Quick Announcement

Lurunin

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Stoopid Ace' timestamp='1350455195' post='3042115']
By PPO protection and GOONS acknowledgment of said protection within this thread, TSL is protected.

So why has DoorNail been declared upon and attacked again? From my understanding, all wars were to expire and solutions were to be explored. Instead...Lex Quintus declared war on DN after GOONS itself had placed DN on hold in its EoG list because of this protection. Is this protection not recognized anymore?

Explain how that works GOONS? Im sure you can come up with another BS excuse. Your charter seems to be filled with them.
[/quote]

Juicy. I'll bite.

It would be foolish to allow DoorNail an escape into Peace Mode while conducting negotiations for his release. That is because until he is actually released, he's still an EoG and will be treated as such. Even if he were to try MB terms (which I seriously recommend, he's already proven he isn't worth being bought and they're free) he wouldn't get any reprieve from attacks while carrying out whatever terms he is given. He also wouldn't be penalized any further for continuing to fight while working on his terms. Unless of course he declared new wars.

To clarify to others, for the umpteenth time: The EoG List isn't a PZI, EZI, or even a ZI list. All offenders have the opportunities (plural) and abilities (plural again) to reach an agreement for peace long before they reach ZI and if they so choose, are not hounded across multiple nations. We do, however, work as diligently as possible to put them in ZI until such an agreement is worked out.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1350456300' post='3042121']
To clarify to others, for the umpteenth time: The EoG List isn't a PZI, EZI, or even a ZI list. All offenders have the opportunities (plural) and abilities (plural again) to reach an agreement for peace long before they reach ZI and if they so choose, are not hounded across multiple nations. We do, however, work as diligently as possible to put them in ZI until such an agreement is worked out.
[/quote]

You don't just put them in ZI. You keep them there. That is what makes it a PZI list, regardless of the bull crap name you decide to give it.

They're kept there until their release has been fully negotiated. When and how is up to them.

I know you've made dissent your lifelong duty, but this is getting ridiculous. I'm starting to worry you are actually this oblivious.

Edited by Emperor Marx

GOONS claim EoG isn't PZI just because you can negotiate your way out, like if you couldn't negotiate your way out PZI... I remember plenty people who as in PZI lists in past and left said lists after negotiation. This like when Sardonic insisted that DH wasn't a bloc...

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1350440501' post='3042012']Seriously though, people have been trying brute force for years, maybe you should start sending hugs.[/quote]

That's the position I've been taking on the matter for a long time now. The way to "deal" with an alliance calling itself " Goon Order Of Oppression Negligence And Sadism" is to love them until they can no longer stand it anymore. I get that's difficult and is counter-intutive but if a group thrives on anger and violence, stop giving it to them.

The one actually doing the most damage to GOONS here is Lurunin.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1350457239' post='3042124']
They're kept there until their release has been fully negotiated. When and how is up to them.

I know you've made dissent your lifelong duty, but this is getting ridiculous. I'm starting to worry you are actually this oblivious.
[/quote]

I'm not the oblivious one. If anyone in GOONS had ever been on a PZI list, they would know they are the same...

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1350458627' post='3042128']
That's the position I've been taking on the matter for a long time now. The way to "deal" with an alliance calling itself " Goon Order Of Oppression Negligence And Sadism" is to love them until they can no longer stand it anymore. I get that's difficult and is counter-intutive but if a group thrives on anger and violence, stop giving it to them.

[/quote]

Wait, what? Just exactly how are we supposed to play a war game, when they are all cute and fuzzy?

Ok, I'll give it a shot.

Awe, look at the little GOONIES, they are so cute! I just want to pinch your cheeks! You little fuzzy wuzzy goonie woonies, you are soooo adorable! I just love you to death, is the little goonie woonies got a poo poo diaper? awe, that's ok little goonie woonies, I'll clean your poopie pants for you, here's some hugs and kisses for you my little goonie woonies. I think your name is a little too aggressive my little goonie woonies, let's call you the SNOOGIES alliance instead, so everyone will know just how cute and adorable you are. Here, I even made you a new flag my little snoogies, now go outside and play with the other little snoogies, we'll just keep your poo poo pants a secret, that way the other snoogies wont make fun of you. YOU ARE SOOOO CUTE!!! XXOXOXOX :)

[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img338/6171/snoogies.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='DoorNail' timestamp='1350487108' post='3042162']
Wait, what? Just exactly how are we supposed to play a war game, when they are all cute and fuzzy?

