Sparta signs NpO

Yerushalayim

[quote name='Lukapaka' timestamp='1348636354' post='3034217']
What a pleasant surprise, logging in and seeing this! :blush: I'm glad we've got something official going, Polar. Cheers!

Johnny, it's funny for you to warn Polar about our 'tantrums'. I really don't expect Polar to be as two-faced as you were in the months leading up to the war, so it shouldn't really be an issue.
[/quote]

Seeing you talk about two-faced in the leadup to that war is... amusing. How many conversations did we have(you and I, myself and other gov members), where you repeatedly reiterated that you had to remain committed to getting rolled alongside SF, and that you accepted that many of your friends were destined to be on the other side.... and that after the rolling, you planned to distance yourself from SF and XX and move back towards C&G, only to play it exactly the opposite when nukes began flying. I dont really care how you chose to play it, Ive come to accept the varying levels of honesty and integrity in CN, it was your alliance, and therefore your choice, but for you to take a jab at someone else for being two-faced? Come on man, it is said sarcastically a million times, but you ARE better than that.

Edited by Rush Sykes

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Polar/XX becomes even more integrated... interesting. Best of luck to you guys on the return (Polar) and recovery (Sparta).

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1348660181' post='3034294']
I didn't want Umb's FA base broken down to relying solely on DH (which ended up happening anyway yay)
[/quote]
Thanks from BN and Argent!

Edited by Max Power

Piss on those of you trashing the NpO-STA treaty. One of the best and longest treaties on this planet. I still have a lot of love for STA and I'd burn my nation for them in a heartbeat despite not having a treaty.

I just can't believe Pezstar represents the majority view. At least, I really hope not.

Anyway, it's time to celebrate, not grunt about the past.
o/ Sparta
o/ Polar

Edited by brokenhead

[quote name='brokenhead' timestamp='1348677906' post='3034344']
Piss on those of you trashing the NpO-STA treaty. One of the best and longest treaties on this planet. I still have a lot of love for STA and I'd burn my nation for them in a heartbeat despite not having a treaty.

I just can't believe Pezstar represents the majority view. At least, I really hope not.

Anyway, it's time to celebrate, not grunt about the past.
o/ Sparta
o/ Polar
[/quote]

Honestly, visit our forums. We've got a thread open with you guys right now discussing it. Yes, I represent the majority view, and no, that doesn't mean we don't still care very much about you. We do. But you guys really screwed up, alienated STA, and we were, and still are, hurt by it. That's the majority view. You're looking at my criticism as OH GOD THEY HATE US, and that's not what it is at all. It's criticism.

Frankly, if you "can't believe that's the majority view", you are living under a rock. Do you think we cancelled our treaty with you because we were HAPPY?

Edited by pezstar

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1348675247' post='3034336']
Seeing you talk about two-faced in the leadup to that war is... amusing. How many conversations did we have(you and I, myself and other gov members), where you repeatedly reiterated that you had to remain committed to getting rolled alongside SF, and that you accepted that many of your friends were destined to be on the other side.... and that after the rolling, you planned to distance yourself from SF and XX and move back towards C&G, only to play it exactly the opposite when nukes began flying. I dont really care how you chose to play it, Ive come to accept the varying levels of honesty and integrity in CN, it was your alliance, and therefore your choice, but for you to take a jab at someone else for being two-faced? Come on man, it is said sarcastically a million times, but you ARE better than that.
[/quote]
You admit we said we were committed to XX/SF coalition. We stayed committed to XX/SF. What we thought we might be interested in doing postwar is entirely irrelevant. As time and the war progressed, CnG actions prompted a severe internal backlash in Sparta, I suspect thus nullifying any prior statements that may have been made.

Don't bs me Luka, we both ended up doing things that shafted the other(admittedly you got shafted more than me, sorry) but it was never with malicious intent,[/quote]
You admit you $%&@ed us in the ass harder than we supposedly $%&@ed you, and yet you're still here bawwwing over trivial matters that ultimately had little impact on you. $%&@ you JA.

we were simply trying to please too many people and get our own way at the same time.[/quote]
Where I come from they call that having no balls.

