Official Announcement from United Equestria

Magicman657

GATO and UE were never allies that I remember but the subject was brought up by Lanore....we did have good enough relations that they extended buying rights to us for tech deals. They had restricted that list. I don't know if that is still the case or what our current status in that regard is anymore. TPF, who has been their protector and closest ally since the beginning, is a close ally of ours. So we are also connected through those ties. In essence if UE was attacked for shady reasons and TPF defended them we would be onboard in helping in that campaign.

As for member loss.....It would definitely be a blow but as is most often stated in these situations if the original alliance was so great the members who left would have stayed to begin with. If there is evidence of active poaching of members then that is a different scenario. As stated no evidence has been presented to us. So, we have to assume that members who left, left because they wanted to and EvU is not at fault for that.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1353013465' post='3052966']
GATO and UE were never allies that I remember but the subject was brought up by Lanore....we did have good enough relations that they extended buying rights to us for tech deals. They had restricted that list. I don't know if that is still the case or what our current status in that regard is anymore. TPF, who has been their protector and closest ally since the beginning, is a close ally of ours. So we are also connected through those ties. In essence if UE was attacked for shady reasons and TPF defended them we would be onboard in helping in that campaign.

As for member loss.....It would definitely be a blow but as is most often stated in these situations if the original alliance was so great the members who left would have stayed to begin with. If there is evidence of active poaching of members then that is a different scenario. As stated no evidence has been presented to us. So, we have to assume that members who left, left because they wanted to and EvU is not at fault for that.
[/quote]
Even if it's not active "poaching" I'd say it still counts as betraying the alliance/conspiring against the interests of the alliance (by giving no notice of leaving, abandoning the alliance in a state of disarray, and making an alliance with basically the same theme so that active members will likely rejoin anyway), and it's overall just a dick move.

Edited by Everfree Republic

I can see that being the case but if you are not happy in your current alliance but like the community and it's theme I don't see any reason not to move on and do what you like as long as you aren't actively trying to harm anyone else. UE still, exists for those who want UE and EvU is there for people who want to be in EvU....you would think that common interests and friends would have lead them to being good allies instead of it having come to this. Instead HoT decided to have some sour grapes and flew off the deep end.

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1353008628' post='3052924']
I'm not buying this. I can't speak for TPF, but I seriously doubt they would let an MDP level ally get rolled because one of their members is pissed at who is actually in charge and starts causing problems for his alliance. So the only alliances who would roll all of UE the moment HoT launched his little crusade would be ones who seriously want to trigger a massive war over what is honestly a pretty silly affair. Doubly silly since GATO is also an MDP ally of TPF. Which is why I find the chest thumping a little schizophrenic.
[/quote]
I will not elaborate, but rest assured that TPF would be well, well justified in any action they chose to take under those circumstances and I would not blame them.one bit.

[quote name='Onikujo' timestamp='1353014128' post='3052972']
People left because people didn't like what the alliance turned into, and it's high gov. Simple as that.

You don't like something you move on, it's how life works. Clearly this is a lost lesson on the interwebz.
[/quote]
I think if you don't like something, you do everything in your power to change it before betraying friends and allies. But that's just old-fashioned sentiment, I guess.

[quote name='Magicman657' timestamp='1352871778' post='3052167']
Greetings. I am Magicman657, Princess Regnant of United Equestria. It has come to my attention that a few individuals took it upon themselves to try and harm our wonderful little alliance. It is true that the alliance has struggled lately due to several unfortunate personnel losses and it's been difficult to try to plan around that. However, UE is not dead and we do not tolerate attempts to violate the sovreignty of the alliance.

What you need to know is the following:

[ words ]

Sincerely,
Magicman657
Princess Regnant of United Equestria
[/quote]

Funny... I've been checking our forums periodically for weeks, including the new-but-now-dead forums, and of course checking for new messages in this horrible waste of a game, and there hasn't been a single indication that you were even still around, much less actually leading the alliance. Nopony was more surprised than me to read this topic and see the glorious return of our [i]leader in absentia[/i]. But if you really are the Princess Regnant you claim to be, then I don't think I'm being unreasonable in expecting you to have 1) said something to our members when our Consort (the second in command who was actually running things) decided to leave the alliance without saying a word 3 weeks ago, 2) to address the members of the alliance "on our private boards" regarding the HoT/Shima issue, and 3) to explain the otherwise-outlandish statement that Shima is now an enemy of the state. But instead of leading, or attempting any sort of compromise, you decided to power-trip. Bravo!

You seem to have forgotten that the Charter includes the lines:

"Members have the right to speak their minds freely and without consequence on our private boards."
"Members explicitly have a right to disagree with the Governing Bodies, and are encouraged to voice these disagreements in private channels."

