Advanced Enviroment Questions

+Zeke+

For as long as I can remember here, I had always heard that getting a positive change to your environmental score by one point was worth approximately 2 points of happiness.

Does anyone know the precise figure or, at least, verify that you've heard the same as well?

Additionally, it was known in the past that certain government types caused an environmental penalty, between 0 and 2 points.

Now we have a new government chart posted in the info sections that seem to roughly correspond to those old environmental values by using some unexplained stars near the government types. Note that I used the operative word of roughly. It doesn't precisely correspond to those old known environment modifier values.

Has anyone figured out those stars yet? Are they for environment as they appear to be? Any good knowledge of the meaning and values of those stars would be appreciated immensely.

Thanks in advance for any informed help you can offer.

Ok, got it on my first question. Thanks!

Now about my second inquiry, and if those stars on the government table are related to the environment?

Anyone decipher them yet or are they still a big mystery?

Red means you gain an environment point for having them and white means you lose.

Capitalist +1

Communist -1

Democracy +1

Dictatorship -2

Federal Government -1

Monarchy +1

Republic +1

Revolutionary Government -1

Totalitarian State -1

Transitional -1

Those are what I believe the bonuses and negatives in environment. Anyone is free to correct me.

Edited by AdolfVonSippycup

Based on the stars and your interpretation of them then I read those stars into 3 groups.

Red star:

Capitalist

Democracy

Monarchy

Republic

White Star:

Anarchy

Communist

Dictatorship

Transitional

No Star:

Revolutionary Government

Totalitarian State

Something else I noted is that those stars have changed very recently. I had seen 2 stars on some only a couple weeks ago and they have shifted around a bit as well.

Seriously, I just can't see a reason for Admin likes making this such a mystery.

With GRL back, good environment information is darn important. <_<

one point of environment equals 0.4 happyness and a slight population bonus (VERY VERY slight).

The population bonus is 25 people per environment point times the population multipliers.

Maximum population boosters (besides NRL wonder) makes it 41.

Edited by Aeternos Astramora

Based on the stars and your interpretation of them then I read those stars into 3 groups.

Red star:

Capitalist

Democracy

Monarchy

Republic

White Star:

Anarchy

Communist

Dictatorship

Transitional

No Star:

Revolutionary Government

Totalitarian State

Something else I noted is that those stars have changed very recently. I had seen 2 stars on some only a couple weeks ago and they have shifted around a bit as well.

Seriously, I just can't see a reason for Admin likes making this such a mystery.

With GRL back, good environment information is darn important. <_<

if you have your arrow over the star, it tells you what it does.

red star= +1 environment

white star= -1 environment

no star= does nothing

The population bonus is 25 people per environment point times the population multipliers.

Maximum population boosters (besides NRL wonder) makes it 38.

ah thanks. again one myth solved :)

however, I think this should REALLY be based on infralevel. I mean, seriously, the difference between 10 and 0 environment is 380 citizens with FULL modifiers. this may be much for a 100infra nation, but it is *nothing* for a nation of 100,000 citizens. but environment of a nation is affecting the WHOLE population, not only some part of it.

and the 0.4 happyness is nothing we need to talk about... big nations have 70 happyness, it makes not much difference to have 70.4 instead.

imho the "average" environment should be 5.0 [what every nation has as base, without any modifications], then you get +0.5% pop and +0.5happyness for every point you better your environment, and lose -0.5% pop and -0.5 happyness for every point it gets worse. Basically you could have a max bonus of +2.5% pop / +2.5 happyness for the most clean environment and -2.5%pop / -2.5 happyness penalty for the worst environment.

environtment has WAY too less impact nowadays, most nations simply dont care for it, once you can have borderwalls it is very good anyway.