Sparta signs NpO

Yerushalayim

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1348707107' post='3034501']
Maybe I just don't get as riled up as you over !@#$%* playground insults? idk

Umbrella is a democracy and it's what the majority of the alliance wanted to do. I was the President by default because Roq left, therefore it was my responsibility to act with my alliance's interests at heart instead of pursuing any personal agendas, had I been elected on a platform of supporting Sparta then I would've helped you, but I wasn't, I assumed the reigns of power completely unprepared for the position, I asked my alliance what they wanted to do and did it. You understand how democracy works right?
[/quote]

You do understand that a Democracy elects officials to do what's best for the alliance regardless of the popularity of a decision, not just what the alliance wants at any given time, right?

Either you do and this was the best spin you could put on doing what you thought was best for the alliance or you're just a really poor salesman and a weak leader who was in way over their head.

Edited by IYIyTh

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jacob Reiffenstein' timestamp='1348705772' post='3034493']
Grub, you better knock off your attacks against our Chancellor or else there's going to be real trouble between our alliances. As STA's Minister of Defence, I will confirm to you and every Polar on this thread that everything Pez has said and done during her tenures as Foreign Affairs Minister and Chancellor were done at the behest of Tyga and with his full backing. Her words were [u]HIS[/u] words. If you don't like it, then take it up with him.

This thread just confirms that STA made the right move in cancelling the Permafrost Treaty. It's a crying shame that we did not do it sooner. And just so you know, [u]YOU[/u] were the one who first cracked our mutual alliance with your incompetence during Bi-Polar War, and not Pez, or anything she said or done.
[/quote]

It's public comments like this, pez's, Grub's, and a couple others that are the reason there was and is trouble between our alliances, not because someone dare disagree with your leaders. There was a time when things like this were discussed in private, not in public. And that you would come here to the OWF to kick and scream while simultaneously there is a real discussion going on between our alliances shows that there is no real commitment from you to actually repair the relationship.

Airing dirty laundry is not the way to fix issues.

[quote name='Mergerberger II' timestamp='1348709819' post='3034530']
It's public comments like this, pez's, Grub's, and a couple others that are the reason there was and is trouble between our alliances, not because someone dare disagree with your leaders. There was a time when things like this were discussed in private, not in public. And that you would come here to the OWF to kick and scream while simultaneously there is a real discussion going on between our alliances shows that there is no real commitment from you to actually repair the relationship.

Airing dirty laundry is not the way to fix issues.
[/quote]

Sorry bub, but I'm not going to let thugs like Grub publicly beat up on our Chancellor. If you've got a problem with my comments, then tough.

[quote name='Jacob Reiffenstein' timestamp='1348710130' post='3034535']
Sorry bub, but I'm not going to let thugs like Grub publicly beat up on our Chancellor. If you've got a problem with my comments, then tough.
[/quote]

But you're perfectly okay with your chancellor walking into a thread between a former ally and another entity publicly acting like a petulant child and inciting Grub to say such things in response.

While I admire your tenacity in the defense of your own, perhaps best to gather the context first.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1348710461' post='3034537']
But you're perfectly okay with your chancellor walking into a thread between a former ally and another entity publicly acting like a petulant child [u]and inciting Grub to say such things in response[/u].

While I admire your tenacity in the defense of your own, perhaps best to gather the context first.
[/quote]

Blame the victim, eh?

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1348699622' post='3034453']I didn't !@#$ up your thread, dude.[/quote]Dredging up an old criticism of us from two wars ago, which your original post clearly did, is not a good faith gesture, it is not the act of a friend and it cannot be played off as some kind of benign triviality. You are either came into this thread looking for a fight or because you thought you could sling mud at us at whim. Either way, it is entirely reminiscent of your completely classless handling of STA's side of our relationship.

[quote name='Jacob Reiffenstein' timestamp='1348710743' post='3034542']
Blame the victim, eh?
[/quote]

Uh. What? Are you trying to claim Pez is a victim after waltzing into a thread between your former long-term ally and its new ally and posting this:

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1348450943' post='3033489']
Will there be a contest to see who can get the most people into peace mode when the next war breaks out? That sounds like a great way to mingle with each other and strengthen your bond!
[/quote]

That Grub or any Polaris member responded to this is exactly what Pez wanted so I don't see what the problem is.

Apologies Polaris/Sparta on the disturbance, I'm sure you expected as such. It was an honor to fight you Polaris and it will be an honor to fight with you and Sparta both in the future.

[quote name='Jacob Reiffenstein' timestamp='1348710743' post='3034542']Blame the victim, eh?[/quote]Look a the thread you are in. We did not invade an STA thread and we did not pick a fight. Pez, on the other hand, did both and your attempts to frame her as a victim of her own bad choices is utterly inane.

