Cybernations history

Samus

Hi friends, i'm sure some of you have already found out about this but I have created a tool that keeps a record of all aid/war history that occurs in game.

It's not finished completely, I still have quite a bit of work to do with it (not guaranteed i'll get round to it though), but you're free to use it to your hearts content.

A simple example of how this can be useful to you & your alliance could be through tech deals.

e.g

Right now a current problem could look like this:

[list=1]

[*]2 nations engage in a tech deal.
[*]Buyer sends seller $3mil.
[*]10 days pass, seller promptly deletes the aid transaction.
[*]Buyer asks for tech.
[*]Seller claims he didn't receive any money.
[*]Buyer gets mad and rolls seller and his entire alliance. :(
[/list]

But with the tool i've developed we go into a stage a little bit like this:

[list=1]

[*]2 nations engage in a tech deal.
[*]Buyer sends seller $3mil.
[*]10 days pass, seller promptly deletes the aid transaction.
[*]Buyer asks for tech.
[*]Seller claims he didn't receive any money.
[*]Buyer goes to my tool, confirms that he did in fact send money.
[*]Gets seller and entire alliance rolled for wasting time. :)
[/list]

Here's an example page of my aid history:
http://cybernations.lyricalz.com/aid?nation1=254470

Another example would be for campaign/aid medals.
If you're one of those cool alliances who honour your nations efforts in war then this applies to you. It's quick and it's simple, I believe we used this to gather the war participants from our last 2 wars.

Here's an example page:
[url="http://cybernations.lyricalz.com/alliance/war?alliance=Independent+Republic+Of+Orange+Nations&start=2012-06-23&end=2012-07-23"]IRON Nation's that fought in the MK-CSN war period[/url]
[url="http://cybernations.lyricalz.com/alliance/aid?alliance=Independent+Republic+Of+Orange+Nations&start=2012-06-23&end=2012-07-23"]IRON Nation's that aided in the MK-CSN war period[/url]

I know the site operates a little rubbish right now, but I don't really care, it was initially made for another purpose but we had all this data, thought we might as well provide it to the general public too. :P

The full url is located here: http://cybernations.lyricalz.com/ <-- click it and check it out!

If you have any suggestions / ideas feel free to drop em here & if i'm not lazy enough i'll see about implementing them. :)

Shoutout to Baldr, d3mon, Aenir & duelking for helping me get this thing setup.

[quote name='Mompson' timestamp='1346207453' post='3026224']
This actually looks like a really awesome tool. Just out of curiosity, do you have to download and then upload the stat downloads every day?
[/quote]
Yep, but we have a cool set of people dedicated to doing that.

[quote name='Tasuki' timestamp='1346217931' post='3026285']
Bootstrap! Me likey :)
[/quote]
;)

Nice, we were working on something similar a while ago but I won't bother now since you've made a much nicer job of it.

You can automate the pulling of the stats files though, it's not TOO difficult (despite the stupid stupid naming used).

[quote name='Katy Perry' timestamp='1346245996' post='3026329']
Nice, we were working on something similar a while ago but I won't bother now since you've made a much nicer job of it.

You can automate the pulling of the stats files though, it's not TOO difficult (despite the stupid stupid naming used).
[/quote]
Wouldn't that go against T&C?

[quote name='Samus' timestamp='1346246523' post='3026334']
Wouldn't that go against T&C?
[/quote]
Well in any case we never got that far :P we just had the script to do so. It basically did stuff with the 'date' command to figure out for itself the file name to pull. In theory it would have been easy to tell it to pull twice a day but the script never got finished. It doesn't require a log in so I don't see how it could be against the ToS *shrug*

[quote name='Katy Perry' timestamp='1346247650' post='3026341']
Well in any case we never got that far :P we just had the script to do so. It basically did stuff with the 'date' command to figure out for itself the file name to pull. In theory it would have been easy to tell it to pull twice a day but the script never got finished. It doesn't require a log in so I don't see how it could be against the ToS *shrug*
[/quote]
I could be wrong, but I was referring to this:

http://www.cybernations.net/terms.asp

[quote name='Katy Perry' timestamp='1346249457' post='3026345']
My point was that there's no login, so who do you ban? :P
[/quote]
I don't trust all these cyber nerds, they'd find a way. :P

[quote name='katashimon13' timestamp='1346249764' post='3026347']
omg sammy actually did sumthing

and its usable XP

u could ask admin to let u make one and do it >_>

<_<

alsso u ban whoever is on that ip

or samus XP

rawr
[/quote]
Last time I requested something from the game developers, I was completely ignored. Doubt it this time. :(

[quote name='Nintenderek' timestamp='1346211843' post='3026258']
I was hoping this would be really cool and go all the way back to like 2007 or 2006 or whenever this game started. I was slightly disappointed. Still pretty cool though.
[/quote]

We have NPO for that. ;)

Samus, i thought you a smarter man. This tool is kind of useful to use with your motive. Its true potential however is as a war tool, to forever change the blitz. I knew an alliance that has had this tool for a couple of years now, they weren't smart enough to integrate into their target list tool, but they were smart enough to keep it a secret. Now say for example you want to attack TIO, you can use this tool to single out TIO's most active members both in tech deals and in wars, these nations really are the bite of the alliance, the others are just the bark. Take out the bite first, and the bark is meaningless. If all their strong nations are under heavy fire, they will have no one, or at least no one competent, to counter. You should take down the site and start working with your alliance to turn it into the weapon it is, at least thats what i'd do if i were u

[quote name='Alcoholic' timestamp='1346694492' post='3027645']
Samus, i thought you a smarter man. This tool is kind of useful to use with your motive. Its true potential however is as a war tool, to forever change the blitz. I knew an alliance that has had this tool for a couple of years now, they weren't smart enough to integrate into their target list tool, but they were smart enough to keep it a secret. Now say for example you want to attack TIO, you can use this tool to single out TIO's most active members both in tech deals and in wars, these nations really are the bite of the alliance, the others are just the bark. Take out the bite first, and the bark is meaningless. If all their strong nations are under heavy fire, they will have no one, or at least no one competent, to counter. You should take down the site and start working with your alliance to turn it into the weapon it is, at least thats what i'd do if i were u
[/quote]

tl;dr, Roll TIO

[quote name='Alcoholic' timestamp='1346694492' post='3027645']
[/quote]

Go back to RL you're not wanted :P

Interesting tool certainly be useful.

Edited by Demag