could this be possible ?
Also , Admin ,please consider recruiting new nations from SE to join TE , through giving some prizes .

[quote name='Clash' timestamp='1357162436' post='3070542']
Sometimes stuff breaks, it happens.
Anyone who has ever had their own website knows this.

Yeah, I know it sucks, but relax people. Sniveling at Admin dosn't help TE at all.
It probably hurts.
[/quote]So much this...

Let admin work on getting it back up

Nobody is complaining my friend . We are discussing how we could improve this game .
And all the games are free . though you can donate here too .

[quote name='Clash' timestamp='1357162436' post='3070542']
Sometimes stuff breaks, it happens.
Anyone who has ever had their own website knows this.

Yeah, I know it sucks, but relax people. Sniveling at Admin dosn't help TE at all.
It probably hurts.
[/quote]

Agreed!

Maybe Admin is implementing some past suggestions.

I also agree that this could be the end of TE. I don't recall a mid-round take down, ever.

And while I am in an agreeing mode, I agree that there are ways that Admin could improve and generate more interest in TE by implementing some past suggestions.

It's his call and let's all hope he makes a favorable decision.