A single nation at War with Guru Order

Gretchen OLD

[quote name='Gretchen' timestamp='1345921117' post='3025220']
Recently, in the War between “GATO and MHA”, “The Brain’s” ODP with GATO was to attack MHA nations who declared war on a GATO nation “only” and strictly observed. Since I had friends in MHA, to declare war on an MHA nation was distressful for me, but my intensions were honorable. Our alliance “The Brain” was attacked by “GO”. This was their magnanimous ODP contribution to the alliances at war, GATO and MHA, GO an alliance of 100+ nations ½ in PM attacking our alliance of 28, a brave gesture on there part. We fought them with conviction and disregard to our pixels. Our honor was never in question. FA communications by GO existed that their nations were not prepared for the caliber of our fighting Honor.
I posted in the Declaration of War by GO trying to symbolize that friends from different opposing alliances could support a character, not of their own alliance or their allegiances but a character itself. This “I” felt confused GO members and it was easier to disregard it than to deal with it.
Since I have existed in CN I have been in several alliances and meet many great people who skills in communications allowed friendships to develop. These people were the brave who maintained neutrality in their allegiances but did support my character. This post is to symbolize one such relationship.

Thorgrum, Realm of Asguard (Honor, Courage and Commitment)[IMG]http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq79/Gretchen99_bucket/Thorgrum.jpg[/IMG]
In the GO declaration, he posted that you can destroy “The Brain” but do not declare on 2 nations, one being me. He warned that if it happened he would declare a one nation War with GO.
I was declared on and his ultimatum has transpired. He had declared War and has been at War for 32 days, existing within the ranks of the GO alliance as rouge. His devotion to his commitment has cost him thousands of pixels but his honor has provided him the spirit to continue in his convictions.

HONOR
One word but yet so sound, the word Honor is an absolute decision in itself. It is the decision with action to value others and ourselves with devotion, which means; Honor is, “I will bear true faith and allegiance”; Accordingly, Conduct our affairs in the highest ethical manner in all relationships with our allegiance nations, through honesty and truthfulness in our dealings with each other.

COURAGE
With honor we build comradeship and with comradeship we build Courage. Courage is a mental or moral strength to venture, persevere, and withstand danger, fear, or difficulty. A definition of Courage is, “I will support and defend" Accordingly, we will have: courage to meet the demands of our allegiances and the commitments when it is hazardous, demanding, or otherwise difficult. The spirit of courage is strength and effort in that commitment.

COMMITMENT
The Realm of Asgard’s definition of Commitment is, "My citizens will obey the orders" Accordingly, we will: Demand respect up and down the chain of command; Care for the safety, personal and spiritual well-being of our allegiances. Commitment is a principle structure of moral value and fervent virtue. Commitment is a declaration to others and within ourselves, it defines Honor and Courage, “We must commit to Honor and Courage with responsibility to any task or plan regardless of the consequence”. We understand that all decisions we make are commitments to saving or improving someone’s life.

Honor, Courage, and Commitment are not just core values, but a code of ethics our nations performs daily. These are the words of personal and political survival. Our actions and conduct, a direct representation of our entity, the institution itself measures the performance that allows people to trust its long-term relationships it has endured since a nation’s inception.

This is my testimonial to Thorgrum, Realm of Asguard.
A Loyal Friend and Companion as much as pixels allow.

GO has been defeated even in his decline and this post, I suspect will mean nothing to GO members except kicking a downed horse. There had been many opportunities for them to let the War expire and move on but why not continue a good thing. Now it is one nation against 100+ and GO's victory will shine and be honored by all alliances in CN.
O/ GO
O/ Asgard
[/quote]

Thank you Gretchen for the lovely tribute, its been an honor and a privledge getting to know you over the years. Couple of things to keep in mind here:

1. Never go through life worrying about what other people think.

2. Its never the wrong time to do the right thing.

3. If you make a claim be prepared to back it up.

4. If I have to, I will unload every thing I have into GO, the further down I go the easier it gets.

5. I made a pact with a few players in the game, Im honoring that pact. GO made a choice and left me without one.

6. Ive come accross several people in this game, some were IC some where not. Most were piles of !@#$, you are a notable exception.

7. I dont hold any grudges against GO (those are reserved for other alliances, heh), they are doing what they are supposed to be doing.

8. ProTip: dont try to spy nukes if the person has a HNMS and less then 5 on hand (you know who you are)

9. Warchests are the singular most important thing in CN, work on it (you know who you are)

10. More nations should engage in personal treaties and honor them.

I dont have much else, wasnt expecting a thread dedicated to my war. Thanks again Gretchen you are a sweetheart anyone who has met you in this game knows that, a true hidden jewel within this shrinking world.

So Thorgrum is honoring a personal treaty by going rogue on an alliance that was honoring a treaty. Gretchen is praising it, and both actually like GO. Also Gretchen is somehow able to remain neutral while holding membership in an alliance with military level treaties. Makes perfect sense to me!

