Sparta signs NpO

Yerushalayim

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1349180668' post='3036578']
The entire forums here were covered with slanderous crap immediately after it became official that Sparta told you to go $%&@ yourselves for suggesting they defend their allies instead of cancelling all of their treaties for you. Feigning ignorance over the fact doesn't buy you any cool points. Would you also like the piece of evidence where a government member of your alliance states he wishes for MHA to disband? Or does that not exist either? Perhaps maybe all of that evidence against your alliance being manipulate scum is just a dream conjured up by Xiphosis or something right?[/quote]
Point me to specific posts from MK gov members about [b][i]Sparta[/i][/b] [i]before[/i] the war.

MHA or anyone else is a red herring.

[quote]If that was the case why did you and several other of Umbrella's allies openly campaign for Umbrella to drop their treaties with Sparta and MHA outright? That speaks of something that is not very "fine," as you put it and is very disingenous to you to suggest you never took part in such rubbish. Umbrella had multiple options open and chose the winning side, and still get !@#$ from its allies for not directly attacking its allies or doing more to harm them than they already did.

There are posts littered in this very thread with CnG members and their allies confirming this. Saying that XX was just colatteral damage sounds nice and all but Umb's actions during and following were not that of allies. They had been manipulated into believing your spin that if you start a war in any given theatre they should just forget about any relationships/allies they have because their other allies wanted a war elsewhere. If we had asked for Umbrella to support a war against MK I'm pretty sure the answer wouldn't have been "Well okay, but we'll only hit CnG and not MK." Hah! The fact is Umbrella played favorites and got burned / still get burned by the people they let use them.

I know some of you have to pretend to not be massive #%&$@ and attempt to revise history or have to be good soldiers while still allied, but save the "Poor Umbrella," talk for someone who doesn't know any better.
[/quote]
You can talk all you want about Umbrella having many options but they had the same option that Sparta did, side with the majority of their allies or not, and chose the same option as Sparta did, to side with the majority of their allies. The sides going in were pretty clear and Sparta "played favorites" just as much by choosing FARK and SF over ODN and Umbrella.

Many of us were anti-MHA but not to the point of them being a main target by any stretch. There was some pressure to downgrade or cancel MHA/Sparta, much more for MHA, but that was more for their connections to the other side than because Sparta was bad itself, or that MHA had done anything bad. I can't speak for NG or any other big alliances on our side but for MK's part we tried to maintain decent relations with Sparta until the war started and were overall fine with Umbrella keeping Sparta.

Edited by Azaghul

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1349238192' post='3036920']
The sides going in were pretty clear and Sparta "played favorites" just as much by choosing FARK and SF over ODN and Umbrella.
[/quote]

No, we just really didn't like your demands to sit out rather than defending Fark, our ally, to 'prevent being collateral damage" as DH's request so inelegantly put it. It had very little (if any) to do with SF, as the RIA/Polar tie was rather last-minute in terms of how long the lead-up to the War lasted, and was honestly a surprise to our Govt when we read it.

That began the talks which ultimately led to the cancelling of RIA ties.

Either way, I'd still back Fark over Umbrella, as at least Fark has our back.

Lol @ ODN.

Edited by DeathAdder

[quote name='DeathAdder' timestamp='1349293506' post='3037081']
No, we just really didn't like your demands to sit out rather than defending Fark, our ally, to 'prevent being collateral damage" as DH's request so inelegantly put it. It had very little (if any) to do with SF, as the RIA/Polar tie was rather last-minute in terms of how long the lead-up to the War lasted, and was honestly a surprise to our Govt when we read it.

Lol @ ODN.
[/quote]

I'd say you all made the right choice :)

[/quote]

I look forward to the glorious day you'll exit peace mode during a war. Really look forward.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1349298564' post='3037118']
I look forward to the glorious day you'll exit peace mode during a war. Really look forward.
[/quote]

The same way we look forward to see Umbrella really fights a war.

[/quote]

And you'll do what exactly, the same thing you did when you were allied?

Edited by IYIyTh

Lol @ ODN.
[/quote]
We wanted you to sit out, but most all of us believed you would fight the war for XX. I'd already told Umbrella that we'd do what we could to minimize your exposure and arrange to have you primarily engaged by those who didn't want to see you reduced to rubble, then ashes, then the particulate remains of ashes, so that you might exit the war at precisely whatever time you deemed your debt to XX paid. Instead you pissed yourself and threw a hissy fit at ODN, wiping clean in an instant whatever respect we'd developed for you. So we walked away. It's not that you were on the other side, it's the manner in which you conducted yourself that earned the opprobrium of both the Kingdom and your former allies in Umbrella.

As for asking you to leave XX (as was mentioned in an earlier post, I believe), that came up when you Spartans suggested that we, Sparta and the Mushroom Kingdom, sign a damn treaty before any war could break out, wherein we made clear that we could not do so while you were in XX. Sparta was a bunch of fence-riders who got upset when they fell off the post and broke an arm. Whether your new leadership (which is you, I s'pose) is made of tougher stuff I don't know, but that's something only time can reveal.