If you bothered to check what were formerly "our private boards", you could have seen the discussion taking place. I can't imagine that you weren't directed to it at some point. (If you weren't, then you really have no grasp of this alliance.) But instead of responding, or giving any sort of rebuttal, there or elsewhere, you disregarded the members who had very valid concerns, including those who weren't outright opposed to you, and have completely failed to give us an alternative. In effect, you pretended there was no problem, which culminated very predictably in Hero and Benzene's actions, and led to your post here for all the world to see.

Here this evening, I will be exercising a sacred right granted to member nations by The Charter of United Equestria. Specifically:

"Members have a right to speak their mind in public so long as they do not cause harm to the alliance."

In the interests of salvaging what's left of this alliance, the Nation of Terulia, member state of United Equestria, hereby issues a statement of "No Confidence" in Magicman657, Princess Regnant of United Equestria.

If, as a consequence of this statement, you should choose to deem the law-abiding ponies of Terulia to be members of a rogue state, we will gladly face any who seek to oppress us.

with nuclear force.

SIGNED,
Gakumerasara
First Dude of the Communist Party of Terulia
http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=487022

You know, theme aside, UE was one of the fastest growing alliances on Bob awhile back. Its why I find this latest implosion to be most disappointing. Do you guys honestly have no other way to change your government outside of nuking each other? Far be it from me to tell you how to structure your house, but I'm sure you all know this looks terrible.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1353006811' post='3052914']
Let's get a few things straight here. There are alliances who would've rolled on all of UE as soon as HoT rogued their protectorate and claimed leadership.....There's alliances who wouldn't care about the nations who want nothing to do with what HoT is doing....Many alliances wouldn't give UE a heads up.
[/quote]

The GATO I know is above such actions and would never contemplate doing them.

Attack these who have went rogue and leave it at that, actively seeking to punish these who have committed no crime other than being on the same AA as a few who have went rogue is just downright foolish and pathetic.

Edited by Charles Stuart

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1353074512' post='3053305']

Attack these who have went rogue and leave it at that, actively seeking to punish these who have committed no crime other than being on the same AA as a few who have went rogue is just downright foolish and pathetic.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that's what he's saying. GATO wouldn't act like that.

[quote name='Reyas' timestamp='1353077472' post='3053313']
I'm pretty sure that's what he's saying. GATO wouldn't act like that.
[/quote]

No, he is comparing GATO to the alliance that would perpetrate such acts;. Comparing yourself to an idiot to make yourself look better just makes you look like an idiot ;)

[quote name='Gakumerasara' timestamp='1353057756' post='3053285']
[ Ye olde wall o' text ]

In the interests of salvaging what's left of this alliance, the Nation of Terulia, member state of United Equestria, hereby issues a statement of "No Confidence" in Magicman657, Princess Regnant of United Equestria.

If, as a consequence of this statement, you should choose to deem the law-abiding ponies of Terulia to be members of a rogue state, we will gladly face any who seek to oppress us.

with nuclear force.

SIGNED,
Gakumerasara
First Dude of the Communist Party of Terulia
[url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=487022"]http://www.cybernati...ation_ID=487022[/url]
[/quote]
MagicMan, you've apparently done sodding nothing (big surprise) in the ongoing rogue-CoJ fiasco. Our FORMER dMoIA (that's right, INTERNAL) had to step up, declare himself interim MoFA, and furiously try to save the alliance. If you cannot lead the alliance when she needs you most, you cannot be leader.

In the interests of salvaging what's left of this alliance, the Nation of New South Rhodesia, member state of United Equestria, hereby seconds the statement of "No Confidence" in Magicman657, Princess Regnant of United Equestria.

I'd wave my nuclear dick around, but i can haz none :(

Signed,
OPERATOR
Highest Speed Lowest Drag Slayer of Bodies, good to go, of New South Rhodesia

Looking at your guys' charter, I see no method for actually removing a head of state. I suppose this little fiasco should serve as an object lesson in the art of writing Alliance Charters.

[quote name='Onikujo' timestamp='1353014128' post='3052972']
People left because people didn't like what the alliance turned into, and it's high gov. Simple as that.

You don't like something you move on, it's how life works. Clearly this is a lost lesson on the interwebz.
[/quote]

See, that right there is an mistake. Much of our "high gov" is now in EvU, we've had inactive leadership for a while. Our ministers pretty much jumped ship and formed their own allaince. As for Magicman, I agree completely with Gaku. I also express "No Confidence" in Magicman657.