Sparta and Polaris have been working with each other and getting to know each other for quite a while now, and I've long thought that this treaty was inevitable. Sparta are great folks and I'm thrilled that we could finally formalize our ties.

To all who have decided to derail and trash our announcement, well, it's pretty disappointing. We don't !@#$ on your lawn, don't !@#$ on ours.

[quote name='Jacob Reiffenstein' timestamp='1348705772' post='3034493']
Grub, you better knock off your attacks against our Chancellor or else there's going to be real trouble between our alliances. As STA's Minister of Defence, I will confirm to you and every Polar on this thread that everything Pez has said and done during her tenures as Foreign Affairs Minister and Chancellor were done at the behest of Tyga and with his full backing. Her words were [u]HIS[/u] words. If you don't like it, then take it up with him.

This thread just confirms that STA made the right move in cancelling the Permafrost Treaty. It's a crying shame that we did not do it sooner. And just so you know, [u]YOU[/u] were the one who first cracked our mutual alliance with your incompetence during Bi-Polar War, and not Pez, or anything she said or done.
[/quote]

You are joking aren't you? You are basically threatening me and my alliance? Really, you sure you want to go there? I think you are well out of your depth as usual.

Your knowledge of Bi-Polar is obviously seriously lacking, but then I guess you believe Pezstar's every word blindly, so I don't expect anything more from you.

I await your DoW on my alliance or piss off and annoy someone else.

Edited by AlmightyGrub

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1348708166' post='3034513']
You do understand that a Democracy elects officials to do what's best for the alliance regardless of the popularity of a decision, not just what the alliance wants at any given time, right?

Either you do and this was the best spin you could put on doing what you thought was best for the alliance or you're just a really poor salesman and [b]a weak leader who was in way over their head.[/b]
[/quote]

Isn't that what I just said and have said on numerous occasions? I'd like to see you convince those dummies that there are other options and paths to take.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1348712054' post='3034574']
You are joking aren't you? You are basically threatening me and my alliance? Really, you sure you want to go there? [b]I think you are well out of your depth as usual.[/b]

Your knowledge of Bi-Polar is obviously seriously lacking, but then I guess you believe Pezstar's every word blindly, so I don't expect anything more from you.

[/quote]

If the bolded section is referring to his ability to threaten your alliance, he his not out of his depth. Polar is still in much the same weak position you put it in as it's still relatively isolated from the larger web.

Moving beyond the flexing contest between former allies....

It's good to see Polar making some moves again. Hopefully this signals a reduction in the Polar stigma and allows NpO to take a larger role in politics. This world is more dynamic when Polar is active in shaping it. I look forward to seeing what comes in the months ahead.

[quote name='RandomInterrupt' timestamp='1348711927' post='3034573']
Sparta and Polaris have been working with each other and getting to know each other for quite a while now, and I've long thought that this treaty was inevitable. Sparta are great folks and I'm thrilled that we could finally formalize our ties.

To all who have decided to derail and trash our announcement, well, it's pretty disappointing. We don't !@#$ on your lawn, don't !@#$ on ours.
[/quote]
I totally agree with this, over the last few months I have gotten to know quite a few Polar members pretty well, I thought this treaty was coming up and I was greeted with this wonderful post by Yeru.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1348712054' post='3034574']
You are joking aren't you? You are basically threatening me and my alliance? Really, you sure you want to go there? I think you are well out of your depth as usual.

[/quote]

Truer words were never spoken.

[quote name='Thalayk' timestamp='1348717112' post='3034600']
Siberia, Polaris, either take this to IRC, another thread, or just go to war already and be done with it.

Congratulations to NpO and Sparta on this :)
[/quote]
lol Thalayk and well said!
We actually have done this already but a few stragglers keep escaping the room and muddy up the waters here.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1348679534' post='3034349']
Honestly, visit our forums. We've got a thread open with you guys right now discussing it. Yes, I represent the majority view, and no, that doesn't mean we don't still care very much about you. We do. But you guys really screwed up, alienated STA, and we were, and still are, hurt by it. That's the majority view. You're looking at my criticism as OH GOD THEY HATE US, and that's not what it is at all. It's criticism.

Frankly, if you "can't believe that's the majority view", you are living under a rock. Do you think we cancelled our treaty with you because we were HAPPY?
[/quote]

Just signed up for a diplomat mask. Thanks for the invite.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1348713256' post='3034580']
Isn't that what I just said and have said on numerous occasions? I'd like to see you convince those dummies that there are other options and paths to take.
[/quote]
problem is convincing an alliance based on the theory of trying to be out of range of literally everyone to war against to actually put all those pixels at risk, It's incredibly unfortunate an alliance so powerful is so weak FA wise.