Lansia

The King of Lansia

After several hours of rioting today, King George hired 60 soldiers on the behalf of Lansia to maintain peace and security within the country. Additionally, approximately 10 levels of infrastructure were built at the cost of about $5,000, which provided residents of George City, the Lansi capital, with basic utilities and telegraph services. Also, the borders of Lansia recently expanded by 30 miles, ending a brief overpopulation crisis in the kingdom.

On the behalf of his country, King George has decided to issue a formal request for membership in the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization. If the request is accepted, then Lansia will enjoy numerous benefits provided by the alliance, including miiltary assistance in the event of an attack. Several Lansians have voiced opposition to the application, stating that the King "shouldn't request membership in an alliance so quickly", and that "we don't really need an alliance right now", but because Lansia "could really do with" trade partners and a source of military protection, to put it in the King's chief adviser's words, King George seems unlikely to end his quest for membership in an alliance anytime soon.

In response to an unexpected spike in drug trafficking, King George has ordered the military to be positioned at all passport checkpoints inside the country to inspect visitors for drugs. The King has also signed legislation that would allow powerful legal penalties to be applied against convicted drug traffickers and users. However, King George's bold actions has its shortcomings-the drug dealers may perform violent crimes in Lansia until either they or the King's legislation are removed: less than hour after the King's orders were issued, a murder attempt was carried out against a senior adviser to the King, and at least three veichle bombings have been attempted so far in the capital city.

Ealier this day, a trade agreement was signed between the New Free Republic and Lansia. The trade agreement will result in the frequent transfer of the natural resources of both signatories. King George has pledged to be peaceful with Lansia's trade partner, and has also promised to retain the agreement for "as long as possible". This is the first foreign affairs event that has occured so far in the kingdom, and an official in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs stated that "we may get a bit more busier in the next few days".

The King has recently passed the NoFILth (No Filth In Lansia) Act, which will ban consular and diplomatic relations with any nation that does not show an effort in maintaining a civilized government. King George states that the law will ban diplomacy with any nation that has one of the following:

[b]-A totalitarian government
-A cruel or excessively negligent leader
-Laws restricting the right to a fair trial and unexcessive punishment/bail, the right to assemble peacefully, the freedom of speech, expression, the press, thought, information, religion, movement, or association.
-At least one labor camp
-Laws allowing anything that a reasonable person would describe as illegal
-Policies that put the needs or wants of the government in front of the needs or wants of the people[/b]

The NoFILth Act has been moderately controversial, and some have said that Lansia's current government does not meet the requirements of the act. The King discounts those claims, stating that Lansia is "definitely better than any country that has, say, a labor camp." Others have asked why the new law does not ban trade relations with "uncivilized nations", to which King George has responded by stating that "no matter what", he will only sign trade or aid agreements with "morally responsible" states, and that the NoFILth act "should be enough right now in penalizing the uncivilized nations of this planet." However, both of the King's claims are disputable, and regarding the last matter, it seems unlikely that King George will sign legislation that would officially restrict the nations that Lansia would be able to trade with, as Lansia currently needs access to as many resources as possible.

Edited by The King of Lansia

Yesterday, an official from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs predicted that "we may get a bit more busier in the next few days" after a trade agreement was signed with the New Free Republic. Today, the Lansi government is proud to announce that the official's prediction came true! A request to set up formal diplomatic ties with the Maritime Republic of J Andres (colloquially known as J Andres) has received partial clearance, and both a new trade agreement and a foreign aid offer were handled within the same day. Although it seems unlikely that the Ministry will remain "busy" for long, it appears to be a good sign that the King is starting to seriously engage in foreign affairs.

Today, because of a large shipment of money from the kingdom of Rockband, the King has been able to order the construction of 360 levels of infratsructure, the purchase of about 50 levels of technology (which both attracted hundreds of immigrants into the country), and the hiring of an undisclosed number of spies. Additionally, the King purchased enough land to expand Lansia's borders by nearly a hundred miles, which greatly lowered the population density of the nation. The transactions have greatly improved the quality of life for Lansi citizens, especially the construction of infrastructure and the recent import of more advanced technology, which has provided Lansians with access to a national railroad (run by secondhand steam engines), more reliable power services (the technology at the Lansi National Power Station was upgraded considerably), a better telegraph network, as well as basic intra-nation phone services, which the government is planning to use to set up a national computer network in the near future. King George has publicly announced his gratitude to the ruler of Rockband (also called Rockband), and now appears to be more eager to get money for his kingdom. Could Lansia be approaching a new era of prosperity?

