Spies and Multis... TPC?

We have asked Hellas to investigate some details from their forum and from previous IRC logs, and are waiting for their response before we make any decisions.

Edited by Einer

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TPC has no right to even do a reply with respect to this . Therm has done last round the same thing btw . You can ask him yourself . This is sick , and Shame on TPC to have such members in their list.

[quote name='wasso' timestamp='1348858885' post='3035273']
TPC has no right to even do a reply with respect to this . Therm has done last round the same thing btw . You can ask him yourself . This is sick , and Shame on TPC to have such members in their list.
[/quote]

So you want to freely accuse TPC of something, yet you don't want or expect them to reply? Sounds legit :rolleyes:

If TPC isnt responsible for this , then give up for it and send us the guy . They know it'ss not his first, lets be clear to everyone .

So to expand, we've asked them to check the IP stamps on Darnussia's previous forum posts from their alliance forums, as well as his registration. If they match, then this is very good evidence and they should present it immediately. If Darnussia registered from outer Mongolia and not from the Jersey shore, then it suggests that they aren't actually multis.

Speaking as a member of TPC, and an experimental scientist, I'm committed to pursuing all possible evidence in order to determine the truth. Haste leads to mistakes, and nobody wants to have a retracted journal paper on their CV.

[quote name='Einer' timestamp='1348864744' post='3035354']
CWRU is in Cleveland.

Nevermind, everyone. We'll just wait a day or two and the burning river will get him.
[/quote]
The river hasn't caught on fire since the 70s. I still would not swim in it though :)In actuality the 1969 fire is considered the driving force behind the Clean Water Act of 1972 and gave rise to environmentalism in American politics as a national issue.

Edited by paul711

The IP address from Darnussia's forum activity for Hellas:

IP address: 74.101.155.67
Host name: pool-74-101-155-67.nycmny.fios.verizon.net

Note that FIOS is Verizon's fiber-based land ISP. I confirmed with my phone that their mobile banks don't resolve as that, and it appears that this IP bank is used for NYC.

The hostmask from the original post, which is all I've seen Stygian appearing in for at least this round, is students.cwru.edu, and looks to be part of the standard bank they use for residence halls.

(Don't do any keg stands I wouldn't do, Stygian.)

Note that CWRU is in Cleveland.

(So don't do any keg stands in burning rivers, Stygian. And I'm really sorry about the Browns.)

I would like to start by saying that Darnussia is not me, nor my multi.

I am however guilty as charged with impersonation and popping in to your war channel, and realize that it violates the values of TPC as well as the sovereignty of Hellas. It will not happen again.

For the future, I would like to ask that if you are to accuse me of being multis, to please check IPs before making such accusations. You've had all the evidence you've needed for a week now :|

[quote name='Therm' timestamp='1348895260' post='3035554']

I am however guilty as charged with impersonation and popping in to your war channel, and realize that it violates the values of TPC as well as the sovereignty of Hellas. It will not happen again.[/quote]

Let me be clear: TPC has not, does not, and will never condone spying in another sovereign alliance. We will not tolerate members who break the rules of the game, period. Therm made a terrible mistake, and this does not reflect the values of TPC or what we stand for. While I am disappointed that this has occurred, I am pleased that Hellas and TPC were able to come together to resolve this in a fair way condemn the action.

I am however guilty as charged with impersonation and popping in to your war channel, and realize that it violates the values of TPC as well as the sovereignty of Hellas. It will not happen again.

For the future, I would like to ask that if you are to accuse me of being multis, to please check IPs before making such accusations. You've had all the evidence you've needed for a week now :|
[/quote]

You are admitting to what we have "proof" for. However, we know you are guilty of much more and are fortunate we didn't report you. It's a shame you brought this upon your alliance.

I want to give a thanks to King James for being so reasonable. It's also good to see other alliances holding values.

- NeS

[/quote]
if they dont sercure there war channel that is not spying.

[quote name='dogbite' timestamp='1348896929' post='3035561']
if they dont sercure there war channel that is not spying.
[/quote]

That's not the issue. It was spying.

On a few occasions I would leave for a work with my nick on IRC, leaving my comp running. Coming to work, I'd log on from a different comp during my breaks under a different name - system doesn't allow to have the same name, as everybody knows.
Once, when I came to #paradoxte (used to go there a long time back), Hal started to talk to me and I've told him who I really am. Hal, as a wise man, considered it to be OK.

I guess according to some posts above I have to be hunted down for the multiple cases of "spying" on public channels, where anybody can log on.
That's an absurd thought. If you didn't think it through, try harder.

[quote name='King James XVIII' timestamp='1348895797' post='3035555']
Let me be clear: TPC has not, does not, and will never condone spying in another sovereign alliance. We will not tolerate members who break the rules of the game, period. Therm made a terrible mistake, and this does not reflect the values of TPC or what we stand for. While I am disappointed that this has occurred, I am pleased that Hellas and TPC were able to come together to resolve this in a fair way condemn the action.
[/quote]

Wise Words Sir . We at Hellas Appreciate what you just said .

Look, Darnussia is my nation. I can promise you that I did not spy on anyone. I enjoy the game of CN TE and would have no interest in doing something so stupid as spying. YOu don't have to believe me but my response was that I probably got hacked. So I am changing my password. I hope some of you know me well enough to know that I would not do something so stupid.

[quote name='CEO George Harris' timestamp='1348938041' post='3035666']
Look, Darnussia is my nation. I can promise you that I did not spy on anyone. I enjoy the game of CN TE and would have no interest in doing something so stupid as spying. YOu don't have to believe me but my response was that I probably got hacked. So I am changing my password. I hope some of you know me well enough to know that I would not do something so stupid.
[/quote]

Damn dude, from LE to Hellas? Uck.. At least go to OP. :mellow:

[quote name='kongland' timestamp='1348903690' post='3035584']
I guess according to some posts above I have to be hunted down for the multiple cases of "spying" on public channels, where anybody can log on.
That's an absurd thought. If you didn't think it through, try harder.
[/quote]

I tried to explain this yesterday, among other things, but they didn't get it.

ADUDE got mad and decided to report me to the mods.

Edited by NeSiRsItSiRhC

[quote name='Tevron' timestamp='1348973373' post='3035801']
Spying is spying. If it is an unsecured channel that is intended to be private, you are spying. That's pretty straightforward.
[/quote]

Yes, because joining an unsecured IRC and then leaving in the same minute before anything is said, is infact spying.

Herp !@#$@#$ derp