Sparta signs NpO

Yerushalayim

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1348713256' post='3034580']
Isn't that what I just said and have said on numerous occasions? I'd like to see you convince those dummies that there are other options and paths to take.
[/quote]

[img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif[/img]

Cop out.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1348712054' post='3034574']
You are joking aren't you? You are basically threatening me and my alliance? Really, you sure you want to go there?
[/quote]

Try me, Grub. Just try me.

[quote name='Dajobo' timestamp='1348719280' post='3034612']
lol Thalayk and well said!
We actually have done this already but a few stragglers keep escaping the room and muddy up the waters here.
[/quote]

I believe that. Getting into a pissing (is that ok to say?) contest here, although entertaining, certainly doesn't help anyone's case.

This thread is for Polaris and Sparta's achievement, not a childish showdown. I understand a lot of these comments are personal, but take it elsewhere. Show some respect for the aforementioned alliances, and in the case of Siberia, at least for Sparta.

I will reiterate my earlier o/ to you both :)

Edited by Thalayk

[quote name='Jacob Reiffenstein' timestamp='1348735172' post='3034696']
Try me, Grub. Just try me.
[/quote]

Okay tough guy, consider yourself ''tried'' ... if only you had the authority to actually do anything other than talk tough I would be more impressed. I think you are over reaching, but feel free to post that DoW whenever you are ready.... It isn't hard, I have done it a number of times, sometimes for a lot less offense than you are claiming, but I think you have your ability and your ambition mixed up, not an uncommon trait for your alliance.

Sufficient? Or would you prefer I actually tried to upset you?

As much as it makes me cringe, I am going to go all ODN on you and ask that no STA member under the rank of Supreme Chancellor post any further in this thread unless their comments are positive and on topic. I don't really enjoy taking time out from my hard-earned vacation to put out silly spotfires.

Carry on.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1348707107' post='3034501']
I assumed the reigns of power completely unprepared for the position,
[/quote]
Ok, so I was not pointing out anything new to you. Umbrella was ranked, by Bob, perhaps the most powerful single alliance on the planet prior to your enthroning. It's unfortunate you didn't understand that well enough to truly capitalize on it. Generally, alliance leaders take a position of power in an attempt to provide well reasoned guidance and foresight to their community......................maybe next time.

EDIT: swooping in for a late edit to make my post conform to the ToS!

Edited by Enamel32

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1348800842' post='3035045']
Sparta and Polar allied once again. Congrats. Good to see all that bad blood can be put aside and people can move on. Maybe something STA and NpO should keep in mind. Also hello Tyga, Grub, and Random.
[/quote]

No hello for me? I'm going to cry myself to sleep :~

[quote name='Enamel32' timestamp='1348793717' post='3035007']
Ok, so I was not pointing out anything new to you. Umbrella was ranked, by Bob, perhaps the most powerful single alliance on the planet prior to your enthroning. It's unfortunate you didn't understand that well enough to truly capitalize on it. Generally, alliance leaders take a position of power in an attempt to provide well reasoned guidance and foresight to their community......................maybe next time.

EDIT: swooping in for a late edit to make my post conform to the ToS!
[/quote]

Lets call a spade a spade for a minute. The only satisfactory (to you) way that he or anyone else could have capitalized on that, would be to unconditionally side with Sparta and abandon DH. Had he done that, it could have been considered equally weak, but you would love him for it. Stop being moronically disingenuous about him not "taking advantage" of his power.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1348803690' post='3035059']
Lets call a spade a spade for a minute. The only satisfactory (to you) way that he or anyone else could have capitalized on that, would be to unconditionally side with Sparta and abandon DH. Had he done that, it could have been considered equally weak, but you would love him for it. Stop being moronically disingenuous about him not "taking advantage" of his power.
[/quote]
I realize you're trying to protect the hive. Good for you. I can appreciate that, but are you not reading what he just said in the last several posts?

He just said, he would have preferred not to have DH become Umb's sole FA path, but he didn't say a word and let the membership of umb do whatever they wanted.

That's got nothing to do with Sparta. It shows a clear inability to project his own vision to guide the alliance, which is exactly what a leader is supposed to do. Umb was highly respected across the board primarily because of Roq's legacy. Had JA been more assertive and not lost sight of the amount of power Umb really had, perhaps things would be different today. Perhaps, they wouldn't look like the lapdog of a multitude of alliances. Does that mean things would have been different for Sparta? I guess, potentially. Without doubt, I wish things played out differently, just as much if not more, than you wish the events didn't play out differently.

