[quote name='dockingscheduled' timestamp='1345591158' post='3024162']
and just to be clear, im not trying to criticize you for the choices u made with your nation. you want to maximize your earning potential and continue to build your nation as a money maker, its all good. i just don't think its fair to turn around and look for sympathy about you not being able to fight back. i have to ask though how NDO feels about you choosing to put your nation in a position to be useless in war in the spirit of making money while asking NDO to throw their nations into the fire for you.
[/quote]
One bought eco wonder, the other one suddendly shut down after someone declared on him (he's even not launching his nukes). lol What a good leadership you have there! You should learn how to lead a war from Clash. :)

Maybe we should ask admin to add money damage (5% from warchest or max 1 mil) on nuke that supported by WRC, to appreciate someone who has the willingness to fight.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='zephyrmaten' timestamp='1345573236' post='3024096']
The fact is 3 little alliances who were trying to be opportunists, end up justifying their actions after getting caught with their *shirts* down when something of an equal magnitude is pulled out against them. Actually it should make you feel more embarrassed than ever..Seriously You guys call yourself an alliance?
[/quote]
Who else attacked NDO? When we declared there were still well over 3/4 of their alliance not at war with anyone outside of tech raids.

[quote name='dockingscheduled' timestamp='1345591158' post='3024162']
and just to be clear, im not trying to criticize you for the choices u made with your nation. you want to maximize your earning potential and continue to build your nation as a money maker, its all good. i just don't think its fair to turn around and look for sympathy about you not being able to fight back. i have to ask though how NDO feels about you choosing to put your nation in a position to be useless in war in the spirit of making money while asking NDO to throw their nations into the fire for you.
[/quote]

Speaking as a member of NDO we are here for some fun and to blow things up. We don't care what happened last round, nor do we plan for the next one. Our Govt is most certainly not malicious and will talk calmly with you any time you wish.

[quote name='Dajobo' timestamp='1345602810' post='3024197']
Speaking as a member of NDO we are here for some fun and to blow things up. We don't care what happened last round, nor do we plan for the next one. Our Govt is most certainly not malicious and will talk calmly with you any time you wish.
[/quote]
Not good enough.

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1345598337' post='3024181']
To hell with it all, lets let it all burn down for the next 30 days. OP and friends are ready are you?
[/quote]
Personally, I don't have much left but I'm willing to throw the kitchen sink and bite ankles as long as I can. Though the way this is going we may all be ankle high soon. :lol1:

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1345598337' post='3024181']
To hell with it all, lets let it all burn down for the next 30 days. OP and friends are ready are you?
[/quote]

Why the hell not :P

[quote name='Asa Phillips' timestamp='1345561380' post='3024052']
The following is a sincere question, not some BS posturing, whining, role playing, failed attempts at getting an inflammatory response, or whatever happens on these forums. If you remember, I always have spoken frankly with you.

So the 17 nations in CAT were that big of a game changer (see also: "tipping point") to the nearly one hundred nations of RE and NDO (less than 10 of which were involved in the PS/RE conflict) combined that you felt it was your obligation to step in as well and throw another 23 on the pile in spirit of fairness? The 18 CAT war slots taken by TPC/CoS last night were incapable of being filled by the other near one hundred nations we declared upon? Especially considering how many NDO nations arent at war at all?

Strictly asking from a CAT point of view, and would only like the involvement of CAT to be addressed please since we were the tipping point.

Some clarification for our actions?

NDO was declared upon because they stated they would fill PS's war slots, the mighty 6 man game changers themselves who saw something they felt was wrong and decided to do something about it instead of sitting by. CAT then saw a stated 44 to 6 gang bang coming and decided that might doesnt make right, something that Burning Glory seemed to think WAS an acceptable tactic in rounds past and we were on the wrong end of more times then we cared to remember. We too felt NDO's actions were wrong based on the promise of filling war slots just as PS had their reasons for attacking RE, so we did something about it.

RE? was declared on because of past less-than-acceptable treatment of CAT, especially this round and the last, added to the fact they asked for help from the then second largest alliance in TE to assist with 6 nations was absurd. Fact is, CAT was going to be declaring on RE by herself before RE hit OP and friends, had planned to do so for over a week, and we got beat by a single day. This is why we had little problem attacking both NDO and RE, because we were already prepared for a lopsided war... and whats an extra 40 nations anyway.
[/quote]

Bumping Asa's question.

