The Treaty of Autumn

PresidentDavid

[quote][center][font="Times New Roman"][size="7"][b][color="#8B0000"]Treaty[/color] of [color="#FFA500"]Autumn[/color][/b][/size][/font]

[img]http://www.roadtripamerica.com/links/Autumn-Leaves-Sunshine.jpg[/img]

[i][size="4"][b]Preamble[/b][/size][/i]

The unrelenting and unwavering forces of perpetual evil on this world have only one weakness and that is unity of the good and common people who simply want to be left alone and keep their rights as creations of God, residents of the world, and citizens of their nations. Out of respect to the natural order of nature, that evil may never obtain a solid victory in the war but only in the battle, the Federal Republic of Greenland and Sleepy Hollow agree to the following terms of this treaty and, above all things, pledge their allegiance to the other on the vow of their Sacred Honor that nothing short of Divine Intervention will prevent unwavering support and unquestionable allegiance to the other not just in the innocent and friendly times of peace but more importantly in the controversial and angry times of war. While this treaty represents the promise and will of alliance between these two sovereign and independent nations there are bad people who can get into positions of power or good people who can make bad decisions either in times of trouble or out of pure greed or stupidity. If Sleepy Hollow or the Federal Republic of Greenland degrade themselves to the disgusting and intolerable position of lying or breaking their word of this treaty then the other has the right to dissolve any and all obligations or oaths that are stated here, in the Treaty of Autumn.

[u][b][size="4"]Act One - Mutual Defense and Optional Aggression[/size][/b][/u]

Sleepy Hollow and The Federal Republic of Greenland agree to engage themselves in Mutual Defense with each other so that if either are attacked, threatened, spied on, or put under economic warfare the other will come to the aid of the innocent.

[b]Farther Explanation[/b]

Sleepy Hollow does does not have the strongest or most feared military on the planet, in fact it was created with the intent of only keeping internal order or providing common defense. Sleepy Hollow does not have the capability at the time of the writing of this Treaty to launch global attacks or even intervene in war intercontinentally. Because Sleepy Hollow can not engage in massive military operations, defensively or offensively, they will not be required to immediately intervene if Greenland is assaulted but will do everything in their power to render assistance if requested to do so bu the Federal Republic of Greenland. If either nation is to Declare a State of War without being the defender, then neither nation must oblige to assistance but is most certainly encouraged to if the war is started under Just Cause.
[u]
[b][size="4"]Act Two - Tranquility[/size][/b] [/u]

Sleepy Hollow and The Federal Republic of Greenland agree that they will keep international tranquility between each other and will not embargo trade, blockade, assault or engage in any type of aggressive or offensive economic warfare and also will not conduct espionage against the other.

[u][size="4"][b]Act Three - Intelligence[/b][/size] [/u]

Sleepy Hollow and The Federal Republic of Greenland agree to share intelligence vital to the other's National Security.

[b]Farther Explanation[/b]

There are, of course, things in any nation that must be kept secret for the sake of National Security or Common Defense of the people however there are things that do need to be shared when unearthed such as anything retaining to the possibility of assault, war or espionage by another nation.
[u]
[size="4"][b]Act Four - Free and Open Trade[/b][/size][/u]

Both The Federal Republic of Greenland and Sleepy Hollow agree to conduct Free and Open Trade. Both nations do, however, reserve the right to tax any imports from five-percent and below.

[u][size="4"][b]Act Five - Dissolution[/b][/size][/u]

Signing the Treaty of Autumn is a covenant between both nations that neither will ever harm and will do the best to protect and support the other in times of hardship and tranquility. If Greenland or Sleepy Hollow violate this covenant then the other part can, and ought to, dissolve this Treaty including all oaths and allegiances tied to it after presenting credible evidence that the other knowingly and willingly violated the terms of this document. No warning must be given to dissolving the Treaty after presenting evidence and facts as to why such actions are logical and correct however a seventy-two hour period of cease-fire and peace is expected out of good nature.

[size="4"][b]Representation[/b][/size]

The signing of this document seals the signatory's country into a bond of allegiance, alliance, peace, and honor with the other. If that bond is to be broken, then May God Have Mercy on Their Soul.[/center]

[i]Johnathan Dusk[/i]
[i][b]Baron of Sleepy Hollow[/b][/i]

[b]Signed for the Federal Republic of Greenland,[/b]

[i]Arnuld Californian[/i]
President of Greenland
Lord Protector of the Realm

[b]Official Approval by the Senatus[/b][/quote]

The document would be sent to officials in Greenland personally by a carrier of the Sleepy Hollow Postal Service.

Edited by PresidentDavid

[quote][b]Signed for the Federal Republic of Greenland,[/b]

[i]Arnuld Californian[/i]
President of Greenland
Lord Protector of the Realm

[b]Official Approval by the Senatus[/b][/quote]

This would be Californian's first important achievement after his recent re-election. Although Greenland's population was still divided on the signing of foreign treaties, closer ties with fellow members of the Canadian community was still very much popular opinion throughout the nation. With the signature of Californian and passage by the Senatus, the treaty would immediately come into effect.

In his response to the Sleepy Hollow, Californian invited Baron Dusk to Eyvindsson City to begin what was hoped to be a promising, fruitful relationship. Amongst other things, Californian wanted to discuss modernization of the Sleepy Hollow military and increased levels of cooperation between the two nations.

Baron Johnathan Dusk, along with three soldiers of the Forest Guard, would make their way to Eyvindsson City to speak with the Greenlandians. He had a few offers for Greenland that he was sure they'd be happy to hear since they'd be getting a "freebe" out of it. He would take one of the few aircraft in the entire nation and make his way to the frozen place.