Marscurian Siberian World Trade Center

KaiserMelech Mikhail

With little fanfare, the Marscurian Siberian World Trade Center, located in the city of Telmana, opened for business this week. The center provides a place for companies and dignitaries, both foreign and domestic, to meet and discuss trade deals. The center also contains a large plaza with governmental agencies to provide all the necessary paperwork and clearances for the foreign commerce.

[img]http://img2.10bestmedia.com/Images/Photos/57237/gm-renaissance-center-detroit-skyline_28_550x370_20111026182605.jpg[/img]
The Marscurian Siberian World Trade Center, located on the Amur River in the city of Telmana

OOC: Basically, this is a place for international commerce to go on for companies that do not have their own threads, such as Marscurian Military Works, Obluchye Heavy Engineering, Veridian Dynamics, etc.

[quote name='J Andres' timestamp='1345379025' post='3023453']
[b]CLASSIFIED MESSAGE[/b]
[b]To:[/b]
Moshe Cohen
Marscurian Siberia Ambassador
Sixteen Embassy Circle
Endor Cuidad, J Andres

[b]From:[/b]
HRH Katherine, Princess of Puerto Pacis
Endor Cuidad, J Andres

August 6, 2052

Good Morning.
In further discussions with my Mother, the Queen, she seems to remember Marscurian Military Works accepting contracts and allowing purchases from foreign nations. She insists we had an old catalog around the Castle, but I've searched everywhere without any luck. If we ever did have one, its likely one of the young ones had found it and cut out the images to make collages or something of the sort by now.

Anyways, is this still the case? We've got enough men to police our streets but we don't really have the firepower to do it effectively. Perhaps my brother would still be alive today if our soldiers were armed and on patrol in the city that night. We are looking to purchase various firearms to arm our soldiers with. Please pass this message along to the appropriate authorities within your own government, or executives at Marscurian Military Works.

Best Regards,
[i]Katherine, Princess of Puerto Pacis[/i]
[/quote]
Almost immediately after the MSWTC opened, the first calls came in. It seemed that the nation of J Andres was interested in weapons, so a space was set aside in one of the side towers for a delegation from J Andres to meet with representatives from Marscurian Military Works.

[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' timestamp='1345682281' post='3024427']
Almost immediately after the MSWTC opened, the first calls came in. It seemed that the nation of J Andres was interested in weapons, so a space was set aside in one of the side towers for a delegation from J Andres to meet with representatives from Marscurian Military Works.
[/quote]

[b]CASTLE REAL, NEWPORT[/b]
Princess Katherine paced the room. Her mother sat on the edge of the bed. "I just don't know what to do now mother. A few days ago, Michael Annan would have been the obvious choice of who to send. The whole Annan family are amazing diplomats, and he has the war skills to know what we need. But now..." she trailed off thinking of the newly formed Annan Enterprises.

"Now," her mother, the Queen, began, "Now the Annan's have a conflict of interest when it comes to war."

Katherine stopped her pacing and looked her Queen directly in the eyes, "And now, going forward with any sort of deal with Marscurian Military Works risks putting our family at odds with the Annans who have long been our friends and allies."

"Not to mention, they are now the richest family in the nation," Queen Stephanie said. "Tread lightly with them Katherine. They would never hurt us, but they will look out for themselves, and this brand new corporation that they have branded with their family name is not something they care to lose."

"Who else do I send then?" Katherine asked. "Everyone who is anyone is running for office, or doing something else important in preparation for elections."

"Not everyone," she said with a slight smile.

[b]FORT FARNUM, JUST OUTSIDE OF ENDOR CUIDAD[/b]
The renovation work on the Richards Building was going smooth. [url=http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Jacob_Cross]Jacob Cross[/url] took some notes in his book and then hopped in the Jeep to be driven to the location where the foundation was being laid for one of the barracks buildings. The Princess' plan for constructing these bases and outposts was ambitious, but it was necessary, and as the current highest ranking officer in the military, he was in charge of overseeing it. Jacob knew the price of war--he was in Providence when it was hit by a nuclear weapon in 2033. Ever since, he had been preparing for the war and revenge that never came. A radio in the jeep crackled to life, "Tell Cross that he's...a message. Sounds rather...Royal...Newport...Diplomatic Envoy."