And...This is just a silly game, but you have proven yourselves cowards. Absolutely pathetic. No guts, even in a game. No, I'm not crying. We expected NDO to fill our war slots and SMASH us. We entered this knowingly. We don't care about our pixels. Your entry and huge down-declarations prove your lack of mettle. Your sanctimonious declaration as self-appointed 'savior of TE' is absolutely laughable. I'm embarrassed FOR you.

I rarely visit here, but hearing of that sanctimonious BS made me laugh enough to view and reply. It's out of my system now. LMAO

Stelios + LordNikon = Selfish
PS = Not as cool as they think they are
Catharsis = Hissy Fit
NDO = Zero Warchests
Death Before Dishonor = Bottom Feeders
RE = Has been owned
OP + TFK = Winners of War
TPC/CoS = Top Shelf

Sorry for LE, Hellas and anyone else I missed. I didn't have anything clever to say about your alliance.

[quote name='OverlordShinnra' timestamp='1345627366' post='3024269']
Stelios + LordNikon = Selfish and Weird
PS = Definitely not as cool as they think they are
Catharsis = Hissy Fit
NDO = Zero Warchests
Death Before Dishonor = Bottom Feeders
RE = Has been owned by OP + TFK + Catharis + LE + PS + APC
Winners of War = No one yet
TPC/CoS = Top Shelf

[/quote]

I fixed that for you.

Edited by Swatch0

[quote name='Ron Paul' timestamp='1345621932' post='3024260']
Bumping Asa's question.

And...This is just a silly game, but you have proven yourselves cowards. Absolutely pathetic. No guts, even in a game. No, I'm not crying. We expected NDO to fill our war slots and SMASH us. We entered this knowingly. We don't care about our pixels. Your entry and huge down-declarations prove your lack of mettle. Your sanctimonious declaration as self-appointed 'savior of TE' is absolutely laughable. I'm embarrassed FOR you.

I rarely visit here, but hearing of that sanctimonious BS made me laugh enough to view and reply. It's out of my system now. LMAO
[/quote]

He always has spoken frankly with me and I respect that. Here I go.

Catharsis was the strongest alliance at that point to jump into war against an alliance already being crushed (losing almost a half million total NS at that point) with the [b]only[/b] goal of piling on and burning it to the ground out of revenge. Isn't that what Catharsis hated about RE in the first place--that they took every opportunity available to war you in an unfair way? With all due respect to NDO, they are a new alliance and still learning the game, so forgive me for laughing at the suggestion that NDO--which just got out of a bruising war--had the capability to take on Catharsis and PS and whoever else might have wanted to jump on for a war that could last to the end of the round.

Someone said it earlier and they were right--I didn't need to say anything about how these types of things (on both sides) hurt the game. I thought it was important to say and yeah, it's our reasoning for getting involved. We didn't appoint ourselves as the savior of TE--we're a small group of nations trying to make a difference in this world :P . War is good. War with some emotion is good. Complicated war that lasts a long time can be good too. People running around and openly saying that grudges will be taken to next round,[b] after[/b] fighting this war out, is terrible for the game and you would all say the same thing if you sat on the outside of this and took a minute to think about it.

These aren't hacks and n00bs attacking RE. These are elite alliances piling on day after day [b]without[/b] even being asked to help. That alone is enough of a CB for me. If roles were reversed it would be enough of a CB for you.

I said it before and I will say it again. If you want peace make it happen. If not, shut up, turn around, go to your IRC channel and fight. You all want RE to know that there are consequences for crossing the line. I get that. I think they get get it too after being subjected to 6 pages or war and [b]five hundred thousand NS loss[/b]. Don't be upset for being held to a similar standard when you crossed the line.

It's ok to admit that this thing got out of hand on all sides. Fix the root causes and get back to warring--without this total war mentality--without despising your opponent and having nothing but contempt for them.

Save that for when Confusion comes back.

