Vauleyo-Athenian Summit

Imperator Azenquor

The following message would be sent to the Athenian government from the Vaulian Embassy in Athens:

[quote][b]To: The Government of the Athenian Federation
Fr: The Government of the Serene Republic of Vaule
Re: Further Economic Cooperation & Military Contracts[/b]

On behalf of His Most Orthodox Royal Highness Imperator Pyotr, we would like to request a high level diplomatic meeting to discuss a range of issues including post war policy regarding the Americas, encouraging greater economic cooperation and military contracts.

While there have been a few meetings between our nations thus far, we note that those meetings were primarily led by Ambassadors or mid level government officials. Therefore it is our intention to use this opportunity to hold the first high level meeting between our respective heads of state.

We look forward to your reply.

[/quote]

[quote]
[center][img]http://data.treksimming.com/athenian-federation/CoatofarmsAthenianFedSmall.png[/img][/center]

To the Government of the Serene Republic of Vaule,

The Megale Autokrateira was already scheduled for an East Asia tour, after reviewing the agenda this office has concluded there is time for a summit in the Serene Republic prior to other scheduled events. If this schedule is to your acceptance we shall gladly accept your offer.

Sincerely,
Office of the Megale Autokrateira[/quote]

[quote][b]To: Government of the Athenian Federation
Fr: Government of the Serene Republic of Vaule[/b]

The Office of the Imperator fully endorses holding the conference in the Serene Republic. Therefore, His Most Orthodox Royal Highness Imperator Pyotr hereby extends an official invitation to the Megale Autokrateira, to attend a summit to be held at the Imperial Palace in the city of Zhukovgrad on [date here].
[/quote]

Almost immediately, the Vaulian Embassy in Athens would transmit the necessary arrival information to the Athenian Government. The Athenian delegation was asked to land at the Zhukovgrad International Airport (ZIA) and was given the necessary clearances to enter Vaulian capital airspace.

At the Zhukovgrad airport, the customary honor guard was assembled to await the arrival of the Athenian delegation.

Edited by Imperator Azenquor

At the agreed time the Athenian jet carrying the Megale Autokrateira and her immediate staff entered the airspace above Zhukovgrad before landing at ZIA, it would be her first visit to Vaule and admittedly to Siberia at large. Once the Airbus had safely landed Ariadne would head for the exit and walked to the delegation waiting for her on the ground. Even though she had dressed for the occasion the cold felt quite different from the almost always high temperatures in Athens.

[img]http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l358/ImperatorAzenquor/MilitaryHonorGuard.jpg[/img]
-Honor Guard at the Zhukovgrad International Airport

The Athenian delegation would be met at the airport by a Vaulian military honor guard and a small group of Vaulian officials including the Prime Minister and the Imperatrix-consort. After initial pleasantries were exchanged, the Athenian delegation would be transported to the Imperial Palace in Zhukovgrad. Upon their arrival, they would be shown into a prearranged conference room and met by the Imperator and two translators.

[i]“Your Imperial Highness, welcome to the Serene Republic of Vaule. I hope that your journey here was a pleasant one.

While our two nations have expanded our ties and the extent of military cooperation over the past few years, we have not previously held a top level summit between our respective governments. We therefore requested to hold this summit to discuss matters of mutual interest in both the economic and military spheres, and to explore methods of strengthening our alliance.

Regarding our nation’s reconstruction efforts, we are preparing to issue a number of high level military contracts which we believe that the Athenian Federation would be excellently positioned to take advantage of.[/i]-Imperator Pyotr

Once inside the conference room Ariadne took off her wintercoat before taking a seat. "Thank you Imperator, my journey was very enjoyable and it feels good to be here" She said in Russian before turning back to the world language. "I am of course always willing to enable an ally such as yourselves to defend themselves more properly, what kind of contracts did you have in mind?"

• 2 weeks later...

[i]“We have prepared a general shortlist of the available military contracts and their relevant importance in the medium to long term. In the economic sphere, we would like to propose a tariff reduction on goods traded between our two countries.”[/i]

[quote][b]Vaule Military Contracts (Non-public)[/b]

[u]Stage 1: Cyber-warfare defense capabilities[/u]
Contract to completely isolate military defense networks from public networks, to repair damaged military network (eastern military zone) and to enhance cyber warfare defensive capabilities. (EMP proofing subsections of network where possible)

[u]Stage 2: Electronic Warfare capabilities[/u]
Contract to upgrade fleet of existing EW attack aircraft.

[u]Stage 3: Non-military network upgrade[/u]
Contract to upgrade of non-military internet infrastructure and to secure financial services network against attack.

[/quote]

Edited by Imperator Azenquor

• 3 weeks later...