Signed,
Rí Túaithe Caoimhin Ironhooved of The Everfree State

((OOC: I know this is an RP board but I think there is something some people don't quite get. The reason for EvU's existence has more to do with a personal gripe (and I mean one outside the game) against Hero, who is not completely bereft of blame either, but this sheer nastiness needs to stop.
@Hero: You should not have attacked anyone. You are no longer supposed to be active, you have no stake in this game anymore and it is unhealthy for you to continue. But, we did need some form of temp leadership, you could have simply still existed. No skin off your back if your nation suffers, it can not truly be destroyed except from inactivity. I say this with the most blunt sincerity.))

Edited by Caoimhin Ironhooved

[quote name='Gingervites' timestamp='1353104452' post='3053444']
my my isn't this cute, is there gonna be another coup?
[/quote]

I sincerely hope that wasn't directed at me, I have neither the time nor the patience to deal with people outside the alliance, the do not wish to be Princess Regant or hold a position of power. I also am not in a position to claim that this is a coup, Magicman still has time to decide what he will do and he would be well-advised to take a look at our new forums (the ones that YOU are in control of).

Also: I actually took a look at the CoJ thread. I was directed to this one by a link and failed to look if there was anything on the forum previously. It would appear that I misunderstood the situation a little, but I still feel Hero's actions were brash and rather ill-concieved.

Edited by Caoimhin Ironhooved

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1353103496' post='3053440']
Looking at your guys' charter, I see no method for actually removing a head of state. I suppose this little fiasco should serve as an object lesson in the art of writing Alliance Charters.
[/quote]
[quote name='Gingervites' timestamp='1353104452' post='3053444']
my my isn't this cute, is there gonna be another coup?
[/quote]
My feelings, summed up by the esteemed and inimitable Mr. Watterson. Your guys' assesment is actually spot on.
[img]http://1.asset.soup.io/asset/3858/6993_a751.gif[/img]

Edited by Operator

[quote name='Operator' timestamp='1353102552' post='3053434']MagicMan, you've apparently done sodding nothing (big surprise) in the ongoing rogue-CoJ fiasco. Our FORMER dMoIA (that's right, INTERNAL) had to step up, declare himself interim MoFA, and furiously try to save the alliance. If you cannot lead the alliance when she needs you most, you cannot be leader.[/quote]

Just to be clear, I'm not declaring myself to be anything, and regarding the rogue-CoJ issue, "furiously try to save the alliance" could perhaps more accurately be restated as "solve a fairly simple problem independent of the buraeucracy". I didn't accidentally leave the rogue-CoJ issue out of my earlier post; that was fully intentional. For one, I would not have expected a timely response from Magicman, and based on earlier precedents, I'm really not surprised he still hasn't responded to Schattenmann's topic. Second, while inactivity is one basis of my earlier post, there are [i]so many other examples[/i] that listing this one was simply not necessary.

[quote name='Gingervites' timestamp='1353104452' post='3053444']my my isn't this cute, is there gonna be another coup?[/quote]

If you call Hero and Shima's actions a coup, then it most certainly failed. Like Caoimhin, I too have no interest in leading an alliance, though I have little doubt that the status quo is unsustainable. By the way, nice seeing you again! It's really classy how you abadoned the alliance without so much as a goodbye while holding the only real position of power. (reminds me of another group, actually, though most of them took the time to write their backhanded farewells...)

[quote name='Caoimhin Ironhooved' timestamp='1353104794' post='3053445']Also: I actually took a look at the CoJ thread. I was directed to this one by a link and failed to look if there was anything on the forum previously. It would appear that I misunderstood the situation a little, but I still feel Hero's actions were brash and rather ill-concieved.[/quote] I also found this topic first, and after reading it, I was initially very confused. However, I didn't write my post until after some further investigation and reading the other related topics. While his handling of the Hero/Shima rogue situation (from the very beginning) was unacceptable, I find Magicman's handling of the alliance itself to be deplorable. Is any other alliance led by someone whose leader hasn't made a single post on their official forums? But while showing no regard for the alliance itself, he apparently has time to write verbose, posturing, political, "Official Announcements" in a place that the vast majority of the alliance is neither interested in nor privy to.

[quote name='Caoimhin Ironhooved' timestamp='1353104794' post='3053445']Magicman still has time to decide what he will do and he would be well-advised to take a look at our new forums.[/quote] I, too, am most interested to see what Magicman will decide to do, if and when he does anything, and I don't mean in terms of posts here, but in terms of actually addressing the alliance. In these trying times, as a member of UE, I appreciate TPF's Notice of Protection, though I hope it will not be used by anyone as a means of leverage or coercion. I'm not saying that it's impossible for Magicman to regain my support, but without massive changes in the way things are being run, I would say it's fairly unlikely.

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1353074512' post='3053305']

[/quote]

You must havs missed a few of my posts. I said we'd only be forced to take action if UE decided to take HoT on as their leader. That is not unreasonable. However it seems they know that HoT can't be their leader after going rogue so all is fine.