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1345658593' post='3024333']
I find it very ironic that TPC's mission was to force but instead they galvanized everyone against it.
[/quote]
It because you keep running back to OWF and trying to make things worse.. you have the power to end it. you are dragging it out so you can do more damage

[quote name='Stelios' timestamp='1345658759' post='3024334']
It because you keep running back to OWF and trying to make things worse.. you have the power to end it. you are dragging it out so you can do more damage
[/quote]
Then you have no idea of OP's intentions we do not relish in this. This is not honorable in anyway but we will not abandon friends. We have accomplished our goals, you attacked us and we beat it back.

[quote name='King James XVIII' timestamp='1345653957' post='3024327']
He always has spoken frankly with me and I respect that. Here I go.

Catharsis was the strongest alliance at that point to jump into war against an alliance already being crushed (losing almost a half million total NS at that point) with the [b]only[/b] goal of piling on and burning it to the ground out of revenge. Isn't that what Catharsis hated about RE in the first place--that they took every opportunity available to war you in an unfair way? With all due respect to NDO, they are a new alliance and still learning the game, so forgive me for laughing at the suggestion that NDO--which just got out of a bruising war--had the capability to take on Catharsis and PS and whoever else might have wanted to jump on for a war that could last to the end of the round.

Someone said it earlier and they were right--I didn't need to say anything about how these types of things (on both sides) hurt the game. I thought it was important to say and yeah, it's our reasoning for getting involved. We didn't appoint ourselves as the savior of TE--we're a small group of nations trying to make a difference in this world :P . War is good. War with some emotion is good. Complicated war that lasts a long time can be good too. People running around and openly saying that grudges will be taken to next round,[b] after[/b] fighting this war out, is terrible for the game and you would all say the same thing if you sat on the outside of this and took a minute to think about it.

These aren't hacks and n00bs attacking RE. These are elite alliances piling on day after day [b]without[/b] even being asked to help. That alone is enough of a CB for me. If roles were reversed it would be enough of a CB for you.

I said it before and I will say it again. If you want peace make it happen. If not, shut up, turn around, go to your IRC channel and fight. You all want RE to know that there are consequences for crossing the line. I get that. I think they get get it too after being subjected to 6 pages or war and [b]five hundred thousand NS loss[/b]. Don't be upset for being held to a similar standard when you crossed the line.

It's ok to admit that this thing got out of hand on all sides. Fix the root causes and get back to warring--without this total war mentality--without despising your opponent and having nothing but contempt for them.

Save that for when Confusion comes back.
[/quote]

Oh! The chivalrous words! Oh! the hypocrisy! Again, where were you when the Romans were up to no good? By your own admission, your alliance was attacked by the Romans many times in a round, did it go round after round? Did you or any of your members fight back seriously and find yourself being focus upon 4,5,6 to 1 every single war? If the Roman dids attack you in such a manner and you fought back genuinely, WHERE ARE YOUR BALLS? WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU HELP THEM NOW? To exchange future leniency is that it? "Isn't that what Catharsis hated about RE in the first place--that they took every opportunity available to war you in an unfair way?" HA! So we should just let things be and continued to be harassed? Shove that superficial semantics up your ass! We already told you we would've attacked anyway. Many in Catharsis are true gentlemen and would've waited had the Romans not been such a prick! "6 pages or war and five hundred thousand NS loss" Romans getting that they have done wrong? "Don't be upset for being held to a similar standard when you crossed the line." Don't make me laugh! Infra is the least of all things we are worrying about now. With Roman constant Harassment, we FREAKING LOSING MEMBERS!!! And I don't see any Roman repentance. All I see is your fake sincerity and appeasement towards the Romans. YOU OF ALL PEOPLE ARE THE LAST PERSON I want to hear about "Don't be upset for being held to a similar standard" When Romans turn on you, don't come crying.

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1345659504' post='3024336']
Then you have no idea of OP's intentions we do not relish in this. This is not honorable in anyway but we will not abandon friends. We have accomplished our goals, you attacked us and we beat it back.
[/quote]
Its started from YOUR side.. The war started on our... your side was the one that decided not to be honorable and have other AAs come in.
and Like I said before.. Im not trying to take away anything from OP.. you guys were doing damage.. But we had you guys.. we had you good.. OP did not beat us back.

