Quick Announcement

Lurunin

Who says that we have to have a protector? GOONS is one yes, but who do I need protection from? GOONS?
lol

GOONS can't protect themselves and need assistance to survive..their FA is garbage at best and they talk smack from behind another...they could actually be the WAE and not even realize it.

keep it up GOONS, you are a perfect example of how to not run an alliance..well, without somebody shielding you from danger obviously :)

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1349998967' post='3040234']
What you are failing to grasp is the initial question of the argument. "Why was GOONS at war". The answer to that question serves as the basis of every argument that descends from it. And the answer is simple. You initiated wars on nations who did nothing to justify it except making the mistake of being without an AA, or on unprotected AA's. Yes, this invites raiding. My own alliance does it from time to time. The difference though is you guys assume that you can just declare war on people and then act like nobody has the right to do something about it.
[/quote]

I'd like to direct you to [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=113468&st=40#entry3039585"]one of my previous posts[/url], Aeros. It's not the case that we feel that nobody has the right to do anything about our raids (I’d contend that no inherent rights exist in this world to begin with, but that's neither here nor there). Our actions have consequences, we realize that fully. It’s not a one-way street though, others' do as well. Even if deemed unconventional by you or by others. You attack us (other than in alliance-to-alliance war) and there are very few instances in which you won't become an EoG.

I’ll never understand how you and others praise the ‘good guys’ for sticking to their guns and to their morals but are surprised or offended when we do the same.

[quote name='DoorNail' timestamp='1350000382' post='3040251']
When you announce anyone out here for your "list", you are officially making a statement that all alliances must recognize, because you're GOONS. You are attempting to apply a part of your Charter to the world in doing so.

I nor anyone else outside of your alliance has to acknowledge any part of any list you make..it may have happened for you in the past, but now it's time to stop. Do you think you own Black Team? Your sanctions have spit in the face of good, honest senators as well as every black team member that you have been raiding.

Your FA is fantastic according to you..If it's so great, then why does your alliance look like crap now?
[/quote]

This literally makes very little sense and it pains me to even try wrapping my head around it.

That said, no one has to recognize anything we say. We'll nonetheless do as we see fit with regards to our EoGs and our internal affairs in general.

And no, nothing we've done indicates we feel we own the black team. We do presently possess a senate seat however, and the sanctions that come with it. And we'll do with them as we please. Attack and nuke our nations and there's a *very* good chance they'll be used against you. Surely you should have realized that given the fact you were once an ally of ours.

Edited by SirWilliam

[quote name='DoorNail' timestamp='1350001962' post='3040269']
Who says that we have to have a protector? GOONS is one yes, but who do I need protection from? GOONS?
[/quote]

Your AA's small nations, the ones you were unable to assist militarily and financially, certainly don't need protection. And I suppose you don't either with that overwhelming $10 million warchest of yours. :rolleyes:

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1350002282' post='3040271']
I’ll never understand how you and others praise the ‘good guys’ for sticking to their guns and to their morals but are surprised or offended when we do the same.
[/quote]

Implying I am making a moralist argument. Actually, my argument is based on Raison D'Etat. The only thing that is moral is that which is makes your nation safe and powerful. My argument is your raiding policies does neither.

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1349840818' post='3039314']
it has something to do with our charter not defining them as an alliance. therefore we are being attacked by a single rogue nation who is defending six or seven other nations we are raiding. most people who attack goons in this way end up EoG.

this concept may be difficult to digest for those who consider any grouping of nations an alliance, we are aware of that, so it needs not really be discussed except by those who aim to embarrass us again (and be destroyed in the process, again).
[/quote]

I aim to embarass you, now I demand you get on with destroying me you coward.

Edited by Merrie Melodies

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1350002607' post='3040273']
Your AA's small nations, the ones you were unable to assist militarily and financially, certainly don't need protection. And I suppose you don't either with that overwhelming $10 million warchest of yours. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

What? your sanctions didn't cripple my aid slots? that I was using to aid the nations you're are stealing from, isn't that assisting the "ones" I'm unable to assist now?..lol your spy intel is wrong.

