Forum Update

admin

Do you like the new forums?  

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think it is awful. I can`t seem to find any bugs but your trying to make something HD that doesn`t need to be. Another thing the forum is a little slow. Overall though it`s a four of 10.

Maybye, the only thing i like about it is the skin. I think the letters are to big and the colorrs are a little bright. Also the pictures are a little big on the profiles.

[quote name='Winner12345' timestamp='1349123376' post='3036235']
I personally think it is awful. I can`t seem to find any bugs but your trying to make something HD that doesn`t need to be. Another thing the forum is a little slow. Overall though it`s a four of 10.
[/quote]

How does security sound to you? The forums ran on an outdated version, this is the natural upgrade.

I miss the old theme (none of the alternatives offered to the new default seem to work correctly, either) and dislike the smaller/crappier-seeming avatars.

Plus, everything seems a bit too smushed together.

But, if the forums are more secure, you can't really argue with that as a plus. Voted "dislike".

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1349123963' post='3036246']
How does security sound to you? The forums ran on an outdated version, this is the natural upgrade.
[/quote]

Outdated, really? When was the last time the fourms where hacked? And outdated no. The old forums are way better then this for a lot of reasons and this one just isn`t the same feeling to it. Also another thing i don`t like about it is the people`s picture on the index is next it so i really don`t like that.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1349124143' post='3036252']
I miss the old theme (none of the alternatives offered to the new default seem to work correctly, either) and dislike the smaller/crappier-seeming avatars.

Plus, everything seems a bit too smushed together.

But, if the forums are more secure, you can't really argue with that as a plus. Voted "dislike".
[/quote]

Seconded.

[quote name='Winner12345' timestamp='1349124149' post='3036253']
Outdated, really? When was the last time the fourms where hacked? And outdated no. The old forums are way better then this for a lot of reasons and this one just isn`t the same feeling to it. Also another thing i don`t like about it is the people`s picture on the index is next it so i really don`t like that.
[/quote]

The old ones were 3.1, a few years old already. These ones are 3.3.

[quote name='Winner12345' timestamp='1349124390' post='3036259']
Well it isn`t that great. [b]Avatars are smaller[/b] and like the person i quoted, it`s smushed totogether.
[/quote]
Sorry, you don't even have an avatar. I like how you can see your change as you are writing so you don't have to constantly hit preveiw. And if this is anything like the NADC forums....Yes you can copy and paste pictures and it saves your posts as you type. Which is great when you are doing an alliance announcement or writing something in CNRP. My one complaint is the placement of the members tab.

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1349125464' post='3036277']
Sorry, you don't even have an avatar. I like how you can see your change as you are writing so you don't have to constantly hit preveiw. And if this is anything like the NADC forums....Yes you can copy and paste pictures and it saves your posts as you type. Which is great when you are doing an alliance announcement or writing something in CNRP. My one complaint is the placement of the members tab.
[/quote]

And here i thought you where an ally i was about to give a 2 million dollars for 50 tech tech deal but i guess not. :smug:

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1349125464' post='3036277']
[/quote]

I agree with the members tab placement comment. I'd like to see forum being the first tab and members all the way to the far right. I probably will never click on that tab anyway other than by mistake. :nuke:

Edited by Nobuna

I WAS KIDDING ISSAC or is it isacc or iuessac or whatever. But seriously i can get you a 2 mill/50 tech deal if you can get me some protection. I am actually attempting some negotiations with the combine to settle all of this.