It was obvious our FA strategies simply did not line up anymore but you felt you had a debt to collect from us and I didn't want Umb's FA base broken down to relying solely on DH (which ended up happening anyway yay)
[/quote]
You didn't want your FA to be solely DH, but you chose to ride DH like some tool on a crotch rocket? I can't say I have much sympathy for you.

[quote name='Enamel32' timestamp='1348682005' post='3034359']
You admit we said we were committed to XX/SF coalition. We stayed committed to XX/SF. What we thought we might be interested in doing postwar is entirely irrelevant. As time and the war progressed, CnG actions prompted a severe internal backlash in Sparta, I suspect thus nullifying any prior statements that may have been made.

You admit you $%&@ed us in the ass harder than we supposedly $%&@ed you, and yet you're still here bawwwing over trivial matters that ultimately had little impact on you. $%&@ you JA.

Where I come from they call that having no balls.

You didn't want your FA to be solely DH, but you chose to ride DH like some tool on a crotch rocket? I can't say I have much sympathy for you.
[/quote]

The two-facedness comes from telling those on the other side in the lead up, that after you fought the war to its conclusion you wanted to "get away from those who like sitting around and doing nothing".... that kind of talk about your allies WHILE planning to get rolled alongside of them IS two-faced, whether you want to admit to it or not.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1348682715' post='3034360']
The two-facedness comes from telling those on the other side in the lead up, that after you fought the war to its conclusion you wanted to "get away from those who like sitting around and doing nothing".... that kind of talk about your allies WHILE planning to get rolled alongside of them IS two-faced, whether you want to admit to it or not.
[/quote]
We had an IOU with SF. No one denies we weren't happy with some of the crew in SF, but we didn't feel that negated the IOU. Umb had a wealth of uncashed IOU's with sparta and instead of making good, chose to pretend history didn't exist. Whatever, that's fine, but remember JA's the one coming out here and bawwing about how Sparta was trying to take advantage of him. That's !@#$@#$ horse!@#$ my friend, and I think you are more than smart enough to recognize that.

[quote name='Enamel32' timestamp='1348683061' post='3034362']
We had an IOU with SF. No one denies we weren't happy with some of the crew in SF, but we didn't feel that negated the IOU. Umb had a wealth of uncashed IOU's with sparta and instead of making good, chose to pretend history didn't exist. Whatever, that's fine, but remember JA's the one coming out here and bawwing about how Sparta was trying to take advantage of him. That's !@#$@#$ horse!@#$ my friend, and I think you are more than smart enough to recognize that.
[/quote]

And that just cements that Luka's portraying of JA as two-faced was 100% hypocritical, which , in the end, was my point.. the point was never to re-hash what happened or who felt what, but to warn someone in a glass house of the danger of throwing stones.

[quote name='Enamel32' timestamp='1348683061' post='3034362']
[/quote]

I'm not saying you tried to take advantage of me, you're not capable of that. I'm saying your leaders were talking out of both sides of their mouth as much as I was because we both had allies on separate sides.

Also I came to this thread for a bit of old fashioned mudslinging, I really couldn't care less about what happened back then. For what it's worth, had I tried to get us to not roll with DH it would've been shot down by the majority of the alliance, it's why I didn't bother and you got shafted instead.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1348679534' post='3034349']Do you think we cancelled our treaty with you because we were HAPPY?[/quote]I think most Polars accept that we bear most of the responsibility for the cancellation and the deterioration of relations between our respective alliances. I think a lot of people, however, are misconstruing your role in representing STA now and are misunderstanding Polar's understanding of the dynamics of the cancellation. Confused? Allow me to clarify:

You are an incredibly decent person Pez, but as an alliance leader, at least where Polar is concerned, you are a train wreck. You leaked information like a sieve, you seized literally every opportunity to air dirty laundry, you seemingly relished picking fights with our members in public, and you appeared happy to illuminate your path forward in the night with the torches you used to unnecessarily burn bridges. When I say I have never seen Polar's leadership have a harder time dealing with an allied leader, I am including the leadership of NPO circa 2008 and MK's leaders on bad days. At least both of them understood that not every miscommunication was an intolerable betrayal, nor every failure an evil conspiracy designed to maliciously exploit them.