Can we get some smarter GOONS out here to try and pretend that you all didn't drop the ball in your your attempts to destroy all new alliances? Thanks :)

Edited by DoorNail

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1350002715' post='3040274']
Implying I am making a moralist argument.
[/quote]

Implying I was either (note I referenced both the 'good guy's' *and* ours).

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1350002715' post='3040274']
The only thing that is moral is that which is makes your nation safe and powerful. My argument is your raiding policies does neither.
[/quote]

And I'm not buying that. That may be how you and yours operates, but I think it's a given that not everyone dances to the beat of the same drum. If we must settle on an absolute moral here it would be that which makes our membership happy. Clearly our raiding policy does just that, in leaps and bounds.

[quote name='DoorNail' timestamp='1350003924' post='3040281']
What? your sanctions didn't cripple my aid slots? that I was using to aid the nations your are stealing from, isn't that assisting the "ones" I'm unable to assist now?..lol your spy intel is wrong.
[/quote]

Sense please, make some.

Can we get some smarter GOONS out here to try and pretend that you all didn't drop the ball in your your attempts to destroy all new alliances? Thanks :)
[/quote]

Send a translator along and we'll offer you someone that makes as 'compelling' points as you do. :

[quote name='DoorNail' timestamp='1350004229' post='3040285']
I already knew that answer about you owning Black Team :)

Anyone that resides on Black Team knows that you don't run anything and are nothing but a cancer that needs to be eliminated from our team.
[/quote]

This is the voice of the black team, GOONS is doomed!

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1349993437' post='3040206']
Yeah, a micro alliance of 35 guys well built in the medium-upper ranges with WRCs that were only a problem after we knocked them down under 20K ns. And before that, we've fought a multitude of alliances. Even at one point a dozen at once. And we won. So please stop it with that sensationalist garbage. It's so old and worn out like The Combine is.
[/quote]
Oh you fought a dozen at once? By yourself? How many wars on each alliance?

Please spare me.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1349993957' post='3040211']
Bravo, you [i]got[/i] it. You get a cookie. :)
[/quote]
Was that your attempt at making the worst comeback in CN clever?

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1349994052' post='3040212']
Ah man you guys like throwing that term micro-alliance around. 30-40 top-tier nations, backed financially and militarily by NEW is not a micro alliance. And if you ask around I think you'll find plenty of people who would say we lost to FnKa/Ninjas and Kaskus/Mongols, the outcome of which I was personally very concerned about since we did decide to fight them as much on our own as possible. We're not a great fighting alliance, but we're not "top five worst". And if we had a year to grow like most alliances, we'd look much bigger, like most alliances.

Everyone shields their actions with their allies. It's how things work around here. But apparently our time is running short, so we will see how goons performs when the outcome is "undecided", otherwise we're just speculating.
[/quote]
Didn't you guys get a billion dollars from MK? How many more years do you need to grow?

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1349995155' post='3040217']
This thread is now about GOONS and the GOONS/Kaskus War. This is one of several dozen such threads.

Good work, all.
[/quote]
Yeah, well, when you start a similar situations, references to the past are bound to be mentioned.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1350004415' post='3040288']
This is the voice of the black team, GOONS is doomed!
[/quote]

Careful what you wish for, your raids on black damage more than just the raids alone..you disturb tech deals for out going tech to other black team nations.

Your path of destruction that includes any team, is not helping anyone really..can any you please explain your purpose other than assimilation into CN's clown alliance?

This incident that has me out here against my wishes, is just another example of how you've crapped on everyones attempts to do their own thing since your creation. I doubted you were the same but I was wrong, you're worse.

I apologize to some friendlies for my rudeness, but some things just have to be said. ;)

[quote name='Don Chele' timestamp='1350011714' post='3040323']
Every alliance, however small, has a right to exist, and that right is not defined by the GOONS v. 2.0 charter. Sir William is correct though, that they can continue to defy that fact as long as nobody forces them to stop doing so at gunpoint.
[/quote]
What shall we do about that?

[/quote]

Did you seriously just call SirWilliam stupid?