[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1353214248' post='3054022']
Marx isn't co-pilot? This is unacceptable. Try again.
[/quote]

He specifically said "go f@)$ yourself" when we asked him. So it fell to me To me.

Also we have a few internal policies about tech raiding we have been discussing. And while we are no longer required by our new charter to back a raider with the full alliance, we leave it up to our members to support each other as needed. We will always support our members raiding. But they now raid at their own risk.

This does not mean that an uninvolved GOONS nation is fair game as retaliation. We just will not send alliance pressure on people who counter people raiding or fight back against raiders.

Hope that helps.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1353222566' post='3054069']
Sounds contradictory.
[/quote]

I believe it means they support their members right to raid and they will not infringe upon that right, however they will not support them economically or militarily.

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1353235887' post='3054113']
It's a ploy to raid D34th's mind.
[/quote]

This sounds most plausible haha

Otherwise, all they've written is cryptic-like workarounds saying they 'can' continue to do what they're doing now unfettered, but to appease the elawyers are adding [i]softer[/i] and [i]optional sounding words[/i] to the text body.

D34th could counter that the old policy was becoming increasingly difficult to enforce anyway due to the changed political dynamics, and ditching it allows GOONS to minimise the risk of being involved in unwanted conflicts :P

Edited by Sir Humphrey

[quote name='Duke Nukem' timestamp='1353222906' post='3054071']

I believe it means they support their members right to raid and they will not infringe upon that right, however they will not support them economically or militarily.
[/quote]

We will not, as an alliance policy, economically or, militarily aid raiders. That doesn't mean as individuals we won't help each other. I jump on failed raids all the time to help.

Well sard here's to no longer spending countless times trying to find eachother and resolving stuff lol

Should be interesting how this plays out in time to come though

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1353166191' post='3053710']

[b]Pilot[/b]: Sardonic
[/quote]
I hear good things about this person, so .. .congratulations GOONS.

[b]Secretariat[/b]: Emperor Marx
[/quote]
Now this one, I believe is a former \m/ember, so again, Congrats GOONS.

• 3 weeks later...

[center]Spying is absolutely forbidden in GOONS. Any nation found to be transmitting internal, secure GOONS-related information to any outside influence will be removed from GOONS immediately and placed on the EoG list.[/center]
[/quote]
So they can still spy on nations outside of GOONS without being put on EoG or is it not so forbidden after all?

Regardless without SirWilliam I can only see it going further down hill for you guys, although as long as you remain a useful tech farm you'll at least have some place in the world for as long as they hold power. Almost every nation these days will gladly pay $3m for 50t, but its alliances like GOONS who purposely keep their nations from advancing at any kind of meaningful pace by taking advantage of deals which would more than double their growth to keep their masters satisfied.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1354833595' post='3061205']
He forgot the part where you tried to !@#$ can \m/ on the way out.
[/quote]

The funny part was I wasn't the one pulling the strings on that. And killing \m/ at that point was performing a service for the community. You all should be grateful.

Edited by Emperor Marx