So when Polars talk about how you cannot possibly represent STA as a whole, what they mean is they cannot begin to believe that your headstrong, short-sighted and utterly classless modus operandi is representative of STA's membership as a whole, because we remember them as dedicated, respectful and friendly paragons of excellence. And when we talk about how the end of our formal relationship was not entirely our fault, we mean how your incredibly ham-handed and shrewish attempts to defend STA's interests poisoned the well for [i][b]every[/b][/i] Polar leader and fatally undermined our collective willingness to work hand-in-hand with STA, as that meant working with you and that was often times unpleasant. Even on good days.

Maybe, in the end, that unwillingness on our part, and it's role in the end of our relationship, is not actually your fault. Maybe we could have tried harder to develop other avenues of communication to save a relationship we held in such high regard. But hell, we're only human. Probably would not have made a difference anyway, given our other mistakes and failings.

Edit: Also hello Sparta. Nice treaty.

Edited by Fallen Fool

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1348675247' post='3034336']
[/quote]
You can't really fault an alliance for sticking with their allies who were just attacked. That should actually be a compliment. When the nukes started flying, they didn't choose the winning side as you said.

That alone is a compliment. Not sure why you are giving them grief over that.

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1348696071' post='3034426']
Lots of stuff
[/quote]

And I'm telling you right now that every "heavy handed" thing I did, and I mean EVERYTHING, was 100% at the behest and order of Tyga. You see me as the bad guy, because I was the messenger. When I say that I spoke, and speak, for STA, I'm not just saying it because RAWR PEZ IS SUCH A !@#$%*. I'm saying it because I did it at the behest of Tyga. The ultimatums? Literally copied and pasted from the words Tyga told me to use. The threats? Same thing. The e-yelling? Exactly the same. He couldn't be on IRC. The situation was relayed to him in real time on our forum.

But you're not going to go on a tirade about how awful Tyga is, are you? No. Of course not. That would be uncouth.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1348698027' post='3034443']But you're not going to go on a tirade about how awful Tyga is, are you? No. Of course not. That would be uncouth.[/quote]Tygaland ordered you to come and !@#$ up our thread? He had nothing better for you, his second-in-command, to do? I do not think so and I cannot imagine he was holding your hand every second of every day, 'cause in all the years I have known him he has never struck me as a micro manager.

That is not to say Tygaland was even remotely content with Polar, that he should have been, or that I think he disapproved of all of your actions. It is to say that hiding behind Tygaland's skirts is a cheap and entirely vapid defense of your actions.

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1348699310' post='3034450']
Tygaland ordered you to come and !@#$ up our thread? He had nothing better for you, his second-in-command, to do? I do not think so and I cannot imagine he was holding your hand every second of every day, 'cause in all the years I have known him he has never struck me as a micro manager.

That is not to say Tygaland was even remotely content with Polar, that he should have been, or that I think he disapproved of all of your actions. It is to say that hiding behind Tygaland's skirts is a cheap and entirely vapid defense of your actions.
[/quote]

I didn't !@#$ up your thread, dude. A huge portion of your alliance sat in peace mode while mine fought your war. It's a fact. I'm sorry that bothers you, but it's what happened.

I was referring to the actions you were referring to in your previous post. You know... the one in which you !@#$ all over me and pointed your finger at me. I'm telling you that I did what I did on the orders of Tyga, word for word, and I'm telling you that your issue with me in that regard is misplaced. Not that I disapproved of what was said, mind you.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1348685685' post='3034371']
And that just cements that Luka's portraying of JA as two-faced was 100% hypocritical, which , in the end, was my point.. the point was never to re-hash what happened or who felt what, but to warn someone in a glass house of the danger of throwing stones.
[/quote]
Well, I think your summation is offbase, but I've made my case and I'm not going to go in circles on this. Good day.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1348687567' post='3034381']
For what it's worth, had I tried to get us to not roll with DH it would've been shot down by the majority of the alliance, it's why I didn't bother and you got shafted instead.
[/quote]
Jesus. What isjklrajklgra;piorae;jkl;jkltrabn,.rmaw;tgjkl,alke;grjkabgr

Do you enjoy being called a ball-less leader? I would personally be grossly offended with that accusation. I'm a lot of things: arrogant, cocky, even a jackass. Being called ball-less is something I would not stand for. I wish I could say I'm being a prick here bud, but this is the second time I'm simply highlighting your own verbalization.