A bit of advice for UE...find someone who wants to be leader and have them lead regardless of any official title.

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1353079519' post='3053320']

No, he is comparing GATO to the alliance that would perpetrate such acts;. Comparing yourself to an idiot to make yourself look better just makes you look like an idiot ;)
[/quote]

Speaking without knowing what you're talking about is much worse.

[quote name='Magicman657' timestamp='1352871778' post='3052167']#1, I am still the rightful leader of the alliance and I will continue to act in such capacity [b]until such a time as I see fit to appoint a replacement[/b] (which if or when that would happen would be accompanied by an official public statement here).
[/quote]

[Emphasis added.]

Given the votes of no confidence expressed in this thread by your membership that time should be apparent - it's now.

I was actually not in UE during the split. I was in INT if you'd payed attention. I left in the first place due to general lack of activity and outside of the spam and RP boards, almost no interaction. Although a few people there are still cool...

As the great Sun-Tzu said. "Crap happens."

Much ado about nothing, methinks. Perhaps take the squabbles into private so your already damaged reputation is spared anymore abuse?

[img]http://denver.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/rsz/mlfw759_small.png[/img]

Just saying.

[quote name='Caoimhin Ironhooved' timestamp='1353104794' post='3053445']
I sincerely hope that wasn't directed at me, I have neither the time nor the patience to deal with people outside the alliance, the do not wish to be Princess Regant or hold a position of power. I also am not in a position to claim that this is a coup, Magicman still has time to decide what he will do and he would be well-advised to take a look at our new forums (the ones that YOU are in control of).

Also: I actually took a look at the CoJ thread. I was directed to this one by a link and failed to look if there was anything on the forum previously. It would appear that I misunderstood the situation a little, but I still feel Hero's actions were brash and rather ill-concieved.
[/quote]I am in control of them, when I sent Magicman my goodbye PM I gave him the password to the admin account, still nothing I guess? IDK I don't check, why should I check those forums anyways. Magic has a life outside of CN and has been unable to change it, same with #ue. I held founder up until two days ago when I was able to move it to Magicman(after a fiasco in which he was banned and on akick). And It kind of is, who are you gonna put in power if Magicman isn't gonna be charge? HoT is considered a rogue and Benzene is gone
[quote name='Gakumerasara' timestamp='1353109532' post='3053473']

If you call Hero and Shima's actions a coup, then it most certainly failed. Like Caoimhin, I too have no interest in leading an alliance, though I have little doubt that the status quo is unsustainable. By the way, nice seeing you again! It's really classy how you abadoned the alliance without so much as a goodbye while holding the only real position of power. (reminds me of another group, actually, though most of them took the time to write their backhanded farewells...)

I, too, am most interested to see what Magicman will decide to do, if and when he does anything, and I don't mean in terms of posts here, but in terms of actually addressing the alliance. In these trying times, as a member of UE, I appreciate TPF's Notice of Protection, though I hope it will not be used by anyone as a means of leverage or coercion. I'm not saying that it's impossible for Magicman to regain my support, but without massive changes in the way things are being run, I would say it's fairly unlikely.
[/quote]You're right, I am sorry for not posting a thread for you guys to see. I was very busy and when I wrote a long pm to Magicman about my resignation I thought I had already done so for you guys. Oh well the past is the past.

But, abandoning? It was me who even kept UE afloat during my time as Princess Regnant. With all the events that have happened it makes me think that maybe I shouldn't have "kicked" Herooftime out of UE but instead have gone with the plan to double resign with Magicman(hell he even posted his in 'Transparency'-nice title HoT). But I was persuaded otherwise and HoT left, leaving our two treaties in tact. Looking back that would have been a quicker death and with less BS surrounding it. But instead I tried to lead UE with no active government and a horribly inactive/dysfunctional alliance filled with people who really don't want to do much of anything but just skate by. The fact that it took you nearly 3 weeks to figure out I was gone shows how inept you guys can be at times.

These latest owf and behind the scene blunders only prove that last point. Have fun being in an alliance that should have been dead with an inactive leader that no one wants. Jeez I need to stop spending so much time with HoT I am starting to sound like him.

Oh also, there was an original plan to have me become Princess Consort, Benzene most likely Regnant and HoT back in then shortly afterwords attack EvU. Fortunately/unfortunately (depending on viewpoint) I am too nice and too big of a doormat to do something like that so when HoT pressured me to do it I went to Magicman about it while trying to be a median in between them. That lead to a "lovely" word battle and power struggle(on HoT's part) in which he ultimately lost because I sided with Magicman. That only prolonged it because obviously here was that attempted coup he and Benzene wanted to do. Good ol' dysfunctional UE, how Classless of me.