How would you do it different?

Unknown Smurf

In the topic about accountability it came down to will MK be rolled or not? Well, I honestly don't know, but the general consensus seems to be that they will, its just a matter of time. If and when that happens someone will step up to fill the void, they might not have a supreme grasp of the world like NPO did, or not even the most power like MK does/did, but they will hold a majority of power.

For whatever reason, most people believe what the hegemony (either one) did was wrong, but I must ask, without the privilege of hindsight, would you have done it any differently? In the most recent war, when you found out that your ally, NoR, was going to go to war with an ally of C&G, putting your position on top of the world in jeopardy, would you risk political capital to start another war with CSN/SF just to secure your position? Hell I don't know if I would actually do it considering previous rhetoric of 'friends before pixels' that brought my alliance to that position of power, but I know the thought would be damn tempting.

If you would have done it differently, how would you have? It is impossible for an alliance to hold power in this world without creating enemies, and as time goes on, the number of enemies increases. The only feasible way to win is to do what many great victors have done (the most notable of which is Dumbledore, at least to y'all :awesome: ) and step away from the throne once victory has been achieved. But how would one do that in this world? I don't know.

What I mean to say is, what MK has done is not all that bad, and I've only recently come to realize this. Because put in their shoes, you would have done the same thing (atleast the IC actions).

Answering your topic question:

I wouldn't make fun of people's personal lives, because they are my enemies in game. I wouldn't claim I was starting drama for the good of this world and then complain when drama was at my doorstep. I would not make the lead up to war useless. I wouldn't make private statements about wanting to roll XYZ and then deny I wanted to roll XYZ. I also would stand beside the people who had helped me take the position I was in even if it meant losing it.

That's what I would do differently. You don't have to agree with me. It's just what I would do.

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1349574745' post='3038087']

I wouldn't make fun of people's personal lives, because they are my enemies in game. I wouldn't claim I was starting drama for the good of this world and then complain when drama was at my doorstep. I would not mkae the lead up to war useless. I wouldn't make private statements about wanting to roll XYZ and then deny I wanted to roll XYZ. I also would stand beside the people who had helped me take the position I was in even if it meant losing it.

That's what I would do differently. You don't have to agree with me. It's just what I would do.
[/quote]

Worded it better than I would have but my exact feelings also.

I'll echo my esteemed comrade Omni; Things of other worlds have no business being brought onto Bob, [b][i][u]EVER[/u][/i][/b]. It seems no matter who is the quote/unquote hegemony that lesson continues to go unlearned.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1349570778' post='3038063']
What I mean to say is, what MK has done is not all that bad, and I've only recently come to realize this. Because put in their shoes, you would have done the same thing (atleast the IC actions).
[/quote]

No I wouldn't.

[quote name='Proest' timestamp='1349593601' post='3038167']
These threads are so utterly pointless and the OP has got to be the dumbest thread maker/poster besides Mogar.
[/quote]
I must beg to differ, it matters little whether you agree with the OP's premise or not because thread this enable some sort of discussion which can be interesting for participants and lurkers alike. Christ its not as if these forum is packed with varied reading material or sheer quantity (like the old days).

[quote name='Cataduanes' timestamp='1349594642' post='3038169']
I must beg to differ, it matters little whether you agree with the OP's premise or not because thread this enable some sort of discussion which can be interesting for participants and lurkers alike. Christ its not as if these forum is packed with varied reading material or sheer quantity (like the old days).
[/quote]
I guess in that respect I'd agree.

[quote name='Ogaden' timestamp='1349588795' post='3038152']
How about instead of yet another iron grip at the throat of the planet, we just allow planet Bob to descend into glorious anarchy.
[/quote]
Because LSF would have an unfair advantage.

[quote name='Ogaden' timestamp='1349588795' post='3038152']
How about instead of yet another iron grip at the throat of the planet, we just allow planet Bob to descend into glorious anarchy.
[/quote]
I wonder how you envision this state of anarchy, given that an alliance's foremost priority is (or should be) its security.

Edited by WorldConqueror

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1349574745' post='3038087']

I wouldn't make fun of people's personal lives, because they are my enemies in game. I wouldn't claim I was starting drama for the good of this world and then complain when drama was at my doorstep. I would not make the lead up to war useless. I wouldn't make private statements about wanting to roll XYZ and then deny I wanted to roll XYZ. I also would stand beside the people who had helped me take the position I was in even if it meant losing it.

[/quote]I agree. The first statement is especially true. Life is too precious, people have it rough out there and this silly game/community might be their little escape from the pressures of life. It isn't right that they come here and get belittled, insulted, and hurt. Don't ruin somebody's day. Realize there is a human being on the other end of that computer.

Aside from the OOC stuff, I would not go to war without a CB (their CB was not an actual CB).

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1349573123' post='3038075']
What makes you so sure?
[/quote]

I agree. I think with a diminished player base, alliances that inherit a mantle of global supremacy probably have it easier now more than ever. There are less challengers to that claim, and less nations overall which equals less nations to fight. The ultimate deciding factor is will that alliance be in the shape economically, and militarily to recover quickly in an effort to exert that control.