Forum Update

admin

Do you like the new forums?  

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Winner12345' timestamp='1349359461' post='3037329']
The Winner12345 Government News Agency is officially calling the new forums a "Bust and a huge flop".
[/quote]

and the govt of keeology declares you a huge complainer and wishes for you to get over it

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1349416549' post='3037566']
I am still getting a file size too large while trying to import my avatar.
[/quote]

This^

Even when I host the image in an offsite forum I still can't use my avatar because it's still limited to 75kb :/

But at least avatar are bigger now :D

[quote name='admin' timestamp='1349123189' post='3036229']
Apologies for the forum downtime today. We needed to push out an update for the forums.
[/quote]
If you're honest-to-God asking, now's the perfect time to roll back the 365-day limit on displaying a user's content history, please. It was inexplicably imposed at the last forum update and no Senior Mod has ever been able to give me a reason why there's a limit or a reason why no one will just flick the switch and give us history back. "Just use advanced search" isn't a solution; IPB search is terrible.

Other than that, it will just take some getting used to. Thanks for investing in the newer version.

[quote name='Winner12345' timestamp='1349124149' post='3036253']
Outdated, really? When was the last time the fourms where hacked?
[/quote]

The file size for GIF files is a common issue with this latest version of IPB. I used to be an administrator on a forum for another game, and we had to manually add images for users upon request due to the annoying issue with restriction, despite being enabled.

Will likely continue with this board.

EDIT: Grammar.

Edited by Proest

Unless I am missing something (or it is my phone), there doesn't seem to be any icons or links in the mobile version to click on to "Go to first unread post" in each thread. Can this be fixed?

Edit: Welp, just realised that this only happens when I am not signed in, so it can be ignored.

Edited by Sir Humphrey

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1349123963' post='3036246']
How does security sound to you? The forums ran on an outdated version, this is the natural upgrade.
[/quote]

Is the new theme a security feature? How things have changed from the old-timey MVC model I was brought up on.

While this new forum is by no means awful (and congrats on having less eye-searing forums than 99% of the web, admin), I liked the old skin better.

We fear change.

I officially hate these new forums. They wrecked the Chinese quote in my signature. And really, the best part of having a signature is having something that most people can't understand in it. :(

Someone hand me a pitchfork, or something.

stop whining people. it looks different, but its fine. though one minor thing has bugged me, if possible could you switch the "members" tab and the "forums" tab at the top left under the banner. I keep hitting members on accident :(

Edited by New Carnoly

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='enderland' timestamp='1350846577' post='3043730']
Is there a way to disable images/avatars?

I would assume this is relatively easy to enable.
[/quote]

I hate to quote myself, but this really would be nice, as I don't frequent forums which do not allow this.