[quote name='Endurance' timestamp='1345659762' post='3024340']
Oh! The chivalrous words! Oh! the hypocrisy! Again, where were you when the Romans were up to no good? By your own admission, your alliance was attacked by the Romans many times in a round, did it go round after round? Did you or any of your members fight back seriously and find yourself being focus upon 4,5,6 to 1 every single war? If the Roman dids attack you in such a manner and you fought back genuinely, WHERE ARE YOUR BALLS? WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU HELP THEM NOW? To exchange future leniency is that it? "Isn't that what Catharsis hated about RE in the first place--that they took every opportunity available to war you in an unfair way?" HA! So we should just let things be and continued to be harassed? Shove that superficial semantics up your ass! We already told you we would've attacked anyway. Many in Catharsis are true gentlemen and would've waited had the Romans not been such a prick! "6 pages or war and five hundred thousand NS loss" Romans getting that they have done wrong? "Don't be upset for being held to a similar standard when you crossed the line." Don't make me laugh! Infra is the least of all things we are worrying about now. With Roman constant Harassment, we FREAKING LOSING MEMBERS!!! And I don't see any Roman repentance. All I see is your fake sincerity and appeasement towards the Romans. YOU OF ALL PEOPLE ARE THE LAST PERSON I want to hear about "Don't be upset for being held to a similar standard" When Romans turn on you, don't come crying.
[/quote]
You sir are taking this too much to heart.. That is all im going to say.. Sorry you feel this way

[quote name='Stelios' timestamp='1345659799' post='3024341']
Its started from YOUR side.. The war started on our... your side was the one that decided not to be honorable and have other AAs come in.
and Like I said before.. Im not trying to take away anything from OP.. you guys were doing damage.. But we had you guys.. we had you good.. OP did not beat us back.
[/quote]

And this attitude implies you have learned nothing. This is yet another reason we continue.

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1345660224' post='3024343']
And this attitude implies you have learned nothing. This is yet another reason we continue.
[/quote]

You are intentionally being a dick about this and not seeing the facts, PS/LE entered into this and kicked it off first. RE is not at fault here, they are the ones that [u]tried[/u] to have a decent war, you and OP just had your panties in a bunch because you might have lost some significant NS against RE. Every time you are faced with a war some people may interpret as you having lost you guys pull some !@#$ like this and carry it into the next round. Be it LE, TPC and now RE.

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1345661508' post='3024345']
You are intentionally being a dick about this and not seeing the facts, PS/LE entered into this and kicked it off first. RE is not at fault here, they are the ones that [u]tried[/u] to have a decent war, you and OP just had your panties in a bunch because you might have lost some significant NS against RE. Every time you are faced with a war some people may interpret as you having lost you guys pull some !@#$ like this and carry it into the next round. Be it LE, TPC and now RE.
[/quote]
And Cat .. :smug:

Couldnt really say it better myself

Hold on, why are we even talking about who is winning or losing? That is a distraction from the main issues.

To Endurance: I understand what you are saying more than you know. It is a game, but one that people devote time, effort and (sometimes) money to..for their nation and for their fellow alliance members. Members are being lost [i]across[/i] TE, and contributing to an already hostile environment by seeking revenge is not the answer.

Many rounds ago when TPC and Catharsis had our issues (I believe it revolved around raiding) we went to war. Behind the fighting though both sides reached out to each other and talked. You guys explained why what we were doing was wrong. We explained that what we were doing wasn't intentional or targeted toward you guys. We both acknowledged what led to our feelings and were able to move forward after that war to have a good relationship.

People have to be able to put their pride aside and open their ears and minds. Total capitulation isn't going to happen on either side of this conflict so we might as well begin having a legit and fruitful dialogue while we keep having fun killing each other on the battlefield.

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1345661508' post='3024345']
You are intentionally being a dick about this and not seeing the facts, PS/LE entered into this and kicked it off first. RE is not at fault here, they are the ones that [u]tried[/u] to have a decent war, you and OP just had your panties in a bunch because you might have lost some significant NS against RE. Every O time you are faced with a war some people may interpret as you having lost you guys pull some !@#$ like this and carry it into the next round. Be it LE, TPC and now RE.
[/quote]
It seems we fundamentally interpret things wrong. But let me try and shed light on our way of thinking, it just may help....

