[quote name='Scooby Doo' timestamp='1351923153' post='3047953']
Doesn't change the Fact that TPC pretends round after round to declare war on everyone.

[b]But the truth is, they declare on Nations they conceive to be a threat to the top slots at the end of the round.

Everyone sees it for what it is. Massive down declares.[/b]

Do us favor TPC. No one needs you to attack whoever you want to attack. Historically the game has been Alliance Wars. Lets keep it that way.

Or you can go create your own game- Call it "Downdeclaring Rogues".
[/quote]

So we declare on all the top nations but its also a down-declare. The logic cracks me up.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand those that are upset that they got the brunt of our attacks and maybe didn't deserve it but the premise that we down-declare just doesn't hold weight. We declared on everyone who wasn't us, that was absoloutely the biggest chunk of ns we could have declared on.

[quote name='OverlordShinnra' timestamp='1351934561' post='3047976']
I understand those that are upset that they got the brunt of our attacks and maybe didn't deserve it but the premise that we down-declare just doesn't hold weight. We declared on everyone who wasn't us, that was absoloutely the biggest chunk of ns we could have declared on.
[/quote]

There is a difference between saying that you declare on everyone and actually actively trying to war everyone. But just hitting the top nations here and there won't draw in alliances that weren't hit. You cannot say you hit everyone, you can only truthfully claim to have hit an assorted bunch of top nations with an invite to all other AA's (which most won't take because as they see it, they aren't involved and why should they be?). Sure, it takes balls to be open like that, but you aren't [i][u]fighting[/u][/i] everyone.

Edited by ADude

[quote name='bibliophile' timestamp='1351929151' post='3047969']

Additional facts for the record:

Lorlax, Aquamarine and Tsar Kalashnikov are the ones who nuked me, in that order.

I checked our comparative charts, which show that the last two actually had higher NS on Oct. 28th, the day I declared (my own obsessive records show that I was #4 overall shortly after update that day), so any difference must come from me militarizing shortly before going to war. If post-militarizing strength is a down declare, many more than me are guilty of that, in this round and many previous.

[/quote]

Thank you for setting the record straight.

As for their non-coordination, I have frequently coordinated with people in other AAs when fighting a common enemy. The fact that my opponents did not does not mean that, in your words, “None are able to retaliate in any type of coordinated fashion.” Most TE players know that nations working together can take down, or at least hold their own, against a bigger opponent if they work together, especially if they have nukes, which these people have in large numbers (as of now: Lorlax: 18; The Forge: 18; King J: 14; Keyzer Soze: 19). If they did not reach out to the others to coordinate, that’s on them, not me.
[/quote]

All of us have done coordination with other AAs. But at best it takes a day or 2 to even start getting something going.
But, seriously, these faux wars on everybody put us at an disadvantage.
We joined alliances in order to fight together. Not being forced to try to figure out our allies sleep patterns, if they use IRC, how often they check their nations,,,,,, That is something we would prefer to do internally, within our own Alliances.

[quote name='Scooby Doo' timestamp='1351900036' post='3047807']
Somehow the following TPC nations in their “War on Everyone” miraculously avoided any type of anarchy. Strange for an alliance that went to war because they didn’t want to grow out of range of other alliances.

bibliotech
[url="http://tournament.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=1000209"]http://tournament.cy...tion_ID=1000209[/url]

BrownBear
[url="http://tournament.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=1000474"]http://tournament.cy...tion_ID=1000474[/url]

Beerica
[url="http://tournament.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=1000246"]http://tournament.cy...tion_ID=1000246[/url]

And isn’t convenient that they are the 2[sup]nd[/sup], 4[sup]th[/sup], and 12th ranked Nations in the game.

Feel free to declare on their many open slots.
[/quote]

I got the two without wars. It's a fun time. You're welcome, TPC :P

(Sorry to King James that I couldn't hit you, you were just a bit shy of my NS range)

[quote name='Einer' timestamp='1351920690' post='3047939']
Also, Aquamarine must still have at least 40M in his warchest. That's enough to rebuild from 0 to 3999, and he's not at 0. I won't be crying for him, and neither should Argentina.
[/quote]
Actually, some less, but that doesn't really matter. Although, Dingo sure is active with lots more than 40M in his warchest, and he's not fighting... huh...

[quote name='OverlordShinnra' timestamp='1351934321' post='3047975']
So we declare on all the top nations but its also a down-declare. The logic cracks me up.
[/quote]
Actually, no Warriors (although King James has stated a [i]passable[/i] reason for that), no NDO, no Rodentia Dominatus. Yes people with money and their alliances.

