Imperial Announcement from the New Pacific Order Redux

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I don't pretend to have a clue about TORN or NPO foreign policy, all i'm making is a simple observation. I was a lowly foot soldier during Karma, however even I knew what a bad move it was for TORN to do what they did. I'm not criticizing anyone however, i'm merely stating that the wound has been forgiven. Once again though I wish you both luck and rekindling an old friendship.

The insult lobbing at TORN by some in this thread is actually pretty hilarious. Neither party in the debacle that finally sunk relations there were without a degree of fault in it, as there was a lot of communication problems both ways, but really that was just the breaking point. Relations had been slowly starting to shift for many months before Karma. Opinion of NPO within TORN in the 6 months or so before Karma had been diving even up to the Regent level, to where by the time Karma actually rolled around, really only Bigwoody and a couple of others were holding the line on keeping the treaty. A lot of the government and former gov at the time had been calling for blood on it for ages.

That said, best of luck to our allies in TORN and their associates in NPO for trying to start anew.

Edited by Lord Boris

All of you can talk about history. All of you can talk about what you want. But this isn't about you. This isn't about history. TORN and NPO are dealing with the now, together. Like, hate it, you get to live it from the sidelines.

o/ Torn
o/ Pacifica

[quote name='Lord Boris' timestamp='1345133462' post='3022442']
The insult lobbing at TORN by some in this thread is actually pretty hilarious. Neither party in the debacle that finally sunk relations there were without a degree of fault in it, as there was a lot of communication problems both ways, but really that was just the breaking point. Relations had been slowly starting to shift for many months before Karma. Opinion of NPO within TORN in the 6 months or so before Karma had been diving even up to the Regent level, to where by the time Karma actually rolled around, really only Bigwoody and a couple of others were holding the line on keeping the treaty. A lot of the government and former gov at the time had been calling for blood on it for ages.

That said, best of luck to our allies in TORN and their associates in NPO for trying to start anew.
[/quote]

!@#$%^&* in regards to the communication problem. The reason that Karma started at the time that it did was because BigWoody convinced Moo that your treaty with MK would keep them out, and that TORN needed a war or it would kill itself. Karma started at that EXACT MOMENT because of TORN. You then got your 30 pieces of silver, and a massive complex about rewriting history over it.

Its been years now people. Time to move on. Most of the people in charge of the various alliances here were not involved in the mess from 2009 except for a few crotchety old geriatrics. Of course, I am all for fighting old battles, since I was not even in existence during Karma so any old battles would be new ones for me and thus every argument here about the old ones would be invalid from where I was sitting.

Time marches on and a new generation rises. I think this treaty has less to do with the past and more to do with the future.

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1345166181' post='3022611']
Its been years now people. Time to move on. Most of the people in charge of the various alliances here were not involved in the mess from 2009 except for a few crotchety old geriatrics. Of course, I am all for fighting old battles, since I was not even in existence during Karma so any old battles would be new ones for me and thus every argument here about the old ones would be invalid from where I was sitting.

Time marches on and a new generation rises. I think this treaty has less to do with the past and more to do with the future.
[/quote]
I disagree. I quite like hearing about it. It was the last war that wasn't decided before it began.

I am old and "geriatic" though.

[quote name='Dilber' timestamp='1345164408' post='3022599']
!@#$%^&* in regards to the communication problem. The reason that Karma started at the time that it did was because BigWoody convinced Moo that your treaty with MK would keep them out, and that TORN needed a war or it would kill itself. Karma started at that EXACT MOMENT because of TORN. You then got your 30 pieces of silver, and a massive complex about rewriting history over it.
[/quote]

and everyone in torn gov at the time with the exception of HRT and SC is either gone or in MK. TORN got played and made some pretty big mistakes during Karma, but if you want to hunt those down who are responsible, you'll need to look somewhere else.

[quote name='TRON IX' timestamp='1344821964' post='3021444']
I'm glad to see both of my allies taking a big step in restoring the trust and friendship they use to share.

o/ TORN
o/ NPO

-Tron(old time rock and roll)ix
[/quote]

I agree... though I'm not allied to TORN directly anymore... I am very excited to see them back with friends of mine ;)

[i]Also, Tron IX, is it true that TORN is really the love child of you and •Keira Knightley (beautiful AND dyslexic :wub: )? :D[/i]

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1345172737' post='3022643']
I disagree. I quite like hearing about it. It was the last war that wasn't decided before it began.

I am old and "geriatic" though.
[/quote]
there's a solution for that, stop picking the easy route and start something interesting.

[quote name='mike717' timestamp='1345196652' post='3022770']
and everyone in torn gov at the time with the exception of HRT and SC is either gone or in MK. TORN got played and made some pretty big mistakes during Karma, but if you want to hunt those down who are responsible, you'll need to look somewhere else.
[/quote]
we're open to taking the remainder if you need to shed some heat

[quote name='Sir Paul' timestamp='1345231193' post='3022855']Call me a traditionalist, but when I retire, I'm going to nuke the Pacifican Emperor, the way Admin intended![/quote]
You are not alone in your conservative ways.

Only way to go out is to nuke a Pacifican Emperor,...or if he is out of range Ivan Moldavi.
Admin vult!

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1345245761' post='3022901']
Hell even I plan to do that once I leave the game... and if I am still Emperor at the time, I am going to nuke Baka... just because :)
[/quote]

I'll take you all down on my way out, because i'm a fair friend.

NPO need to sign real treaties like NAPs again :3

[quote name='Lord Boris' timestamp='1345133462' post='3022442']

[/quote]

I remember certain people threatening to have a coup if they didn't get their way. The same people who left after they did indeed get their way.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1345241904' post='3022884']
we're open to taking the remainder if you need to shed some heat
[/quote]
I can't wait until MK loses yet another 50 members as it did in Bye Polar. This will *hopefully* happen sooner rather than later.