Official Announcement from United Equestria

Magicman657

[quote name='Gingervites' timestamp='1353114798' post='3053503']You're right, I am sorry for not posting a thread for you guys to see. I was very busy and when I wrote a long pm to Magicman about my resignation I thought I had already done so for you guys. Oh well the past is the past.

But, abandoning? It was me who even kept UE afloat during my time as Princess Regnant. ... [/quote]
That's understandable. You did a fantastic job in leading an ailing alliance, which is why - when I was trying to put the pieces together and figure out what Hero was talking about during his coup, I was so surprised to find that you were no longer still in the alliance, much less leading it.

[quote name='Gingervites' timestamp='1353114798' post='3053503']But instead I tried to lead UE with no active government and a horribly inactive/dysfunctional alliance filled with people who really don't want to do much of anything but just skate by.[/quote]
This is why I got out of government as well - with a brief resignation post and advanced notice, I might add.

[quote name='Gingervites' timestamp='1353114798' post='3053503']The fact that it took you nearly 3 weeks to figure out I was gone shows how inept you guys can be at times.[/quote]
You say this as if it's still my job to daily check the status of every member nation. For those who are only active on the forums, or worse - only active in-game, there was no reason to suspect that our leader had left and thus no reason to check. [i]However[/i], I see the fact that Magicman didn't alert us on the forums to be a major problem, as previously stated.

[quote name='Gingervites' timestamp='1353114798' post='3053503']These latest owf and behind the scene blunders only prove that last point. Have fun being in an alliance that should have been dead with an inactive leader that no one wants. Jeez I need to stop spending so much time with HoT I am starting to sound like him.[/quote]
Thanks for clearing things up at least and for being [i]de facto[/i] leader of UE for so long. Best of luck to you in Sengoku.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If nothing is said you can't expect people to base their opinions on something they do not know. While you did explain things Ginger in this post:
[quote name='Gingervites' timestamp='1353114798' post='3053503']
[b]You're right, I am sorry for not posting a thread for you guys to see. I was very busy and when I wrote a long pm to Magicman about my resignation I thought I had already done so for you guys. Oh well the past is the past.[/b]

But, abandoning? It was me who even kept UE afloat during my time as Princess Regnant. With all the events that have happened it makes me think that maybe I shouldn't have "kicked" Herooftime out of UE but instead have gone with the plan to double resign with Magicman(hell he even posted his in 'Transparency'-nice title HoT). But I was persuaded otherwise and HoT left, leaving our two treaties in tact. Looking back that would have been a quicker death and with less BS surrounding it. [b]But instead I tried to lead UE with no active government and a horribly inactive/dysfunctional alliance filled with people who really don't want to do much of anything but just skate by. The fact that it took you nearly 3 weeks to figure out I was gone shows how inept you guys can be at times.[/b]

[b]These latest owf and behind the scene blunders only prove that last point. Have fun being in an alliance that should have been dead with an inactive leader that no one wants. Jeez I need to stop spending so much time with HoT I am starting to sound like him.[/b]

[b]Oh also, there was an original plan to have me become Princess Consort, Benzene most likely Regnant and HoT back in then shortly afterwords attack EvU. [/b]Fortunately/unfortunately (depending on viewpoint) I am too nice and too big of a doormat to do something like that so when HoT pressured me to do it I went to Magicman about it while trying to be a median in between them. That lead to a "lovely" word battle and power struggle(on HoT's part) in which he ultimately lost because I sided with Magicman. That only prolonged it because obviously here was that attempted coup he and Benzene wanted to do. [b]Good ol' dysfunctional UE, how Classless of me.[/b]
[/quote]

I understand the frustration but keep attacks to character to a minimal. Thank you for trying to mend the rift between Magic and HoT and thank you for trying to get things together. Gaku pretty much summed up my other opinions on the matter. Celestia speed! Keep calm and canter on! ;)

[quote name='LordSlade' timestamp='1352904788' post='3052288']
Wow I remember all those years ago when Magicman and HoT were BFF's. So much for that.
[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing. I remember when you two were in LoSS you guys were attached at the hip.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1353012352' post='3052953']
...Also, again we have been given zero proof as to any wrongdoing towards UE from EvU. Had we been given that our stance may have changed depending on the severity of any transgression and the discussions about how best to make it right for UE. However, no one from GATO was given an opportunity to discuss any wrongdoings or resolve the matter diplomatically, which is usually our preference....
[/quote]
Just want to touch on this for a bit while I'm still stuck here.