Ok, I'll give it a shot.

Awe, look at the little GOONIES, they are so cute! I just want to pinch your cheeks! You little fuzzy wuzzy goonie woonies, you are soooo adorable! I just love you to death, is the little goonie woonies got a poo poo diaper? awe, that's ok little goonie woonies, I'll clean your poopie pants for you, here's some hugs and kisses for you my little goonie woonies. I think your name is a little too aggressive my little goonie woonies, let's call you the SNOOGIES alliance instead, so everyone will know just how cute and adorable you are. Here, I even made you a new flag my little snoogies, now go outside and play with the other little snoogies, we'll just keep your poo poo pants a secret, that way the other snoogies wont make fun of you. YOU ARE SOOOO CUTE!!! XXOXOXOX :)

[img]http://imageshack.us/a/img338/6171/snoogies.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
Nice!

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1350449795' post='3042101']
You can go without treaties, however typically the consequences are that people will take your stuff. This goes from raiding to legitimate war, and so on. It's been that way from Day 1 here, since before goons was even a thing. This is not some peaceful utopia where you can carelessly meander around, and the people backing you in your assumption that it is are just as wrong as you.

Also, you are clearly still here trying to defend why you thought you alone were enough protection for your alliance when that was clearly not the case.
[/quote]

This logic does not seem to coincide with history. We have been without treaties for years now and we have lots of "stuff". The only time any stuff has been taken from us is when we offered it up on a silver platter which my Nephew Brehon will I'm sure substantiate. Take our "stuff"....please!

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1350458627' post='3042128']

[/quote]This is exactly right. Stop giving them what they want. Play the long game.

[quote name='Princess Doomee' timestamp='1350493323' post='3042179']
This logic does not seem to coincide with history. We have been without treaties for years now and we have lots of "stuff". The only time any stuff has been taken from us is when we offered it up on a silver platter which my Nephew Brehon will I'm sure substantiate. Take our "stuff"....please!
[/quote]

FAN is hardly "typical", which is why I included that word. While raiding is a crap shoot in gains/losses, I feel like raiding FAN would simply allow us to bypass all the guesswork in wondering if we were going to be trading nukes with someone for 3-4 months.

And to be perfectly honest, if the proposal for this raid had come across my desk I'd have raised a serious question about the wisdom in attacking an alliance with nation like DoorNail's sitting at the top of it.

[quote]And to be perfectly honest, if the proposal for this raid had come across my desk I'd have raised a serious question about the wisdom in attacking an alliance with nation like DoorNail's sitting at the top of it.[/quote]

Here we have the first bit of common sense, after 17 pages of denial..You cute little SNOOGIE you, I love you, can we be BFF's now?

[quote]This might be the best post in this entire thread.[/quote]
Awe, you don't mean that SNOOGIE WOOGIE, I thought my last post was worth something, it truly was from the heart. How about you? BFF's? I love you too you little SNOOGIE WOOGIE poo poo pants. May I pinch your cheeks?

I LOVE ALL OF YOU SNOOGIES!! ANYONE HERE THAT HAS A FRIGGING PROBLEM WITH THESE CUTE AND FUZZY SNOOGIES IS GOING TO HAVE TO DEAL WITH ME!! YOU FRIGGING GOT THAT? I WILL BRING THE WRATH OF 1000 DOLLARS IN SURPLUS, STRAIGHT TO YOUR DOOR!!

[quote name='Princess Doomee' timestamp='1350493323' post='3042179']

[/quote]
Nephew? I thought he was more like your great grandson ;)

[quote name='Gingervites' timestamp='1350522453' post='3042277']
Haha lulu this is still going on. Sardonic do you think it is worth it to continue with DoorNail? At this point you guys might as well just end it and take him off your silly list.
[/quote]
How about no?

People don't outlast GOONS. Except Ruk, I suppose. If you wish his freedom, you're going to have to pony up 2400 tech for it.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1350524364' post='3042326']
How about no?

People don't outlast GOONS. Except Ruk, I suppose. If you wish his freedom, you're going to have to pony up 2400 tech for it.
[/quote]

RUKUNU is eternal. When GOONS are long gone, RUKUNU will still be here, for he is the one true EoG.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1350524364' post='3042326']
How about no?

[/quote]

I'd toss in 100 tech just to get this thread off the first page, should we start a donation thread to stop the terrible?