Lol @ ODN.
[/quote]
So you were allowed to dislike and decline Umbrella trying to get you on their side and/or neutral, but Umbrella wasn't allowed to dislike and decline you trying to get them on your side and/or neutral. Gotcha.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1349309063' post='3037181']
Calls alliances fence-riders, is allied to ODN. :rolleyes:
[/quote]
Uses insult from 2008, thinks he's clever.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1349324063' post='3037240']
So you were allowed to dislike and decline Umbrella trying to get you on their side and/or neutral, but Umbrella wasn't allowed to dislike and decline you trying to get them on your side and/or neutral. Gotcha.
[/quote]

What the $%&@ does this even mean? Umbrella wasn't on a side until it chose to side with the people actively trying to harm their direct allies.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1349349717' post='3037294']
What the $%&@ does this even mean? Umbrella wasn't on a side until it chose to side with the people actively trying to harm their direct allies.
[/quote]

Doomhouse roll together even if there are OTPs on other sides.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1349305492' post='3037168']

As for asking you to leave XX (as was mentioned in an earlier post, I believe), that came up when you Spartans suggested that we, Sparta and the Mushroom Kingdom, sign a damn treaty before any war could break out, wherein we made clear that we could not do so while you were in XX.
[/quote]

Whoever suggest that to you .... Oh my should receive a troll award.. And you believed? Sparta would never, never have signed a treaty with MK.

To azhagul: To use Optional Defense Network is 2008? I think is much more appropriate now...

Edited by King Louis the II

We wanted you to sit out, but most all of us believed you would fight the war for XX. I'd already told Umbrella that we'd do what we could to minimize your exposure and arrange to have you primarily engaged by those who didn't want to see you reduced to rubble, then ashes, then the particulate remains of ashes, so that you might exit the war at precisely whatever time you deemed your debt to XX paid. Instead you pissed yourself and threw a hissy fit at ODN, wiping clean in an instant whatever respect we'd developed for you. So we walked away. It's not that you were on the other side, it's the manner in which you conducted yourself that earned the opprobrium of both the Kingdom and your former allies in Umbrella.

As for asking you to leave XX (as was mentioned in an earlier post, I believe), that came up when you Spartans suggested that we, Sparta and the Mushroom Kingdom, sign a damn treaty before any war could break out, wherein we made clear that we could not do so while you were in XX. Sparta was a bunch of fence-riders who got upset when they fell off the post and broke an arm. Whether your new leadership (which is you, I s'pose) is made of tougher stuff I don't know, but that's something only time can reveal.
[/quote]

This is how we felt and how it ultimately played out. Sparta talked big about how it would repay their debts and we were going to facilitate that but instead you acted like whiny !@#$%*es so we backed away from facilitating the minimization of your losses. In the end you tried to minimize them yourself by hiding your upper tier entirely in peace mode which lost you even more respect in our eyes. The conclusion of the war in which you pissed of Oly and co was another wonderful exercise of your alliance's ability to piss people off.

Seriously, I still find it humorous how it all played out. Out of all alliances on the opposite side you had it the easiest. It was almost not possible to $%&@ this up, but yet you did all of the things you could to do so.

Yes, because as it turned out -- having a treaty with Umbrella isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Unless you're MK.

Edited by IYIyTh

Oh sorry, I forgot about the OWF. :x

[/quote]

I've always been in Warmode during wars.

[/quote]

I don't recall ODN getting a whole lot of flak, at least not on our forums. GATO took the cake in that one.

As for asking you to leave XX (as was mentioned in an earlier post, I believe), that came up when you Spartans suggested that we, Sparta and the Mushroom Kingdom, sign a damn treaty before any war could break out, wherein we made clear that we could not do so while you were in XX. Sparta was a bunch of fence-riders who got upset when they fell off the post and broke an arm.
[/quote]

I was certainly never made aware of any treaty talk between either Alliance, and I highly doubt the majority of Gov or membership would go for such, so I dunno what to really say beyond someone had to have been trolling you, or needs to share whatever they were smoking and/or drinking at the time.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1349324063' post='3037240']
[/quote]

In my personal opinion, their mind was made up long before Luka asked them to help on their forums. That was actually a move I advised against and knew Umbrella -wouldn't- help us from the time I heard Fark was defending Polar, which would thus tie us in through XX. I didn't blame Umb over that fact, and have little reason to be overly upset. I'm not the one who came to the thread slinging mud, after all.

Edited by DeathAdder

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1349803757' post='3039034']
Is myth really trying to call people bad leaders? The irony is killing me.

Anyway, I hope this treaty provides some fun for Bob, enjoy.
[/quote]

Want to know what I find ironic too? VE, Deinos and BFF using Frostbite symbol.