Forum Update

admin

Do you like the new forums?  

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1349196097' post='3036625']
What a awesome thing that it teaches you to stop using those horrible formats.
[/quote]
HEY! I am not the only one complaining about this. TO ME they both should be allowed. People should be able to have any format of picture they want and i second that the avatar sizes should be larger.

The forums look squashed the layout sucks, the avatars suck, an update in forum security is good, as long as the skin stays the same as the old one.

Also....................MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHH the update is !@#$e.

Edited by Hiro Nakara

I know that a forum update from a security standpoint is great but security systems always have flaws and when there new, they usually have major flaws. I am urging the CN Administrator`s to thouroughly look over the forums security. In all likely hood it is complex enough for a 12 year old with little knowledge of computer`s to hack it. I hope that it is look over carefully by the team.

[quote name='Winner12345' timestamp='1349204153' post='3036662']
HEY! I am not the only one complaining about this. TO ME they both should be allowed. People should be able to have any format of picture they want and i second that the avatar sizes should be larger.
[/quote]Using BMP files is stupid and a waste of bandwidth as no compression is done and creates files that have no reason to be that big.

[img]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4237780/Accords/Ussrflagr.png[/img]
That image in PNG and BMP.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/ujUsi.png[/img]
180,054 bytes vs 745 bytes

GIF should just be replaced by APNG already.

Edited by xoindotnler

[quote name='Winner12345' timestamp='1349205644' post='3036666']
I know that a forum update from a security standpoint is great but security systems always have flaws and when there new, they usually have major flaws. I am urging the CN Administrator`s to thouroughly look over the forums security. In all likely hood it is complex enough for a 12 year old with little knowledge of computer`s to hack it. I hope that it is look over carefully by the team.
[/quote]
I think the update's been out for a while now...

[quote name='Eumirbago' timestamp='1349212522' post='3036742']
Would love to be able to have gif avatars :P Other than that, I'll get used to it xD
[/quote]Seems to be only a simple thing needs to be changed even.
[img]http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/943/cef35b9de63944aebedbb16.png[/img]

I think they're fine, I was happy with the old forums too, this just seems a little more 'modern' and up to date, I miss being able to have my own profile wallpaper (or did I miss that setting?).

edittt. I can't center my sig, whaat.

Edited by King Ernie

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1349213228' post='3036756']
Seems to be only a simple thing needs to be changed even.
[img]http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/943/cef35b9de63944aebedbb16.png[/img]
[/quote]
Ohh sorry I'm a noob :P

[quote name='Anarquista' timestamp='1349241893' post='3036948']
i kinda like the new design,

one problem i have though, what happened to our old avatars? mine disappeared and i can't find that image anywhere on the internet any more
[/quote]The old system worked with a image for a avatar and a image for a profile photo. The first one has been completely replaced by the second one. You may notice that people that bothered to pick a profile photo now have it as a avatar.

I didn't like the loss of one's avatar and change over to the picture or gravatar. Not that it wasn't fixable, but it was a bit of shock and for those who come over only intermittantly, it might put on a first page a picture that people wouldn't normally see.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1349354813' post='3037311']
So far, 51% of voters hate the new forums. I look forward to getting used to them anyway because lol who cares what we think.
[/quote]

I really don't see the point in this poll either tbh, It's not as if it's going to make admin change the looks back to the old one or something better than this.