[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1353190400' post='3053845']
You were talking about Merrie's former alliance and comparing it to GOONS. Which is what my comment was directed at.
[/quote]

I used \m/ as example, but when I said "Your ex-alliance" I was talking with SirWilliam and mentioning his former alliance.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='PARTYANIMAL123' timestamp='1353192559' post='3053863']
Mine is protected however the following alliances are not:
Fire alliance
Atarashi Green Kanto Alliance

Flay them without mercy if you wish to raid
[/quote]

Smells like a DEA sting operation GOONs... DONT DO IT! :awesome:

[quote name='PARTYANIMAL123' timestamp='1353192797' post='3053866']
DEA sting?
[/quote]

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a1/DEA-Agents.jpeg/220px-DEA-Agents.jpeg[/img]

[i]What are you talking about we are just friendly air conditioning repair men here to fix up the cooling problem on the first floor... just go about your regular everyday activities[/i]

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1353173987' post='3053753']
Let's see if you'll follow your Constitution.
[/quote]
Let's talk about this for a second.

All this clause states is that the member nation should have no expectation of official GOONS support if they find themselves in a situation that is over their head. What's not to understand?

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1353197175' post='3053900']
Let's talk about this for a second.

All this clause states is that the member nation should have no expectation of official GOONS support if they find themselves in a situation that is over their head. What's not to understand?
[/quote]

Who said that I didn't understood? What I said is that I'm skeptic that your alliance will follow what this clause says.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1353197958' post='3053907']
Who said that I didn't understood? What I said is that I'm skeptic that your alliance will follow what this clause says.
[/quote]
You're showing that you don't understand what the clause means since the clause is beholden on the member nation of GOONS, not the alliance.

If GOONS wants to help out that nation, it is well within its rights to do so. If GOONS chooses not to, it is also well with in its rights to stand by and watch.

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1353198531' post='3053914']
You're showing that you don't understand what the clause means since the clause is beholden on the member nation of GOONS, not the alliance.

If GOONS wants to help out that nation, it is well within its rights to do so. If GOONS chooses not to, it is also well with in its rights to stand by and watch.
[/quote]

So nothing changed since GOONS always had this options...

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1353199196' post='3053932']
So nothing changed since GOONS always had this options...
[/quote]

Previous policy: If a raid backfires the member can expect back-up.

Present policy: If a raid backfires the member shouldn't expect back-up (reading.between the lines a bit here, based on the circumstances it's conceivable it *could* happen, it just wouldn't be the norm).

Does that better illustrate the change?

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1353200140' post='3053941']

Previous policy: If a raid backfires the member can expect back-up.

Present policy: If a raid backfires the member shouldn't expect back-up (reading.between the lines a bit here, based on the circumstances it's conceivable it *could* happen, it just wouldn't be the norm).

Does that better illustrate the change?
[/quote]
It would be nice if GOONS .gov clarified, but weren't they required to assist with the old charter while now they can look at it on a case by case basis?
If that's the case its a huge difference that can avoid situations like they had in the recent past.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1353202237' post='3053958']
It would be nice if GOONS .gov clarified, but weren't they required to assist with the old charter while now they can look at it on a case by case basis?
[/quote]

That's my understanding.

What if I raid GOONS, will you guys provide me backup? No...no...no, wait! Here me out. I'll probably be attacking Reythegreat.

Edit: <&Omniscientone> Rager, did you quit CN?
<&Omniscientone> This is news to me if you did. :o
<~Rager> This was months ago

Whelp nvm......

Congrats GOONS.

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote][b][size=3]Tech Raiding[/size][/b]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]In times of peace, GOONS recognize the sovereignty and security of other alliances. An "alliance" is defined as a group of 15 or more nations. Smaller groups are recognized by the presence of diplomatic ties. Exceptions may be made both for smaller groups we wish to recognize and larger groups we do not, should the government so decide.[/font][/color][/quote]
This is the only I looked for in your charter but I am sure the rest of it is dandy. Could you make an exception for the charlie sheen guy :P