Edited by Enamel32

[quote name='Enamel32' timestamp='1348810634' post='3035094']
I realize you're trying to protect the hive. Good for you. I can appreciate that, but are you not reading what he just said in the last several posts?

He just said, he would have preferred not to have DH become Umb's sole FA path, but he didn't say a word and let the membership of umb do whatever they wanted.

That's got nothing to do with Sparta. It shows a clear inability to project his own vision to guide the alliance, which is exactly what a leader is supposed to do. Umb was highly respected across the board primarily because of Roq's legacy. Had JA been more assertive and not lost sight of the amount of power Umb really had, perhaps things would be different today. Perhaps, they wouldn't look like the lapdog of a multitude of alliances. Does that mean things would have been different for Sparta? I guess, potentially. Without doubt, I wish things played out differently, just as much if not more, than you wish the events didn't play out differently.
[/quote]

Knowing what I know of Sparta today I honestly see why being known as a lapdog of multiple alliances can be much more appealing than being an ally of yours.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1348836771' post='3035136']
Knowing what I know of Sparta today I honestly see why being known as a lapdog of multiple alliances can be much more appealing than being an ally of yours.
[/quote]

Am I the only one who finds irony in a member of Umbrella labeling another alliance a lapdog?

[quote name='Enamel32' timestamp='1348810634' post='3035094']

[/quote]

You are being intentionally dismissive of facts. Umbrella as an alliance is a democracy, in a democracy, the leader is expected to serve the will of the members, not to force the members to serve the will of the leader. Who are you to judge whether or not he capitalized on his power? What could he have done in YOUR eyes, that would mean he "capitalized" on his power. Had he been more assertive and done WHAT? Continued to ride the fence between 2 sides destined for war, with no power to stop it? Here is some more food for thought, I wish it had played out differently too. I wish they had made no effort to protect or limit damage to Sparta, that VE had not made any effort to protect or limit the damage to GOD. War is war, if you do not pick a solid side, then stand aside, dont ride the fence.

[quote name='bkphysics' timestamp='1348847911' post='3035185']
Am I the only one who finds irony in a member of Umbrella labeling another alliance a lapdog?
[/quote]

Lapdog is officially the most over-used , and often wrong label in all of CN. Its good to see people keeping up the tradition.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1348848983' post='3035198']
You are being intentionally dismissive of facts. Umbrella as an alliance is a democracy, in a democracy, the leader is expected to serve the will of the members, not to force the members to serve the will of the leader. Who are you to judge whether or not he capitalized on his power? What could he have done in YOUR eyes, that would mean he "capitalized" on his power. Had he been more assertive and done WHAT? Continued to ride the fence between 2 sides destined for war, with no power to stop it? Here is some more food for thought, I wish it had played out differently too. I wish they had made no effort to protect or limit damage to Sparta, that VE had not made any effort to protect or limit the damage to GOD. War is war, if you do not pick a solid side, then stand aside, dont ride the fence.
[/quote]

Oh good. CnG and now Umbrella.

See, the problem is Rush unlike yourself JA admits he screwed up.

He doesn't quite apologize for !@#$@#$ up royally, but that he admits he would've handled things differently is telling. To say he didn't have any opportunities or that his allies weren't willing to help him out is just complete !@#$%^&*. Umbrella could have done a myriad of things but for one reason or another threw its lot in with a select few alliances. People who were out to cripple some of its long-term allies for short term gains that were meaningless to Umbrella. The funniest !@#$ is, here you are -- tacitly giving Umbrella !@#$ for doing the absolute least for its allies.

Which is exactly what I told Umbrella its allies (some no longer,) and the beneficiaries would do.

The fact of the matter is allies in your whole circle of CnG world, et al are completely ungrateful. In a conflict Umbrella nothing to gain from yields some of its oldest allies and here you are !@#$%*ing about how they didn't twist the knife as hard as you would have. It's like when I had to hear about how hard it was for Umbrella, the strongest alliance in the game (See: Having a Democracy doesn't suddenly make them handicapped, you just need a strong leader who will do what's right and can convince others (see: lead,) to do what's best for the alliance,) to have to tell others that its allies weren't to be $%&@ed with. Boo !@#$@#$ hoo. On the other hand you had a group of long term friends who had gone to bat for Umbrella in the past left to the wolves and being told they were lucky Umbrella didn't play Brutus first hand. Oh, the bad news? They'll just let their best friends in MK & Co. take the lead and we'll pretend not attacking you is a favor.