As for their non-coordination, I have frequently coordinated with people in other AAs when fighting a common enemy. The fact that my opponents did not does not mean that, in your words, “None are able to retaliate in any type of coordinated fashion.” Most TE players know that nations working together can take down, or at least hold their own, against a bigger opponent if they work together, especially if they have nukes, which these people have in large numbers (as of now: Lorlax: 18; The Forge: 18; King J: 14; Keyzer Soze: 19). If they did not reach out to the others to coordinate, that’s on them, not me.
[/quote]
Have you ever coordinated with two people from two different alliances, neither one yours, after taking a 3-person blitz from an alliance with a much higher ANS? And if so, did you stand a chance, when the three attackers were coordinating from the [b]same[/b] alliance? In this case, of course, neither Lorlax nor The Forge were "able" to do much anything at all, which just made it worse, but even the first part stands.

As we've said, if anybody on our side doesn't have wars, then we're perfectly happy with you filling slots. That's why we spread the love around so much, even though we easily could have blitzed more people onto fewer alliances. We wanted counters, and we assumed that everybody would cross-declare to support whoever we actually attacked. And in fact, it looks to me like you had no problem getting your alliance to help you out...against [url=http://tournament.cybernations.net/search_wars.asp?search=1000019&Extended=1]the guy with no nukes[/url].

Surely between you, RE, DB4D, and the various people I've been trolling, [i]someone[/i] should have been able to muster up a counterattack against my nation. At least SUNspot finally took care of this problem for me. Thanks guys!*

[size=1]* Psst...don't forget that you can nuke me now.[/size]

OOC: Just because this thread is getting a bit much for my taste, just wanted to bring up this little factor by the name of Sandy, that has affected members of my alliance in their ability to either log on (power out) and/or care (because they are dealing with larger issues.) If it's been a factor in my group that isn't that large, I'm sure it's a factor for others both in TPC and the alliances they attacked as far as logging on and/or taking part in the fight. Just saying...

Edited by White Chocolate

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1351970367' post='3048088']
OOC: Just because this thread is getting a bit much for my taste, just wanted to bring up this little factor by the name of Sandy, that has affected members of my alliance in their ability to either log on (power out) and/or care (because they are dealing with larger issues.) If it's been a factor in my group that isn't that large, I'm sure it's a factor for others both in TPC and the alliances they attacked as far as logging on and/or taking part in the fight. Just saying...
[/quote]

I'm sure it has been a factor for many. I am very fortunate not to lose power through it all.

OOC: I know a lot of members lived in the path of the storm. Tremendous loss has occurred throughout the region and I sincerely hope that everyone affected sees a speedy recovery.

OOC:
Only just recovered enough from Sandy to properly log in and I find this. I love this declaration. If I had known this was going to happen, the Northmen would have gone a different direction all together.

TPC is giving eveyone a challenge and a chance to have a ton of fun. Take advantage of it. Those that got hit just has to get the TPC nation low enough for your other nations to get in range. There's strategy, team work and lots of activity to be had. Don't waste it.

Have fun and a good fight everyone.

[quote name='Jesusfreak' timestamp='1352005877' post='3048384']
My streak of [b]49 straight spy ops[/b] without being caught (starting from last round) was broken tonight :( On a Gather Intel of all things :P
[/quote]

Wow. That is absolutely incredible. I just wished the SDI (whenever I bought the piece of crap) would work that way.

[quote name='OverlordShinnra' timestamp='1351829960' post='3047521']
This is why RE should have hit us when they had the chance. Once they chickened out and went elsewhere there was no one else to go at. At that point we can just sit and keep building forever or DoW as many alliances as we can.
[/quote] Sorry Been a bit busy. No one chickened out.. Im not scared of you guys, Im just not sending my men to suicide. Had I hit you guys alone tho.. You would have utterly destroyed our nations. Thats what TPC likes to do. They like to build a bunch. save money Then wait for people to hit them... Im not about to fight you guys on your terms.. when you already have the advantage. You guys should be able to declare your own legit wars not have to wait for people to declare on you guys while you all have soldiers and GCs and then just have you guys counter then, Especially with the HUGE infra advantage... You guys wouldnt even really have many anarchies.. Had we blitzed you. And maybe this wouldnt happen.. If you guys didnt do this,, ALL THE TIME..

Busy with work, so I'll rely on emoticons to convey what I think of that:

:popcorn::nuke::war::facepalm::awesome::smug::rolleyes::lol1::wub:

In fact, pretty much everything except:

:frantic:

Edit: What the hell? "You have posted a message with more emoticons than this community allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message" CENSORSHIP

How could TPC possibly miss this guy [url="http://tournament.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=1000325"]http://tournament.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=1000325[/url] if they want the damn flag gotta take out the top guy.