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1348697045' post='3034436']
You can't really fault an alliance for sticking with their allies who were just attacked. That should actually be a compliment. When the nukes started flying, they didn't choose the winning side as you said.

That alone is a compliment. Not sure why you are giving them grief over that.
[/quote]

Sticking with them while actively trash talking then AND planning to bail, IS two-faced... it wasnt their allies best interests they were concerned about in that leadup, it was their own reputation.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1348699622' post='3034453']
I didn't !@#$ up your thread, dude. A huge portion of your alliance sat in peace mode while mine fought your war. It's a fact. I'm sorry that bothers you, but it's what happened.

I was referring to the actions you were referring to in your previous post. You know... the one in which you !@#$ all over me and pointed your finger at me. I'm telling you that I did what I did on the orders of Tyga, word for word, and I'm telling you that your issue with me in that regard is misplaced. Not that I disapproved of what was said, mind you.
[/quote]

Hi Pez,

I would suggest our issue with you is 100% correct. Tyga had a very direct route and an extremely forthright communication style. I could compare his exact words to us with you version of his exact words and find great disparity. Personally, whilst I am grateful for the relationship and all that it entailed, now we have moved on, I would rather gouge my bowels out with a dry stick than endure being allied to alliance that has you in leadership. You personally are untrustworthy at best, a bare faced liar at worst, a two faced manipulator at heart. Kind of a lot like me really but at least I can admit what I have done. You seem content to think your poisonous behaviour is above reproach, you seem naive enough to believe we don't have friends in the wider world and you seem to believe that you are some kind of special exception to the rules of diplomacy amongst allies.

But thanks for showing up in a treaty announcement to condemn us again, we do appreciate how close to your heart we really are.

Actually on topic then:

Hi Sparta,

Thanks for the opportunity, I am sure we can work together well.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1348703816' post='3034480']
Hi Pez,

I would suggest our issue with you is 100% correct. Tyga had a very direct route and an extremely forthright communication style. I could compare his exact words to us with you version of his exact words and find great disparity. Personally, whilst I am grateful for the relationship and all that it entailed, now we have moved on, I would rather gouge my bowels out with a dry stick than endure being allied to alliance that has you in leadership. You personally are untrustworthy at best, a bare faced liar at worst, a two faced manipulator at heart. Kind of a lot like me really but at least I can admit what I have done. You seem content to think your poisonous behaviour is above reproach, you seem naive enough to believe we don't have friends in the wider world and you seem to believe that you are some kind of special exception to the rules of diplomacy amongst allies.

But thanks for showing up in a treaty announcement to condemn us again, we do appreciate how close to your heart we really are.

Actually on topic then:

Hi Sparta,

Thanks for the opportunity, I am sure we can work together well.
[/quote]

Grub, you better knock off your attacks against our Chancellor or else there's going to be real trouble between our alliances. As STA's Minister of Defence, I will confirm to you and every Polar on this thread that everything Pez has said and done during her tenures as Foreign Affairs Minister and Chancellor were done at the behest of Tyga and with his full backing. Her words were [u]HIS[/u] words. If you don't like it, then take it up with him.

This thread just confirms that STA made the right move in cancelling the Permafrost Treaty. It's a crying shame that we did not do it sooner. And just so you know, [u]YOU[/u] were the one who first cracked our mutual alliance with your incompetence during Bi-Polar War, and not Pez, or anything she said or done.

[quote name='Enamel32' timestamp='1348701839' post='3034465']
Jesus. What isjklrajklgra;piorae;jkl;jkltrabn,.rmaw;tgjkl,alke;grjkabgr

Do you enjoy being called a ball-less leader? I would personally be grossly offended with that accusation. I'm a lot of things: arrogant, cocky, even a jackass. Being called ball-less is something I would not stand for. I wish I could say I'm being a prick here bud, but this is the second time I'm simply highlighting your own verbalization.
[/quote]

Maybe I just don't get as riled up as you over !@#$%* playground insults? idk

Umbrella is a democracy and it's what the majority of the alliance wanted to do. I was the President by default because Roq left, therefore it was my responsibility to act with my alliance's interests at heart instead of pursuing any personal agendas, had I been elected on a platform of supporting Sparta then I would've helped you, but I wasn't, I assumed the reigns of power completely unprepared for the position, I asked my alliance what they wanted to do and did it. You understand how democracy works right?

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse