(Last) Official Announcement from The Foreign Division

Firebolt

[center][img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070902032520/cybernations/images/thumb/e/ed/TFD_flag.png/200px-TFD_flag.png[/img][/center]

Three score and five months (or so) ago, The Foreign Division was founded by Tamurin upon the ideals of democratic membership and protection for her nations. We sought to provide a place for nations recover and heal with the invitation: "We don’t ask you where you were and what you did. Here with us only what you are and do now and in the future counts. This is your place to start over, leave the past behind and move on."

NATO and TFD have shared a close relationship since TFD's inception, and NATO eventually joined TFD on the Blue sphere in 2010. NATO has fought for TFD, and TFD for NATO. As "Blood Brothers," we have worked in tandem to promote our shared ideals to our members, rejoiced in our differences and disagreements, and strived to protect one another's interests.

On 9 August 2012, the government of The Foreign Division unanimously decided to merge into NATO and end TFD's existence as an independent alliance.

As general guidelines to the transition, NATO hereby:

[list]
[*]Accepts as full members all current members of TFD;
[*]Pledges to protect the TFD name, intellectual property and history, and continue to honour our dual membership treaty (Foreign Article 5), including protection for the Alliance Affiliation of The Foreign Division;
[*]Takes over responsibility for TFD's protectorate treaty with House Atreides; and,
[*]Adopts TFD's war flag as our war flag, in tribute to TFD.
[/list]

I joined The Foreign Division in my first week of CyberNations nearly five years ago and my nation has never worn another Alliance Affiliation until now. Our many memories of great and feisty times will serve to embolden a new season of rad adventures within NATO.

RIP TFD
o/ NATO

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[center][img]http://cnnato.org/images/natosflag.png[/img][/center]

It is with mixed feelings that the government of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization and her member body accept members of The Foreign Division into our alliance. For over five years, NATO has enjoyed one of the most stable and intimate friendships known to the Cyberverse. We are saddened that the time has come for TFD to officially end her time as an independent alliance, but overjoyed that her members have chosen NATO as their new home.

NATO acknowledges responsibility for the terms outlined in the OP, and confirms that the TFD AA remains under its protection, in addition to protection for House Atreides as per TFD's protectorate treaty.

Signed:

Sir Humphrey, Secretary General
Berbers, Secretary of Foreign Affairs
Tsayka, Secretary of Defense
HM Solomon I, Secretary of Commerce
muwen1234, Secretary of Enlistment
Perceus, Chief Justice
The Councillors Emeritus and Membership of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization

Edited by Sir Humphrey

Good luck in the transition Sirs. May your transition be smooth, and may NATO thrive for years to come!

RIP TFD, you will be remembered fondly.

o/ NATO, and good luck on all of your future endeavours.

It is sad to see TFD go, I was lucky to see them at their full potential, at the Zenith, when I first started playing, I fought with them and had much, so I am happy to see that the people that made TFD so great are staying and even happier to know they'll be joining us and expanding out NATOan community.

o/ TFD
o/ NATO