A Change Is Gonna Come

[center][img]http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x204/Sigma_012/PolarisBird.png[/img]

[size=5][b]Imperial Announcement[/b][/size][/center]

It has been my pleasure to serve as Emperor of the New Polar Order for over two years now. The longest anyone has served in that position. It's been an interesting few years, to say the least. I've met some amazing people, and much to the frustration of many, seen Polaris grow in size and prominence while surviving multiple wars designed to try and off us. (When will you people learn?) Not bad considering I expected to have one of the shortest reigns. Change is good though, and I think it's time I re-enter the old folks retirement home. I have just announced to the Body Republic of the New Polar Order my resignation as Emperor. The last act of any Emperor is to appoint his replacement, and as such I have appointed Dajobo to be the next Emperor of Polaris. He has already been acting as my "public face" and chief diplomat, so for most of you there will be little change. I have full confidence that Dajobo will continue to build Polaris in the right direction.

[i]To my allies and friends[/i], thank you for your help and support these past years. It's a bit of a cliche, but I really couldn't have done it without you. I'd especially like to thank those who have stood with us in times of war, as you've made our hardest days much more tolerable.

[i]To anyone who tried to kill us while I was Emperor[/i], thanks for making it fun and challenging. I don't get why you kept doing that, but wars are better than just collecting taxes.

No announcement from me is official without a song, so here you go: [url="http://youtu.be/yyhL0ioST_U"]http://youtu.be/yyhL0ioST_U[/url]

Hail Polaris!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankyou Random

I don't have a lot to say here right now but to our allies and friends, be assured very little will change. I think I have signed every treaty we have, and that's because I wanted them!

For those not aligned to us I do wish to state I hold no grudges and look forward to talking with you in the future.

o/ Polaris

Separate post for Dajobo.

It is your time now man. We have been cool a long time and I cannot imagine being happier about something happening on Bob. Drinks on me my friend.

EDIT: verb tense fix ftw

Edited by Rampage3