[quote name='Schmoo' timestamp='1345983179' post='3025348']
So Thorgrum is honoring a personal treaty by going rogue on an alliance that was honoring a treaty. Gretchen is praising it, and both actually like GO. Also Gretchen is somehow able to remain neutral while holding membership in an alliance with military level treaties. Makes perfect sense to me!
[/quote]

Amazing, you're known as one of the least intelligent people out there. Gratz man, tell me once you pull your head from your rectum does the smell linger?

Edited by Thorgrum

[quote name='Schmoo' timestamp='1345983179' post='3025348']
[/quote]

It is because of these military treaties that I cannot come to the aid of a dear CN friend. You are right in assuming that neither of us has a primary grudge against GO members. They are honorable in their affairs.
My post is honoring Thorgrum's friendship, one who would put his nation on the line to support an honorable gesture, an ODP of two nations, one being me.
My hands are tied only to honor these treaties and exist in the CN world "The Game".
Honor and commitment takes many shapes in RL or the game. This is why this topic exists.

Edited by Gretchen

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1345993171' post='3025385']
Far too heavy on lofty morals, and far too light on much of anything else, for my liking.

But I'll agree with most of Thorgrum's tenets, including the very first one, so keep doing your thing.
[/quote]

Sometimes it is hard to express friendship light hardheartedly. Honor, commitment and trust are the essence of true friendship and sometimes assumed rather than expressed. I take the responsibility for my elaborate post and I agree and understand your comments.

[quote name='Thorgrum' timestamp='1345929635' post='3025249']
Thank you Gretchen for the lovely tribute, its been an honor and a privledge getting to know you over the years. Couple of things to keep in mind here:

1. Never go through life worrying about what other people think.

2. Its never the wrong time to do the right thing.

3. If you make a claim be prepared to back it up.

4. If I have to, I will unload every thing I have into GO, the further down I go the easier it gets.

5. I made a pact with a few players in the game, Im honoring that pact. GO made a choice and left me without one.

6. Ive come accross several people in this game, some were IC some where not. Most were piles of !@#$, you are a notable exception.

7. I dont hold any grudges against GO (those are reserved for other alliances, heh), they are doing what they are supposed to be doing.

8. ProTip: dont try to spy nukes if the person has a HNMS and less then 5 on hand (you know who you are)

9. Warchests are the singular most important thing in CN, work on it (you know who you are)

10. More nations should engage in personal treaties and honor them.

I dont have much else, wasnt expecting a thread dedicated to my war. Thanks again Gretchen you are a sweetheart anyone who has met you in this game knows that, a true hidden jewel within this shrinking world.
[/quote]
Iam so easy , your a Rogue and that is it , im still waiting on you all talk no action ....

[quote name='Gretchen' timestamp='1346009835' post='3025433']
It is because of these military treaties that I cannot come to the aid of a dear CN friend. You are right in assuming that neither of us has a primary grudge against GO members. They are honorable in their affairs.
My post is honoring Thorgrum's friendship, one who would put his nation on the line to support an honorable gesture, an ODP of two nations, one being me.
My hands are tied only to honor these treaties and exist in the CN world "The Game".
Honor and commitment takes many shapes in RL or the game. This is why this topic exists.
[/quote]

Your hands are tied because you chose to let them be tied. A simple resignation from The Brain would cut you free of the treaty web and give you the freedom to come to Thorgrum's aid in a military sense or via aid. In fact the two of you could even share an AA and burn together. You rule a nation that is nuclear capable and should be able to throw nuclear weapons for an extended period of time, assuming you've been budgeting properly.

For all your talk, at the end of the day you've decided to stick with the The Brain and your social ties there. Which is fine, dedication to one's alliance is honorable. However don't act like you're actually doing anything or place some high value on your friendship with Thorgrum. You're clearly picking other social ties over the one you share with Thorgrum. All you're willing to do for Thorgrum is toss up this statement and hope the court of public opinion makes GO back off.

Your logic is based on your personal assumptions and prospective, not the facts. Your comparisons are not mine. If you think you have this situation figured out, so be it and be satisfied.

I think your last statement say's it all but that is not my propensity or concern and shouldn't be yours or others in CN.

This is a tribute to a friend, a statement, not a court proceeding seeking public opinion. I have no influence on Thorgrum's decisions or actions and I will offer no explanation for my post.
Some of life's ideals and intentions are only shared amongst good friends.

Edited by Gretchen

[quote name='Rodger Waldie' timestamp='1346081818' post='3025644']
Iam so easy , your a Rogue and that is it , im still waiting on you all talk no action ....
[/quote]

Slow and steady wins the race, Ill be nuking your alliance for months. Its the lower ranks that will be punished, im still sitting on billions. Attacking one of my treaty partners is going to cost your nations a lot of money.