One, RE is big and as such always has to bunch AAs together to have some semblence of a fair war.

Two, in the beginning these lumping of AAs together made for some good and fair fights and many cases updeclares for RE. Everyone seemed to have the same opinion of RE, they had turned a page and improved vastly.

Three, lately, albeit due to slimmer pickings because of dwindling TE player counts, RE's wars have been more about appearence than substance. It seems RE leadership is more concerned with not losing a war than in fighting good ones.

Four, in there pursuit of number 3 RE leadership has made alot of people mad and they seem to laugh it off.

Five, fatal mistake was made by lumping a few lame duck AAs in with OP in an attempt to make an implicit down declare look fair. I won't go into details but some of your own people know it for what it was.

In so doing Stelios misunderestimated OP response and resolve. Our friends saw an unfair war and jumped in to help, some saw their chance to do what RE has done numerous times to them in the past. in either case the rsult is that each participant is righting a percieved wrong. I cannot fault anyone for that from TPC, NDO to PS, LE and Cat.

Stelios you were winning some individual battles but dont fool yourself into thinking you were winning the war.

Edited by paul711

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1345664401' post='3024355']
It seems we fundamentally interpret things wrong. But let me try and shed light on our way of thinking, it just may help....

One, RE is big and as such always has to bunch AAs together to have some semblence of a fair war.

Two, in the beginning these lumping of AAs together made for some good and fair fights and many cases updeclares for RE. Everyone seemed to have the same opinion of RE, they had turned a page and improved vastly.

Three, lately, albeit due to slimmer pickings because of dwindling TE player counts, RE's wars have been more about appearence than substance. It seems RE leadership is more concerned with not losing a war than in fighting good ones.

Four, in there pursuit of number 3 RE leadership has made alot of people mad and they seem to laugh it off.

Five, fatal mistake was made by lumping a few lame duck AAs in with OP in an attempt to make an implicit down declare look fair. I won't go into details but some of your own people know it for what it was.

In so doing Stelios misunderestimated OP response and resolve. Our friends saw an unfair war and jumped in to help, some saw their chance to do what RE has done numerous times to them in the past. Stelios you were winning some individual battles but dont fool yourself into thinking you were winning the war.
[/quote]

First statement is false. We fought SUN 1 on 1 when they were bigger.. than fought them.. when still bigger ..and threw in another AA..

Our wars were not liek our wars in previous rounds for the fact.. when we war.. comapare to you guys.. are wars are better where we actually lose NS.. we wanted to be on an even keel.

There really isnt RE leadership.. its me.. Come at me not RE.. I was going to add Hammond. having not fighting wars and all.. thought he had money and it would be a good fight.. saw APC had some other members that acutally did have some NS.. and I did have some lower tier nations.. We dont all build up past 10k NS and sit there paul... So I added all of APC.. instead of just the one nation.

When Have I jumped on Any of their AA's in war? Please.. tell me, I do not recall any of that. You know the war was pretty fair.. Do not Deny it.

And we really arent winning any battles now.. That stopped once LE showed up.. I never said I was winning this war..

Again.. Stop trying to twist things.. It is getting old

Edited by Stelios

You continue to not acknowledge our feelings but rather defend the actions that lead to us feeling this way. I have told you and TE in general OP does not play by your rules, you are not our judges and we will not accept your reasoning for attacking us. We build the we do to keep from having a low tier, one that can be swarmed by an enemy and our other guys cannot help.

And as to better wars, we see the results now....

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1345665549' post='3024360']
You continue to not acknowledge our feelings but rather defend the actions that lead to us feeling this way. I have told you and TE in general OP does not play by your rules, you are not our judges and we will not accept your reasoning for attacking us. We build the we do to keep from having a low tier, one that can be swarmed by an enemy and our other guys cannot help.

And as to better wars, we see the results now....
[/quote]
I know how you feel. No.. You dont have to play by our rules... Im not telling you too.. Im telling you.. what WE see as fair.. You build the way you do so you will have an edge over anyone in a war. When things dont go your way something always comes up.

And I dont get the second part? or you trying to say this is a time RE is fighting "better" war and we are getting destroyed?

Edited by Stelios