"Damn these radios!" he cursed as he smacked the antenna, hoping to better it's reception. The Jeep turned about quickly to return Cross to the Richards building. Upon entering he received a Fax (ooc: Tech year 1983 and loving it) with the message for him.

JACOB CROSS: YOU HAVE BEEN SELECTED TO TRAVEL TO TELMANA IN MARSCURIAN SIBERIA TO NEGOTIATE THE PURCHASE OF FIREARMS FOR THE MILITARY. TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE - PRINCESS KATHERINE

Within a few hours, Jacob Cross was boarding a jet at the Donald L. Carcieri Airport and headed to the newly constructed Marscurian Siberian World Trade Center.

He tried to get some rest on the plane, but his own mind kept him awake. [i]Soon,[/i] he thought, as the image of the bomb in his home of Providence exploded on loop in his mind. [i]Soon.[/i]

Edited by J Andres

After landing at Mietonka International Airport, Jacob Cross was given a ticket for the [i]Capital Express[/i], and was disembarked at the Telmana station. The massive skyscrapers of the world trade center towered above him on the riverfront, so it was quite difficult for him to get lost. In the main lobby, he was directed to Tower 2, Floor 18, room 1803, where several representatives from Marscurian Military Works would be waiting for him.

Jacob was astonished at the tall buildings in Telmana. He remembered Providence being a bustling city before the bomb, but nothing like this. As the elevator in the second tower opened on the eighteenth floor he was greeted by representatives of Marscurian Military Works, "Jacob Cross," he said, as he stepped forward to shake each of their hands. "It's a pleasure to meet you all," he said, smiling, making eye contact with each representative as he shook their hands.

[i]This feels like a job interview[/i], he thought to himself as he adjusted his military jacket. "We might as well get down to business," he began. "My nation is looking to procure basic weaponry. Handguns, rifles, etc. Body Armor. These sort of things are necessities. We've got an active recruitment program going, and having our recruits run laps is good, but it won't help them win any wars."

He flipped through a small notepad he kept in his chest pocket, "We might also be interested in a small number of tanks. Could you show me around? Let me see what your corporation has to offer?"

"Well," one of the men in suits said, "why don't you take a look at our latest brochure." Laying a black briefcase on the table, he opened it and took out a thick [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=90635&view=findpost&p=2558804"]booklet[/url], showing all the weaponry that MMW produces.

OOC: It should be noted that we are purchasing guns/tanks much higher than our actual availability for them. Our nation is small and we will grow fast, so It would be pointless for me to buy three tanks today, and another three in a few days etc. If we enter conflict, all rules in the Map thread will be followed.

IC:

Jacob Cross looked over the brochure. "This is some impressive stuff," he said out loud. [i]We could do some serious damage with this stuff[/i], he thought.

He retrieved his notepad and began to write down model numbers and quantities:
[i]
MR-12 Battle Rife x20000
MP-33 Side Arm x25000
M13 Sniper Rifle x2000
MRR-7 Recoilless Rifle x400
MG-2 Medium Machine Gun x2000
[/i]

He also began writing down a second list of items:
[i]
M3 Mortar x20
M125 Self-Propelled Artillery x10
M2A Anti-Aircraft Artillery x25
M2 Truck x50
M18 Tank Destroyer x300
[/i]

After finishing looking through the brochure, Cross showed the lists to the representatives, "Everything on the first list I'm willing to purchase right now. I'd like to see a few items on the second list if possible before committing. Do you have any stock or bases nearby in which I could inspect the workmanship of the trucks and tanks?"