Recently, King George created the Lansi National Air Force (LNAF) by purchasing 5 warplanes at the cost of approximately $50,000. The aircraft purchased were three Yakolev fighter planes and two bomber helicopters manufactured by Bell. King George states that the creation of the LNAF will "greatly reduce" the possibility of an attack from the air. "With the presence of the air force and the protection of GATO, Lansia's current security situation should be considered very good", said the King. While that may be disputable, it is true that Lansia's military is going through a moderately large expansion project, which aims to "preserve the safety of Lansia, its people, and its friends".

The Maritime Republic of J Andres eagerly awaits the confirmation of the Lansian Independence from within the Tianxia-Papua Protectorate Region. Princess Stephanie and J Andres government will be happy to establish the Kingdom of Lansia's Embassy in Endor Cuidad upon the confirmation of independence from the Tianxia government.

OOC: CNRP is separate from your in-game nation. Alliances such as the GGA and GATO don't exist in CNRP and likewise, treaties you might make with nations in CNRP have no bearing on your nation in CN. If you wish to roleplay your CN nation, you're more than welcome to do so (there's even a [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showforum=73"]subforum[/url] for it), but you don't appear on the CNRP world map.

[quote name='iKrolm' timestamp='1346044993' post='3025571']
OOC: CNRP is separate from your in-game nation. Alliances such as the GGA and GATO don't exist in CNRP and likewise, treaties you might make with nations in CNRP have no bearing on your nation in CN. If you wish to roleplay your CN nation, you're more than welcome to do so (there's even a [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showforum=73"]subforum[/url] for it), but you don't appear on the CNRP world map.
[/quote]

:(

[quote name='J Andres' timestamp='1346039364' post='3025557']
The Maritime Republic of J Andres eagerly awaits the confirmation of the Lansian Independence from within the Tianxia-Papua Protectorate Region. Princess Stephanie and J Andres government will be happy to establish the Kingdom of Lansia's Embassy in Endor Cuidad upon the confirmation of independence from the Tianxia government.
[/quote]

Thank you so much! Your gesture of kindness has deeply touched me. =' ) I will send to you the information that may be required to set up an embassy, and after that, I'll ship the embassy personnel to J Andres. Of course, if you want to set up an embassy or consulate in Lansia, you are completely welcome to do so-just send a telegram over to me, and we'll start talking.

ooc: What iKrolm was trying to say is you can still roleplay here, but here in CNRP we don't recognize in game alliances.

CNRP takes your in game nation of Lansia, and uses your real statistics to allow you the basis to roleplay here.

[url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=69224]This thread will explain it better than I can attempt to[/url]

If you still have any questions after reading that thread, you can see if it has already been answered in [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=69861&st=0]This FAQ Thread[/url]. If it hasn't, then ask away there and someone will answer it for you!

(OOC)Thanks a lot-I understand more about roleplay on the CN forums now. But I think that I'll still move my nation's roleplay thread to the Game-Related, since I want the existence of alliances to be acknowledged (they're an integral part of Cyber Nations, and besides, they can be nice for RP). Anyway, thank you for telling me-if I had repeated what I'd already done, I could've suffered a major embarrassment.

[b]DIPLOMATIC CABLE TO THE KINGDOM OF LANSIA[/b]

King George,

The Maritime Republic of J Andres officially welcomes the Kingdom of Lansia to the world stage. The royal family of J Andres admires the strength of your people and yourself in your quest and success in the development of government. We hope your reign is long and benevolent. We have established the Embassy at [url=http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Foreign_Relations_of_J_Andres#Lansia]17 Embassy Circle[/url] for you and your Kingdom. If our diplomatic team can ever be of any assistance, be sure to let us know.

Kind Regards,
[i]Katherine, Princess of Puerto Pacis[/i]

[b]This is a reproduction of a declassified Lansi diplomatic cable.[/b]

Lansi Royal Telegram Networks

Aug 27, 2012-18:45 Bob Standard Time

To: M.R. of J Andres

Dear Princess Katherine:

Thank you for your kind words and for going through the trouble of setting up diplomatic ties with my humbled nation. The embassy staff working
for the Lansi diplomatic mission to the Maritime Republic of J Andres are already on a boat headed for the port of Boston, and should arrive at Endor Cuidad by tommorow morning. Once again, I am gracious to you for your hard work and hospitality, and I hope that the people of J Andres will live in happiness and prosperity for a hundred years.

From,
King George
The King of Lansia

(OOC) Remember what I said about moving Lansia's news thread to the Game-related RP forum? Well I've done it! This thread is now obsolete. To view Lansia's latest news, please click [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=112915&st=0&gopid=3026400&#entry3026400"]here.[/url]