An Umbrella Announcement

Natan

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1349666258' post='3038482']
I have to wonder, what was Natan's platform? Anyone care to share?
[/quote]

I ran on a platform of authoritarian rule, to make sure the alliance cuts out this trend of stupid decisions and displays, a promise of a defined political direction which included reconciliation with alliances that hold ill will towards us, and an eye to re-energize the otherwise lethargic government. Steady and give course to the ship if you will.

I’m sorry if the comments I made six months ago still echo in your head, they weren’t meant to mean anything long term nor do I ascend into office with any of my (albeit nonexistent) grudges towards any alliance at the forefront of my policy. It is the plight of a leader to put his alliance’s interests before his own desires. Next time you (or anyone else) have a complaint or concern about my own or my alliance’s behavior I implore you to take it up with me privately and diplomatically instead of making a public show of it, I’m always open for a query.

Thank you to everyone for the well wishes.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1349643107' post='3038320']
Progress is the simple act of moving forward in any of the facets of Bob, starting internally and moving outward from there.

Specifically - your alliance is unstable. You have more factions within your membership to have a Cybil complex and absolutely no control. To fix this you elect the one person that has basically !@#$ on anyone who tried to have communication who wasn't part of the rah rah Umbrella crowd but was willing to check you out. On a note closer to home, this same mouth breather loves to threaten my alliance and has done so since DH/NPO from peace negotiations forward.

You are going backwards. But so be it.
[/quote]

Please keep talking, you sound like an idiot. I mean really, factions?

Come on Brehon, it sounds like you're just throwing !@#$ at a wall and hoping it sticks.

[quote name='bkphysics' timestamp='1349732894' post='3038722']
Ah, so even though they may of implied a strong hate towards the NPO, and now that they are in the driver's seat, it really means nothing because they are just a figure head pretty much and cannot make any moves without a lot of support from the people who elected them and knew about their desires and opinions?

Makes sense to me. NPO why u so mad broah?
[/quote]

That little page in your signature is [i]adorable![/i]

[quote name='Lord Valleo' timestamp='1349700733' post='3038565']

Trying to avoid conflict and live in peaceful existence does not mean one can afford to ignore situations and developments which directly instigate conflict and threaten your peaceful existence.

[/quote]

I really just want to point out here, and I hope you take no offense. There is a certain amount of hilarity that goes with you implying you are trying to avoid conflict and live in peaceful existence when your emperor has promised a war against an as yet unidentified opponent in two days. You really cannot make the statement you just made with a straight face.

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1349746484' post='3038829']
Like I said, if only it was during negotiations.

I am easy to find Natan.
[/quote]

And yet you insist on being a jerk on a public forum. To be honest, after this one post (well there were strong indications before but I wanted to give you benefit of the doubt!) we are left with one of two options: either you don't really want any reconcilliation and you are trying to milk whatever you say that happened to pursue a political agenda towards whoever or you're a complete idiot who moves around in politics with the grace of an elephant in a porcelain store.

Why would any leader of any alliance, regardless of the alliance, with any self-respect try to talk with you after you addressed him in public in such a condescending and insulting manner? Your actions don't match your words.

EDIT: the language is fixed.

Edited by Lusitan

Oh get off the high horse. Go to your own embassy and talk to me about how to act, because clearly you were all model. Perhaps, just perhaps I am on the irritated end of you guys acting like !@#$% (not all). Do you deny for just 1 moment Natan didn't act like that when NPO came to talk for the last year?

Oh what its okay there and I should just put a smile on here? Seriously cut the crap. As an alliance leader at this point, he needs big shoulders. If I talked to you all after the treatment we got, he can do the same. After all I hear all the time how Natan is worth his salt.

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1349749996' post='3038857']
Oh get off the high horse. Go to your own embassy and talk to me about how to act, because clearly you were all model. Perhaps, just perhaps I am on the irritated end of you guys acting like !@#$% (not all). Do you deny for just 1 moment Natan didn't act like that when NPO came to talk for the last year?

Oh what its okay there and I should just put a smile on here? Seriously cut the crap. As an alliance leader at this point, he needs big shoulders. If I talked to you all after the treatment we got, he can do the same. After all I hear all the time how Natan is worth his salt.
[/quote]

As someone in the position he was in, I would have acted the same way towards the NPO. He was at the top..and the NPO? the bottom of the well. Just keeping it real.

And that Vektor, right there, was everything that was wrong with the NPO in the past.

Natan, good luck to you. I shouldn't have hijacked your thread, that is indeed my wrong, thus I do apologize.

Edited by Brehon

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1349749996' post='3038857']
As an alliance leader at this point, he needs big shoulders. If I talked to you all after the treatment we got, he can do the same.
[/quote]

He has indicated above a willingness to talk and done so in a calm and measured way. He has also disavowed any hostile intent toward your or any alliance. His shoulders appear to be reasonably large.

[quote name='Lord Valleo' timestamp='1349700733' post='3038565']
However the one who is now leading your alliance is one of the biggest detractors of the NPO and has threatened our alliance on more than one occassion.
[/quote]
Yay I get to say my favorite phrase; used to say it to umb gov all the time.

MAKES YOU THINK, DOESN'T IT?

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1349746484' post='3038829']
I am easy to find Natan.
[/quote]

As is Natan, yet you felt it prudent to fling dirt at him publicly and make up utter horse!@#$ about factions and instability.

Typical Pacifican diplomacy; where everyone else is the problem.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1349812522' post='3039064']
As is Natan, yet you felt it prudent to fling dirt at him publicly and make up utter horse!@#$ about factions and instability.

Typical Pacifican diplomacy; where everyone else is the problem.
[/quote]

Typical JA bs.

I am still and have been on your boards for over a year (the Umbrella boards) You aren't in Umbrella so you can move along.

I do enjoy how Lusitan goes from passive aggressive to "who am I kidding?" and finally back to existing on another plane of reality in three posts.

I'm glad this matter can now be taken to private...The place where only tacit "hello's," JoshuaR, Lusitan and a select few speaking reason while the majority whom probably loathe Pacifica bite their tongue. The best part would probably be Natan having to feign concern for Brehon's advances attempts now or in the future because he's the head of state...Although there was that part after having avoided a good part of this thread until Lusitan called to his attention that he may in fact want to say something to defuse the situation instead of letting his silence do the talking. There was also another favorite part of this thread not related to either party that I thoroughly enjoyed.

Congratulations on speaking more frankly to eachother in one day than the past ???

Perhaps it'll get better in private now.

Maybe you'll take a cue from your previous history and suddenly try to explain to Pacifica how past events were actually done with NPO's well being in mind and how you were just put into a tough position...

Stones, boys. :mellow:

Edited by IYIyTh

Even by your standards, IYIyTh, that's impressively incoherent.

Still, if the upshot is that we should all leave Umbrella and NPO to sort this out in their own spaces, then yes.

Edited by Pingu