An Umbrella Announcement

Natan

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Progress is the simple act of moving forward in any of the facets of Bob, starting internally and moving outward from there.

Specifically - your alliance is unstable. You have more factions within your membership to have a Cybil complex and absolutely no control. To fix this you elect the one person that has basically !@#$ on anyone who tried to have communication who wasn't part of the rah rah Umbrella crowd but was willing to check you out. On a note closer to home, this same mouth breather loves to threaten my alliance and has done so since DH/NPO from peace negotiations forward.

You are going backwards. But so be it.

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1349643107' post='3038320']
Progress is the simple act of moving forward in any of the facets of Bob, starting internally and moving outward from there.

Specifically - your alliance is unstable. You have more factions within your membership to have a Cybil complex and absolutely no control. To fix this you elect the one person that has basically !@#$ on anyone who tried to have communication who wasn't part of the rah rah Umbrella crowd but was willing to check you out. On a note closer to home, this same mouth breather loves to threaten my alliance and has done so since DH/NPO from peace negotiations forward.

[/quote]

Please tell me more of these factions that exist within Umbrella.

[/quote]
Back then it was Natan's job to scare people. He was the Field Marshal.

[quote name='Proest' timestamp='1349635938' post='3038258']
Lol. Someone trying to make fun of someone else for having a life instead of "being important" in the digital world. Oh my god.
[/quote]

No. No one mentioned your "life." Someone attacked your stature in the way of being able to judge others in this realm based on your historical insignificance in it.

The "Because I have a life," reactionary defense is also weak. It also doesn't work when you seemingly have enough time to spew vitriol and tell everyone you have a life but not enough to have ever done anything of significance.

[/quote]

What is going backwards to one is progress to another.

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1349648331' post='3038371']
What is going backwards to one is progress to another.
[/quote]
Did Natan change his opinion of TOP so much? Last I heard, he was firmly in the "TOP is oh so very terrible and has been for years, we should also burn them" camp. But that was a couple months ago, maybe you've had more luck with him than the last dozen GMs of TOP.

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1349651185' post='3038413']
Did Natan change his opinion of TOP so much? Last I heard, he was firmly in the "TOP is oh so very terrible and has been for years, we should also burn them" camp. But that was a couple months ago, maybe you've had more luck with him than the last dozen GMs of TOP.
[/quote]
Realities within TOP have changed quite a bit since your impromptu departure for LSF during the summer (I see your now in NPO though. When did that happen?). But this will become more apparent over time I suppose...as for relations between Umbrella & ourselves? They're doing quite well; thanks for asking.

[/quote]

What factions are you speaking of though? We don't have factions. We have hilarious cliques. Like the Umbrellreich clique which now is inhabited solely by myself, since Exige left me.

What I will say though is that you and I both know that any alliance is much more than one person. Umbrella is made up of nearly 100 different members, Natan is but one of them, he is the leader, but he is not the sole member. And to be frank, not everyone is going to get along, we all know this.

All I would ask is that you as an individual see Umbrella for the varied members we have and not for one person that you dislike, as I'd expect you would want others to see NPO the same way in any sort of similar circumstance. Absent of any claims that it doesn't matter.

EDIT: Grammar.

Edited by Proest

It seems odd to me that an Emperor of the NPO would come in here and throw insults around rather than take the prudent course of judging the new team by what they do in office. It's almost as if Pacifica is looking for conflict rather than peaceful coexistence.

Congratulations to the newly-elected servants of the Umbrellan people.

Edit: typo

Edited by Pingu

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1349660725' post='3038466']
It seems odd to me that an Emperor of the NPO would come in here and throw insults around rather than take the prudent course of judging the new team by what they do in office. It's almost as if Pacifica is looking for conflict rather than peaceful coexistence.

[/quote]

Maybe Natan will prove us wrong. It's always possible, I suppose.

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1349660725' post='3038466']

[/quote]

NPO offered the peaceful coexistence, Natan spat in our face. Lets not get it twisted. I also see Umbrella for its many nations and I see its leadership for what it is. That leadership is Natan.

Call them cliques call them factions the point stands.

Specifically - your alliance is unstable. You have more factions within your membership to have a Cybil complex and absolutely no control. To fix this you elect the one person that has basically !@#$ on anyone who tried to have communication who wasn't part of the rah rah Umbrella crowd but was willing to check you out. On a note closer to home, this same [u]mouth breather[/u] loves to threaten my alliance and has done so since DH/NPO from peace negotiations forward.

[/quote]

Umbrella is stable. Though an initial trepidation as to Natan's bedside manner is understandable, it is a matter to be settled through diplomacy and reconciliation, not doomsaying and reproachment, let alone the base insult underlined above.

To say the least, Natan has my full confidence.

Edited by Ardus

I will remind you Ardus, we extended that diplomacy and reconcilliation. Natan spat on it and continued to do so even recently.

Doomsaying and reproach are not accurate tho I understand why it would be important to try to pass such an erroneous view of the facts. I am merely sharing the attitude and actions of this individual who is now their President. Aka giving an accounting and sharing my general disgust for his said actions.

I have to wonder, what was Natan's platform? Anyone care to share?

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1349662700' post='3038474']
NPO offered the peaceful coexistence, Natan spat in our face. Lets not get it twisted. I also see Umbrella for its many nations and I see its leadership for what it is. That leadership is Natan.

Call them cliques call them factions the point stands.
[/quote]

It is my understanding that those negotiations and the events surrounding them were very tense. Since then both the Order and Umbrella have made a serious effort at reconciliation. Wouldn't it be prudent to continue these efforts on a more personal level, sans the dirt kicking, with Umbrella's new President and administration? I'm certain that if you sat down with Natan and his administration any concerns you have can be alleviated and you two can come to an understanding if not reconcile your differences outright.

These factions that you speak of simply do not exist in the capacity that you claim that they do. It would be like arguing that Koopas in GOONS has a irrational and dangerous conflict with Goonstapo that prevents our government from functioning. Likewise with the Mushroom Kingdom and their factions. They're social cliques within the alliances' active communities that simply exist. That's all.