From The Bureau of Foreign Affairs - To Mexican Foreign Officials

PresidentDavid

[quote]
[b]From The [color=#ff8c00]Sleepy Hollow[/color] Bureau of Foreign Affairs[/b]

Sleepy Hollow has recently purchased multiple islands from the Empire of Tianxia in exchange for a disclosed amount of money. The islands are planned to be used for scientific research and possibly house families of scientists. That means that the government of the Hollow plans to have at least some of the islands inhabited by human beans 365 days a year, 24 hours a day. The only foreseeable problem with doing this is that Sleepy Hollow is in the Arctic while the recently purchased islands are in the Antarctic; meaning that supplying these islands, especially in the dead of winter when they need supplies the most, will be difficult and dangerous for those who are transporting goods and particularly those who are on the islands that could run the risk of not getting even basic supplies such as food.

The Baron saw that the most effective and efficient solution to this would be to operate a hopefully small and definitely semi-temperate territory in which food could be grown and basic supplies could be stored in advance from Sleepy Hollow or even manufactured in the territory itself. The land that was selected easiest for the government to maintain and store goods and food was the Isla de los Estados and few surrounding islands - extending out of the very tip of the South American continent.

I have been granted a check of one-million, five hundred-thousand dollars by the Council of Darkness and Council of Light to purchase this uninhabited island from the Mexican government. And, on another note, if Mexico is interested, I would like to propose a Treaty between the Mexican and Sleepy Hollow governments that would point to non-aggression and open cooperation to create relations now, help in situations in the future, and hopefully give both of us a better window to talk to each other regarding international matters such as trade, war, and warnings.

I hope to hear back soon if you are interested.

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_JpdHqM5W15M/SNvVmK8dWLI/AAAAAAAABaA/MCIC1vtPR6U/s320/Estados_Observatori_Staten.gif[/img]

[b][color=#ff8c00]George Dubose[/color][/b]
[b]Secretary of The Bureau of Foreign Affairs[/b]
[/quote]

[quote]
From the Secretariat of Foreign Affairs:

You are welcome to come meet in Rio de Janeiro to discuss this with our Director General for Latin America, Ernesto Camps Tenorio. We will inform you of this now, our policy is to not turn over or sell land to nation who is not of Latin America. We will discuss the possibility of erecting facilities on the island, or in other locations, and your treaty proposal at this meeting.

Signed,

Patricia Espinosa
[/quote]

[quote]
Secretariat Patricia Espinosa,

I am honored to be invited to South America and discuss what we could do however Sleepy Hollow is in a delicate situation right now and can not spare any officials - including myself plus the expensive transportation that would take to get myself to and back from South America simply would drain a good deal of money from my Bureau. I was instructed specifically given the two tasks of purchasing the island and making a treaty so unfortunately the erecting of structures on unowned land is not a viable option for me to negotiate on.

That being said I would most certainly want to continue negotiations for a treaty of mutual neutrality and peace between Mexico and Sleepy Hollow which I think we could via message as we are now. If you insist we or myself and another Mexican official meet then I invite a diplomat to my office in Thunder Bay. If you would like to see, I have a proposal treaty that you could feel free to edit or change to your liking and send it back - or agree to.

[b][color=#ff8c00]George Dubose[/color][/b]
[b]Secretary of The Bureau of Foreign Affairs[/b]
[/quote]