"Let us do some quick calculations," one of the representatives said, taking out the pricing guide and a pocket calculator. "We have twenty thousand MR-12s at 1500 rubles per gun, twenty-five thousand pistols at 400 rubles per gun, two thousand sniper rifles at 500 rubles per gun, four hundred recoilless rifles at 10,800 rubles per unit, and two thousand MG-2s at 5000 rubles per gun. All together, the price on that list comes to 55,320,000 MSR. Do you find this acceptable?" The man put his calculator and the pricing guide away, and turned back to Jacob Cross. "As for the large equipment, Marscurian Military Works has a proving ground in cooperation with the Marscurian Siberian army just outside the city of Amurpet. The next train leaves in 47 minutes, and we can have you there tomorrow morning."

Cross tried his hardest to remember the ruble to Anchor conversion rate. He squinted and pressed his fingers to the side of his head, "I think we will need to pass on the MG-2s at this time," he decided. Considering all the flak Princess Stephanie took over her expenditures, he figured he should keep the military spending a little lower. "Looks like that would come out to 45,320,00 MSR without the MG-2s," he thought for a short moment. "That should work for us. I would love to see this proving ground outside of Amurpet. Let's not waste anytime so we can make the train."

On the train, in the forward car broken into business booths, some of the prerequisite paperwork was completed. Jacob Cross was given a [url="http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae218/mikial21/Requisitionform.png"]requisition form[/url], a type of receipt, to fax back to his country, or to simply carry back when he returned home.

Jacob elected to hold on to the requisition form to give to the government when he returned. With no official government there was no budget and no one person to decide that Jacob had spent too much. But he didn't want anyone back home getting the wrong idea based on his small arms purchases, and someone back home cutting the funds and calling Cross back home early.

[i]I've come too far to turn back now. Tomorrow we see the real toys,[/I] he thought to himself. For now he reviewed the brochure that he was given earlier, rereviewing statistics as he waited for the train to reach its destination.

Jacob Cross was startled awake as the train screeched to a halt outside of Amurpet. He quickly gathered his belongings and exited the train looking for the Marscurian Military Works representatives. He eventually tracked them down closer to the front of the train. "The train accommodations were very pleasant," he said to the representatives. "So how about we see some products?" he asked. "Lead the way whenever you are ready."

The road from Amurpet to the Stolbovoye Military Base was a ride over a long and bumpy dirt road. Once inside the base, the MMW representative handed Jacob Cross over to Captain Fehr of the Marscurian Siberian Army for more in depth look at the various heavy weaponry.

"Greetings Captain Fehr, I am General Cross from J Andres. My friends from MMW have said many things about the equipment your men use, and we are interested in making a purchase. Would it be possible to give me a brief demonstration?"

Jacob continued, "Our nation isn't large, but we still have a need to be able to transport our troops quickly between our bases. I think the M2 Truck will be a perfect troop transport in this regard. I would also like to see the M18 Tank Destroyer including a live fire exercise. The tank looks like it would be able to suit our needs well."

Colonel Moore knew nothing about engines. When the representative from MMW showed him underneath the hood of the M2 truck, he tried his best to feign interest. Unfortunately, judging by his host's reaction, the Colonel was not a very good actor.

The Colonel walked around the back to examine the crew carrying capacity. Once pleased, he would present the representative with a new list of items.

"I am afraid that I will need to alter the original order that General Cross provided you with. After seeing the quality of your trucks, we will be purchasing even more of these, however, we have determined that certain objects no longer fit our military needs. We would like to increase our M2 Truck purchase to 150, and increase our M18 Tank Destroyer order to 500. However, we will not be ordering any of the other artillery items that we had originally mentioned." He tried to read into the emotions of the representative. "Could you provide us with a new quote for just these items?"

After being led back to the sound-proofed bunker, the representative took out his booklet again. "Well, the M2 truck you'll need to purchase through Masibau Motors, but last I heard, the truck was somewhere around 20,000 rubles. As for the M18 tank destroyer, the unit cost is 710,000 rubles per vehicle. In all, we'll guestimate that you'll spend 3 million rubles on the trucks, and 355 million rubles on the tank destroyers."

• 7 months later...

Classified:

The Republic of Zulia would like to purchase the following arms:

7,000 Units of the SMG-1 Submachine Gun

7,000 Units of the MR-12 Battle Rifle

500 Units of the M4 Mortar

30 MSAM-3

30 M125 Self-Propelled Artillery