PS. He doesn't have much of a Warchest and Spies ;)

If I recall, we hit him and saw he had no warchest, so we decided to toss him back until he could stockpile some money. Judging by his 700 tech, it doesn't appear that he has done so. :(

[quote name='Einer' timestamp='1352058916' post='3048553']
If I recall, we hit him and saw he had no warchest, so we decided to toss him back until he could stockpile some money. Judging by his 700 tech, it doesn't appear that he has done so. :(
[/quote]
Just ZI him for the lulz or are you guys scared of his tech heavy nukes and infra advantage?

Edited by bombuator

[quote name='bombuator' timestamp='1352058307' post='3048550']
How could TPC possibly miss this guy [url="http://tournament.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=1000325"]http://tournament.cy...tion_ID=1000325[/url] if they want the damn flag gotta take out the top guy.

PS. He doesn't have much of a Warchest and Spies ;)
[/quote]

Didn't miss him. He is a guy I hit at the very beginning. I saw that he had no money, he PM'd me to stop because he was a noob and then we exchanged pleasant PMs where I gave him advice on how to avoid being an easy target for people.

[quote name='Einer' timestamp='1352058916' post='3048553']
[/quote]

Apparently my advice wasn't enough..

[quote name='bombuator' timestamp='1352060346' post='3048559']
Just ZI him for the lulz or are you guys scared of his tech heavy nukes and infra advantage?
[/quote]

No. He is new and has no idea what he is doing really. [u][i][b]If you don't have money it doesn't matter how large your nation is--you can't fight.[/b][/i][/u]

Contrary to increasingly popular belief, we don't have hearts of coal over here. :huh:

[quote name='King James XVIII' timestamp='1352062503' post='3048575']
Didn't miss him. He is a guy I hit at the very beginning. I saw that he had no money, he PM'd me to stop because he was a noob and then we exchanged pleasant PMs where I gave him advice on how to avoid being an easy target for people.

Apparently my advice wasn't enough..

No. He is new and has no idea what he is doing really. [u][i][b]If you don't have money it doesn't matter how large your nation is--you can't fight.[/b][/i][/u]

Contrary to increasingly popular belief, we don't have hearts of coal over here. :huh:
[/quote]

Well your advice must have not worked ;) he has like no spies and money why keep him in your way? Even without money he could still easily do a lot of damage. And everyone seems to make you guys out to have hearts of coal so why not jump on the bandwagon :D

Edited by bombuator

[quote name='bombuator' timestamp='1352063032' post='3048578']
Well your advice must have not worked ;) he has like no spies and money why keep him in your way? Even without money he could still easily do a lot of damage. And everyone seems to make you guys out to have hearts of coal so why not jump on the bandwagon :D
[/quote]

I need to coach him up lol. I was hitting him with everything I had and he wasn't doing anything at all. When he sent me the PM asking me to stop I felt [b]so[/b] bad for him.

A wasted slot is worse than wasted bacon or liquor (that sounds SO good right now).

[quote name='King James XVIII' timestamp='1352064120' post='3048591']
I need to coach him up lol. I was hitting him with everything I had and he wasn't doing anything at all. When he sent me the PM asking me to stop I felt [b]so[/b] bad for him.

A wasted slot is worse than wasted bacon or liquor (that sounds SO good right now).
[/quote]
Considering he has NO attacking casualties your attacks were a tech raid

[quote name='bombuator' timestamp='1352064251' post='3048597']
Considering he has NO attacking casualties your attacks were a tech raid
[/quote]

Lol yeah, he did nothing--and he pretty much confirmed that his strategy was going to be that moving forward through his PM asking me to stop attacking.

If you are trying to say that I wanted a tech raid--nothing could be further from the truth. Everyone may think I have a heart of coal, but everyone who has dealt with me would (I hope) say that I'd never shy away from an uphill and/or overwhelming fight. Not when so many of my fellow members are putting everything they have on the line for a war I had the final say on.

[quote name='Stelios' timestamp='1352043108' post='3048467']
Sorry Been a bit busy. No one chickened out.. Im not scared of you guys, Im just not sending my men to suicide. Had I hit you guys alone tho.. You would have utterly destroyed our nations. Thats what TPC likes to do. They like to build a bunch. save money Then wait for people to hit them... Im not about to fight you guys on your terms.. when you already have the advantage. You guys should be able to declare your own legit wars not have to wait for people to declare on you guys while you all have soldiers and GCs and then just have you guys counter then, Especially with the HUGE infra advantage... You guys wouldnt even really have many anarchies.. Had we blitzed you. And maybe this wouldnt happen.. If you guys didnt do this,, ALL THE TIME..
[/quote]

So, one the one hand you couldn't hit us even though you had 100k ns than us. You needed a bigger down-declare because only attacking with a 100k advantage was "suicide".

And on the other hand we should be able to declare our own wars and not be waiting flag runners.

And on the other hand we declare wars all the time they just happen to be the wrong ones.

/Stelios Logic