At least you're consistent on how others should serve your own interests and not their own/their allies is consistent with CnG and non-allies...

[img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif[/img]

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1348850947' post='3035213']
Oh good. CnG and now Umbrella.

See, the problem is Rush unlike yourself JA admits he screwed up.

He doesn't quite apologize for !@#$@#$ up royally, but that he admits he would've handled things differently is telling. To say he didn't have any opportunities or that his allies weren't willing to help him out is just complete !@#$%^&*. Umbrella could have done a myriad of things but for one reason or another threw its lot in with a select few alliances. People who were out to cripple some of its long-term allies for short term gains that were meaningless to Umbrella. The funniest !@#$ is, here you are -- tacitly giving Umbrella !@#$ for doing the absolute least for its allies.

Which is exactly what I told Umbrella its allies (some no longer,) and the beneficiaries would do.

The fact of the matter is allies in your whole circle of CnG world, et al are completely ungrateful. In a conflict Umbrella nothing to gain from yields some of its oldest allies and here you are !@#$%*ing about how they didn't twist the knife as hard as you would have. It's like when I had to hear about how hard it was for Umbrella, the strongest alliance in the game (See: Having a Democracy doesn't suddenly make them handicapped, you just need a strong leader who will do what's right and can convince others (see: lead,) to do what's best for the alliance,) to have to tell others that its allies weren't to be $%&@ed with. Boo !@#$@#$ hoo. On the other hand you had a group of long term friends who had gone to bat for Umbrella in the past left to the wolves and being told they were lucky Umbrella didn't play Brutus first hand. Oh, the bad news? They'll just let their best friends in MK & Co. take the lead and we'll pretend not attacking you is a favor.

At least you're consistent on how others should serve your own interests and not their own/their allies is consistent with CnG and non-allies...

[/quote]

You speak as if he had clear-cut better choices. Better is subjective. Better for Sparta is probably not so good for ODN-MK-GOONS. Your complete and utter refusal to see this is ridiculous, because you are not that stupid. You just subscribe to the belief that he should have chosen one ally over another, which, as a whole, is what Umbrella the alliance did. Your issue with it is in that he did not make the choice that YOU think he should have made, he may not have even made the one that he thinks he should have made, but if he did, as he said, chose what he gauged the will of the alliance to be, then not me, not you, and not even him, can say with a 100% honest tone, that he did the wrong thing. Doing what the majority of your alliance wants to do, can NEVER be the wrong thing.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1348853792' post='3035233']
You speak as if he had clear-cut better choices. Better is subjective. Better for Sparta is probably not so good for ODN-MK-GOONS. Your complete and utter refusal to see this is ridiculous, because you are not that stupid. You just subscribe to the belief that he should have chosen one ally over another, which, as a whole, is what Umbrella the alliance did. Your issue with it is in that he did not make the choice that YOU think he should have made, he may not have even made the one that he thinks he should have made, but if he did, as he said, chose what he gauged the will of the alliance to be, then not me, not you, and not even him, can say with a 100% honest tone, that he did the wrong thing. Doing what the majority of your alliance wants to do, can NEVER be the wrong thing.
[/quote]

Uh. No. I didn't say that at all. Unlike your kind I don't actively manipulate folks for my own purpose. I actually talk with them about what they can do and what effects their actions will have rather than assuming their participation and cursing them out if they don't play ball.

I can't speak for Sparta but there were a myriad of things that were talked about and not one of them included Umbrella actually fighting for us. Surprise. Shocker.

But I guess that would be hard for your kind to understand considering you were always focused on how to use Umbrella rather than wondering if destroying two of its long term allies for more !@#$%*ing in return was a smart long-term bet for them.

I don't think anyone's ever accused me of being an apologist for Umbrella but when I see people from a year ago try to twist their balls when they did so much for ungrateful !@#$%*ing in return I just feel sorry for them.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1348849054' post='3035199']
Lapdog is officially the most over-used , and often wrong label in all of CN. Its good to see people keeping up the tradition.
[/quote]

I agree. Lusitan of Umbrella must cherish tradition for bringing it up. Darn you!!! <shakes fist>