[quote name='Thane Carcajou' timestamp='1346084686' post='3025654']
Your hands are tied because you chose to let them be tied. A simple resignation from The Brain would cut you free of the treaty web and give you the freedom to come to Thorgrum's aid in a military sense or via aid. In fact the two of you could even share an AA and burn together. You rule a nation that is nuclear capable and should be able to throw nuclear weapons for an extended period of time, assuming you've been budgeting properly.

For all your talk, at the end of the day you've decided to stick with the The Brain and your social ties there. Which is fine, dedication to one's alliance is honorable. However don't act like you're actually doing anything or place some high value on your friendship with Thorgrum. You're clearly picking other social ties over the one you share with Thorgrum. All you're willing to do for Thorgrum is toss up this statement and hope the court of public opinion makes GO back off.
[/quote]

She is no warrior and I told her not to come to my aid in any manner. Her choosing this path I believe was a mistake as well but beyond my control. GO was warned publically what would happen if they attacked one of my treaty partners. They made a choice, that choice has a consequence and the full scope of that consequence hasnt come to fruition. Backing off isnt going to cut it, its going to take measured humility.

Very unlikely to occur so, they eat nukes............for months.

[quote name='Thorgrum' timestamp='1346121875' post='3025851']
Slow and steady wins the race, Ill be nuking your alliance for months. Its the lower ranks that will be punished, im still sitting on billions. Attacking one of my treaty partners is going to cost your nations a lot of money.
[/quote]
good im not in any where, an money to spend

Edited by Rodger Waldie

Reminds me of trolls who make unreasonable terms and expect them to be understood and followed.
The fact this nation put its lunacy before its alliance says a lot about it.

[quote name='Thorgrum' timestamp='1346121875' post='3025851']
[/quote]

Courage, Honor?
Yeah I'm not seeing it, your attitude is anything but honorable.

Edited by Commander shepard

[quote name='MutedFaith' timestamp='1346250720' post='3026353']
I kinda wonder how TDO felt about one of their members dropping our because of a [i]personal treaty[/i] with another nation..
[/quote]

They're neutral... what were they going to do with his nation?

[quote name='sir pwnage' timestamp='1346264475' post='3026412']
They're neutral... what were they going to do with his nation?
[/quote]

...Neutral doesn't mean harmless. Except in CN.

Your trying to make going rogue sound good. Its still going rogue and did nothing to help you. Could have just sent you aid post war. Also if your going to have a treaty between nations then why are you not in the same alliance? Alliances go to war. They go to war with other alliances. If you do not want people to attack your friend then get her in a nuetral alliance or you will be going rogue every couple months. This entire thing is so stupid it hurts my head. And I am not all that bright so I normally handle stupid pretty well.

[quote name='Commander shepard' timestamp='1346243000' post='3026314']
Courage, Honor?
Yeah I'm not seeing it, your attitude is anything but honorable.
[/quote]

GO was told what I would do if they attacked one nation, they made the choice to do so. The fact Im doing what I said I would do isnt meant to be honorable at all, its merely backing the flapping gums with the only action one can take. Your perception of my attitude is amusing to me, youve given me a and additional 2 minutes of entertainment I wouldnt have otherwise garnered here.

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1346268434' post='3026421']
Your trying to make going rogue sound good. Its still going rogue and did nothing to help you. Could have just sent you aid post war. Also if your going to have a treaty between nations then why are you not in the same alliance? Alliances go to war. They go to war with other alliances. If you do not want people to attack your friend then get her in a nuetral alliance or you will be going rogue every couple months. This entire thing is so stupid it hurts my head. And I am not all that bright so I normally handle stupid pretty well.
[/quote]

Coming form a known piece of !@#$ like you this is a great compliment. Ive always found your exploits to be dubious, historically anyway. I often wondered how it was you never snapped your own neck when running from thread to thread telling people how to exsist here, with your head lodged so far up your rectum.

It dosent come as a surprise to me (and Im sure many others) that you would find it hard to grasp someone informing an alliance prior to attacking a nation that you had a treaty with them and that you would attack should they make the choice to do so. They attack and well I backed up the talk with action.

Nope dosent surprise me one bit you dont get that, given your history.

Edited by Thorgrum

[quote name='JohnGulager' timestamp='1346288162' post='3026501']
Thorgrum was just looking for an excuse to quit. It is what it is.

[/quote]

Thats false. GO was told in advance if they chose to attack Gibson or Gretchen I would attack. That same message has been delivered to 3 other alliances in the past through the years via other wars. GO acted, I backed up my claim.

Thats what it is.

Im not quitting, never intended to. I'll be here for a long time. This has just given me the opportunity to remember to log in more then once every 20 days. Im actually in GO's debt, my nation in the last year almost deleted 4 times.

[quote name='MutedFaith' timestamp='1346250720' post='3026353']
I kinda wonder how TDO felt about one of their members dropping our because of a [i]personal treaty[/i] with another nation..
[/quote]

They were told prior to my leaving what was going to happen. They didnt say much either way honestly, I think the 2 active people were sweeping tumble weeds off the streets of thier forums.....