A New Inquisition

Sarah Tintagyl

"[i]It has felt like centuries.

The lands of South America have seen the dawn and twilight of many epochs. There have been nations which have risen to bring the continent into ages of long peace and prosperity, others have divided the land into petty kingdoms where war seems to constantly rage. In our history we have seen our beautiful rainforests reduced to cinders by the immaturity of leaders, we have seen death that most men and women have not dreamed in their worst nightmares, and we have seen the ever present hope in our cousins as new petty nations arise from the ever blowing ashes of our land. But the story of the continent is not our story, our story is one that even the worst terrors dare not utter. Death? I am familiar with the word, all too familiar. I have seen my family stripped away from my arms from all sorts of men. Men who call themselves liberators, men who call themselves pretenders, man who call themselves conquerors. Mine is a sad story, our story is one filled with grief and suffering.

We were once a great Empire that spanned the length of South America. We grew from humble beginnings in the jungles of the Amazon and along the rivers of the northern deltas. Our Emperors, Our Gods, brought forth legions of unstoppable might as we defeated monsters from both the depths of the earth and from other foreign regions, but no matter who or what defied us, we reduced them to burning husks of flesh. In time we came to control the entire continent with both our might and our acumen for diplomacy and discussion. From there we were given the responsibility of protecting this continent from aggressors and invaders, which, with the guidance of our Gods, we fulfilled. There existed a single continent, a beacon of peace and stability in the world were all men and women gathered to worship the God-Emperor who forged such order. Our world was complete.

But it was not to last, opulence bred decay and the True God became a carcass of His former self. Order withered away and aggressors formed around our continent and within. Fires ignited across the land and we could hear the cries of millions, all at once, as their souls vanished from the earth. Fires of red, orange, yellow, and blue burned for years as warlords threw bombs at each other as their people died underneath. Disease swept across the lands and in the wake a new empire rose and attempted to do what our God did in years past. But their foreign blood was impure they could not unite the lands and in the cry of flame perished from the continent.

This is where our story will begin again. A new breath of freedom has blown across South America and from it we shall rise, we shall write our history greater than those who have come before us, to honor our Gods and to the Goddess who reigns over you now!

Our Theocracy shall usher in a new age of Enlightenment and strength!

Roxa[/i]!"

---

A message was delivered to the Mexican leadership governing the region near Santiago:

[i]Most Gracious Viceroy,

Surely by know you have heard the cries of a people demanding their independence. We, the Roxan Theocracy, are the last true remnants of the past Holy American Empire. We were once the heirs and controllers of this great continent, but those days have since faded from history. Our people have since settled throughout the Andean Mountains, displaced by Peru and other nations who have come to rise amongst our people. Now, we have the strength to stand on our own and defend ourselves.

I, Isabel Roxas, humbly beseech your nation's leadership to grant us our wishes so that we may once again live in the freedom of the mountains and bask in the glory of independence.[/i]

[quote name='Sarah Tintagyl' timestamp='1348291629' post='3032968']

[i]Most Gracious Viceroy,

Surely by know you have heard the cries of a people demanding their independence. We, the Roxan Theocracy, are the last true remnants of the past Holy American Empire. We were once the heirs and controllers of this great continent, but those days have since faded from history. Our people have since settled throughout the Andean Mountains, displaced by Peru and other nations who have come to rise amongst our people. Now, we have the strength to stand on our own and defend ourselves.

I, Isabel Roxas, humbly beseech your nation's leadership to grant us our wishes so that we may once again live in the freedom of the mountains and bask in the glory of independence.[/i]
[/quote]

[quote]Isabel Roxas,

Just as we have asked of other governments in our protectorate regions, and even those seeking land in our protectorate regions, we will need to arrange a meeting to discuss the first steps you will be taking as a nation. We are cautious about people claiming they represent an entire group of people, through whatever means they describe to us. Before we will grant your government the ability to rule, we will need you to meet with Secretary Patricia Espinosa in Mexico City. This is merely a formality so we may get to know the government who wants to rule in the protectorate.

Sincerely,

Undersecretary Norma Pensado[/quote]

A few days later after the Undersecretary's message was received, Isabel and her entourage, consisting of warriors and civic ministers, arrived in Mexico city to meet with Espinosa for the formal creation of the Theocracy. They arrived with no pomp, only with a Spartan display of Roxan hopes and dreams. Isabel was, after all, not a queen or an empress, but she modeled herself as a warlord and commander. Both she and her ministers and generals looked similar in their uniforms and the long swords they carried at their sides. Upon the Roxan delegation's arrival, Isabel asked to be introduced to the Mexican government so that she could finish negotiations as quickly as possible.

There was a great country to build and she had many plans already working through her mind.