At the time, I was Chancellor of UE. Basically 3rd in command, and effectively helping to lead the alliance while Magicman did... whatever he does.

Anyway, EvU's birth involved several violations against UE, including government-level spying, membership poaching, and theft of intellectual content.

I went to our longtime ally in TPF to report the issues.

TPF decided that their relationship with GATO was more important than us, and instructed us to ignore the issues we had.*

I refused this command, and after an ugly and bitter fight, TPF eventually handed us an ultimatum, essentially, that either I step down from all governmental positions, hand over the UE forums (OOC: my property), and drop the issues we had with EvU, or TPF would cancel on us.

At this point, I instructed Gingervites (Princess Consort, second in command) to kick me out of the alliance, because I could not morally back down from my stance. In hindsight, this was an error born of my persistent loyalty to TPF even as they plunged knives in my back. The treaty should have been cancelled on account of TPF meddling in our sovereignty.

[size=2]*This is a major tl;dr of a very complicated issue that I don't feel like rehashing. This is what it boiled down to.[/size]

Edited by HeroofTime55

[quote name='HailSatan' timestamp='1353595747' post='3056213']
Obviously those knives didn't go deep enough because the drama pony is still around. ::YAWN:: get over yourself already.
[/quote]I've never been one to go down without a fight. If you can't figure that out after 5 years, I don't know what to tell you.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1353595945' post='3056214']
I've never been one to go down without a fight. If you can't figure that out after 5 years, I don't know what to tell you.
[/quote]
You have to realize as well by now when your oldest allies and friends are fed up with you.

everyone is against you and everyone hates you, blah blah blah. I don't know what to give you a box tissues or a gun.

[quote name='HailSatan' timestamp='1353597615' post='3056221']
You have to realize as well by now when your oldest allies and friends are fed up with you.

everyone is against you and everyone hates you, blah blah blah. I don't know what to give you a box tissues or a gun.
[/quote]

This guy, I like this guy. Tellin' it true like it is. Keep up the good work.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1353595506' post='3056212']
Just want to touch on this for a bit while I'm still stuck here.

At the time, I was Chancellor of UE. Basically 3rd in command, and effectively helping to lead the alliance while Magicman did... whatever he does.

Anyway, EvU's birth involved several violations against UE, including government-level spying, membership poaching, and theft of intellectual content.

I went to our longtime ally in TPF to report the issues.

TPF decided that their relationship with GATO was more important than us, and instructed us to ignore the issues we had.*

I refused this command, and after an ugly and bitter fight, TPF eventually handed us an ultimatum, essentially, that either I step down from all governmental positions, hand over the UE forums (OOC: my property), and drop the issues we had with EvU, or TPF would cancel on us.

At this point, I instructed Gingervites (Princess Consort, second in command) to kick me out of the alliance, because I could not morally back down from my stance. In hindsight, this was an error born of my persistent loyalty to TPF even as they plunged knives in my back. The treaty should have been cancelled on account of TPF meddling in our sovereignty.

[size=2]*This is a major tl;dr of a very complicated issue that I don't feel like rehashing. This is what it boiled down to.[/size]
[/quote]

Again...WE have been given no proof that I am aware of.

[quote name='Crownguard' timestamp='1353736644' post='3056738']
What "intellectual content" did they exactly steal, pray tell?
[/quote]That I know of? A lot of graphics and stuff that I spent a long time working on for UE.

The bigger items are the spying and the poaching. Things that will continue to be ignored as they have been for the last few months.

Not that it matters. Nobody is ever going to do anything to resolve things. I just need to learn how to move on for once in my life, something I am notoriously bad at.