Hearts Of Iron Are Broken, II Of Them

MCRABT

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I'm the only one that's happy to see people finally coming to grips with the fact that we can't all be allied to everyone.
So: Congratulations, IRON; congratulations, TOP; congratulations Duckroll; congratulations, Doom House. There's nothing in the world sad about treaties getting cancelled, cancel more.

Figure out your poop, PF, otherwise your fate is getting decided for you in the next couple weeks.

[s]I'm extremely sad and...[/s]

Not really, in fact I'm pretty happy in see people slowly realizing that is not a friendship simulator, also things are starting too look really bad to DH and Co so win/win situation. Now I'm looking forward to see what CnG and NG will do next.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1352945439' post='3052528']
I guess I'm the only one that's happy to see people finally coming to grips with the fact that we can't all be allied to everyone.
So: Congratulations, IRON; congratulations, TOP; congratulations Duckroll; congratulations, Doom House. There's nothing in the world sad about treaties getting cancelled, cancel more.

Figure out your poop, PF, otherwise your fate is getting decided for you in the next couple weeks.
[/quote]

It is sad considering this treaty has existed since July 2007.

I could never understand how or why this treaty still existed when TOP had clearly indicated that they were going to stick with DH. Still, knowing how much people in IRON loved TOP, this must not have been an easy decision..

Mad Props to IRON council for making the difficult but right decision.

TOP, best of luck moving forward, although, I am left wondering if the decisions that you have made recently were worth loosing your oldest ally.

[quote name='d3mon' timestamp='1352946697' post='3052540']
I could never understand how or why this treaty still existed when TOP had clearly indicated that they were going to stick with DH. Still, knowing how much people in IRON loved TOP, this must not have been an easy decision..

Mad Props to IRON council for making the difficult but right decision.

TOP, best of luck moving forward, although, I am left wondering if the decisions that you have made recently were worth loosing your oldest ally.
[/quote]

Please don't try to place the blame on one party.

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' timestamp='1352946870' post='3052542']
Please don't try to place the blame on one party.
[/quote]
I don't claim to be a neutral observer but when was the last time TOP made a decision with best interests of IRON at heart?

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1352948441' post='3052563']
Seemed to be what the tea leaves were showing but didn't really expect it to actually happen. Good luck to both of you.
[/quote]

same. my money was it would be cancelled after the next war when tensions would be at the highest

Before I address the below posts: This treaty cancellation is pretty much the !@#$%^ possible cancellation. !@#$@#$ damn hell crap. Guess that's the way it goes...

(Fun Fact: Thanks to the new Argent/AI treaty, TOP and AI are now connected through an alliance, just one that isn't IRON. Who saw [i]that[/i] coming?)

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1352945439' post='3052528']

[/quote]

As one of the people who's been figuring out PF's poop, there's no congratulation to go around. Ultimately, certain parties and certain other parties were unable to coexist despite the best efforts of everyone close to them. (There isn't actually anyone in particular I'm naming here. It's more of an overall undercurrent thing.) I know I'll be a fan of both TOP and IRON regardless of what happens next, and I hope the rest of their allies and friends feel the same.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1352946866' post='3052541']
And now it is in the Museum of Foreign Policy where it should have been ensconced over a year ago. Oh, happy day!
[/quote]

Over a year? Things were very well aligned until recently. The Grudge War had TOP and IRON working better together than at any time since BiPolar. The Dave War wasn't quite as smooth but still worked out well enough, especially considering the brief IRON/Umbrella relationship that developed around that period.

Edited by Max Power