Rise of the Second Peruvian Imperium!

Padraig Rua

[quote name='Chancellor Patrick' timestamp='1347224767' post='3028872']
[i]" Of course. Thank you."[/i] Tiberius sat down in the seat before the desk and took out two cigars. He offered one to Señora Espinosa. Tiberius lit his own and inhaled deeply. [i]" Señora Espinosa, I wish to restore the Peruvian Imperium to its former glory and independence. I want to the right the wrongs and rebuild the Imperium. But this time with greater democracy and freedom. With rights and equality for all. I want to build high quality schools and hospitals. I want to reorganize the transport system. I want every citizen of the Imperium to enjoy life within it."[/i] Tiberius inhaled once again before continuing.

[i]" As you know, former lands of the [url="http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x324/PADDYD15/PeruvianImperium-1.png?t=1347223974"]Imperium[/url] are now under the jurisdiction of your fine country. I would like to request your permission to merge these lands back into the Imperium. And I would like to ask for your blessing or approval in the restoration of the Imperium."[/i]
[/quote]

"When you were the leader of the former Peruvian Empire, your nation was highly aggressive. You were also the dictator of that nation for some time. We will need more than just your word. Your history would say that you are seeking to redeem yourself now. You have disappeared while others ruled the lands in a better fashion than you once did. The people of Bolivia and the indigenous people of the region deserve a leader they wish to see lead them. We will not allow the region to be ruled by a power-hungry leader."

[i]" I am not a warlike man Señora Espinosa. Or a dictator for that matter. My desire has always been for peace in South America. But my advisers pressured me into declaring war on the Commonwealth. Political divisions were rife at the time. We needed something to distract the country......and they suggested war. I thought it would be short and quick, but my ignorant advisers overestimated the Commonwealths response. Now I regret letting my advisers over power my reason. If you give me a second chance I will show you I am not a dictator. If necessary place troops in my country so that I may prove my word. Democracy and equality will reign free. I assure you. "[/i]

[quote name='Chancellor Patrick' timestamp='1347278180' post='3028979']
[i]" I am not a warlike man Señora Espinosa. Or a dictator for that matter. My desire has always been for peace in South America. But my advisers pressured me into declaring war on the Commonwealth. Political divisions were rife at the time. We needed something to distract the country......and they suggested war. I thought it would be short and quick, but my ignorant advisers overestimated the Commonwealths response. Now I regret letting my advisers over power my reason. If you give me a second chance I will show you I am not a dictator. If necessary place troops in my country so that I may prove my word. Democracy and equality will reign free. I assure you. "[/i]
[/quote]

"The question you have not answered is why should Mexico allow you a second chance, when the better option is to allow the people to vote for their leader and determine their own future? You are declaring an Empire in a territory that deserves to be free of tyranny. We are a nation built upon indigenous rights. We will not allow the people of Bolivia and Peru to be subjected to a man who will dictate he is the leader. We will accept a base on the coast in the San Miguel District in Lima. If you are true to your word, you will not declare yourself the leader. Elections will occur in six months time for the leader of your nation and of the national legislature, subject to Mexican electoral observers. Once the elections have been determined to be free and fair, and the people of the segment of territory vote to be a part of Peru, we will then consider transferring the land to Peru."

Edited by Voodoo Nova

[i]" Señora Espinosa, I am more than willing to step down as Head of Government of the Peruvian Imperium. I shall relinquish my powers and just remain a figure head. If the people wish. As for indigenous rights, the future democratically elected government intends to have all minorities recognized, and if requested, granted autonomy with their own parliaments and Directors. Of course if Bolivia and Acre, by your will, rejoin the Imperium, they will immediately have their own parliaments and leaders. Once again, democratically elected. I also have no problem with Mexico establishing a military base in the San Miguel District of Lima. And I would appreciate if your people would preside over elections."[/i]

[quote name='Chancellor Patrick' timestamp='1347304297' post='3029019']
[i]" Señora Espinosa, I am more than willing to step down as Head of Government of the Peruvian Imperium. I shall relinquish my powers and just remain a figure head. If the people wish. As for indigenous rights, the future democratically elected government intends to have all minorities recognized, and if requested, granted autonomy with their own parliaments and Directors. Of course if Bolivia and Acre, by your will, rejoin the Imperium, they will immediately have their own parliaments and leaders. Once again, democratically elected. I also have no problem with Mexico establishing a military base in the San Miguel District of Lima. And I would appreciate if your people would preside over elections."[/i]
[/quote]

"This is good news. Would you like to draft the legal documentation for ratification?"

[i]" Certainly. Here you are."[/i]

[quote][size="4"][b][center]Peruvo-Mexican Concordat[/center][/b][/size]

Mexico and the Peruvian Imperium agree to allow the reestablishment of the Peruvian Imperium with its former borders. This agreement is made with the tacit knowledge that the newly-independent Peruvian Imperium agrees to all of the following criteria and the violation of one of these articles will result in steps necessary to ensure the Peruvian Imperium adheres to criteria in the articles listed below.

[b]Article I:[/b] Elections will occur in six months time for the leader of the Peruvian Imperium and of the National Legislature, subject to Mexican electoral observers. Once the elections have been determined to be free and fair, and the people of the segment of territory vote to be a part of the Peruvian Imperium, Mexico will consider transferring the land to the Peruvian Imperium.

[b]Article II:[/b] Ramón Castilla, also know as Tiberius Manus I, will step down as Head of Government of the Peruvian Imperium. His role in the administration of the Peruvian Imperium will be restricted to that of a Head of State with no real power.

[b]Article III:[/b] Mexico will be granted a military base on the coast of the San Miguel District in the Imperial Capital of Lima, to be used by the Mexican military as it sees fit.

Signatures

[size="4"][font="Garamond"][i]Ramón Castilla[/i][/font][/size][/quote]