The State of Padiw

BillJoeson

[b]Basic Information
Government Type: Democracy (technically Capitalist)
National Religion: Judaism, but the freedom of religion is guaranteed to everyone inside Padiw's borders
Current Head of State: Bill Joeson
Land Area: Approximately 169,668.35 square miles
Current AA: United Coalition of Nations
Nation Strength Rating: 6986.759
Primary Ethnicity: Chinese
Current Literacy Rate: 64.49%

For more information, please visit these webpages:
http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/State_of_Padiw
http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=499926&Extended=1[/b]

Edited by BillJoeson

[b]Short Summary of Events in Padiw up to 8/6/2012

6/2/2012-The State of Padiw is created, and Bill Joeson wins the first national elections in Padiw.
Circa 6/7/2012-The State of Padiw joins Sir Glen's trade circle after receiving an official invitation from him.
June 2012-On the behalf of Padiw, President Bill Joeson successfully applies for membership in the nation alliance of House Baratheon.
6/25/2012-BillJoeson notifies the Padiwan government of a 59-day absence for the reason of "Trip to China" (what's a china?). With the permission of the Padiwan National Congress, he appoints the leader of an allied nation, abc123, as the de-facto head of state during his absence.
July 2012-After receiving word that abc123 was neglecting his duties as the leader of Padiw, Bill Joeson successfully requests the National Congress to remove him from office.

After House Baratheon declares war on another alliance, the Padiwan National Congress declares peace mode.

Realizing that peace mode was harming the national economy by making the working population less active, President Bill Joeson successfully requests the National Congress to end peace mode. He then changes the State of Padiw's AA to "H0USE BARATHE0N" in an attempt to fool people into thinking that Padiw was not a member of HB, which would protect it from enemy attacks.

A senior official in House Baratheon notices that the State of Padiw's AA has been altered, and requests the President to change his nation's AA back. Out of panic, Bill Joeson notifies the official that his nation is no longer part of HB and surrenders to R&R.
7/23/2012-The National Congress allows about $1.5 million of federal funding to be spent to build enough infrastructure to increase Padiw's infrastructure level to 1,000.
8/6/2012-The National Congress votes to submit an application to join the alliance called the State of Unified Nations. Later that day, they decide to withdraw the application and apply for membership in the United Coalition of Nations (UCoN) instead.[/b]

Edited by BillJoeson

[b]The State of Padiw's official website is now set up and ready for viewing!

The Padiwan National Congress approved of an official website for Padiw yesterday. The website was set up in about a day. The URL of the site is http://stateofpadiw.longluntan.com/ . Nations and alliances that wish to set up a virtual embassy or consulate should notify the Padiwan government beforehand. Nations and alliances that set up a virtual embassy or consulate should be aware that the abuse of diplomatic rights may be need to the ending of diplomatic and/or economic relations, declarations of war, and/or sanctions imposed by the Padiwan government.[/b]

Edited by BillJoeson

[b]Today, the National Congress passed President Bill Joeson's plan to buy 100 levels of technology for Padiw at the cost of $3 million. It is estimated that it will take about 10 days for the State of Padiw to save enough money for the purchase.[/b]

Edited by BillJoeson

[b]Today, on August 6, 2012, after receiving a stream of requests from Padiwan citizens to make the State of Padiw a communist nation, the National Congress has made communism the official government type. Even though Padiw is still technically a democratic nation, and this change was not prohibited by the constitution, President Bill Joeson states that he is opposed to the change. "With communism here, life will never be the same. There will be no more capitalism, and because of that, very soon, there will be no more economy. You just wait," he said. Later, the President added, "I will try my best to make sure that the decision made by the National Congress will be repealed within a week. People of Padiw, I am doing this for our nation. Communism simply will not work in a country like ours-only capitalism will."[/b]

Edited by BillJoeson

[b]The government of the State of Padiw is pleased to announce that its application for membership in the United Coalition of Nations has been accepted. Now, the country is no longer held as a prisoner of war by the R&R alliance, and is instead a full member of a nation alliance once again. President Bill Joeson pledges to remain loyal to UCoN. "I regret my cowardly actions when my nation was still a member of HB, and I hope to redeem myself and restore honor to Padiw by doing everything that I can for my fellow nation leaders in UCoN." Padiw's performance history when it comes to alliances is quite poor, with numerous withdrawn applications and only a relatively short membership in House Baratheon, but as the President says, "People always learn from their mistakes, so maybe nations can do that, too!"[/b]

Edited by BillJoeson

• 2 weeks later...

[b]Today, the Padiwan government constructed a new bank in Bijo City, a major city in the nation of Padiw, at the low cost of $100,000. The bank will provide Padiwans in the region with access to basic banking operations, including ATM services, loans, safekeeping services, and insured deposit and withdrawl services. The bank is located at 327 Sarlawn Avenue, and will be open from 9 AM to 9 PM. Persons with an existing Bank of Padiw account will be able to use the services at the Bijo City bank for free.[/b]

Edited by BillJoeson

[b]Recently, the monetary reserves of the State of Padiw exceeded $3 million, after several days of patient saving. The Padiwan government says that it should be able to find a nation willing to sell technology soon, as it has issued an advertisement to the international community stating willingness to buy. According to a government official, when the technology arrives in Padiw, it will be used to improve the arms and gear used by the Padiwan police and military, decrease pollution rates, and replace the aging equipment at state-owned physician offices with new and more advanced devices.[/b]

Edited by BillJoeson

[b]After long and exhausting debates between politicians and common men alike, the Padiwan National Congress has voted to levy its first sanctions against the nation of Juneia, a country that reportedly executed attacks against many nations without provocation. According to President Bill Joeson, the sanctions, which will ban trade and diplomatic relations with Juneia, were passed in an attempt to "bring justice to one of the criminal states of Bob", but some experts suspect that the sanctions were proposed because of Juneian attacks against Garenia, a former ally of the State of Padiw.[/b]

Edited by BillJoeson

[b]Reports are coming in that information has been leaked by a Padiwan official proving that the President secretly and successfully proposed numerous policy changes to the National Congress that would effectively shift the government of Padiw back to capitalism. In response to the leaks, small riots erupted across Padiw in protest against the secretive changes. According to a privately owned news station, the riots led to 41 arrests, 5 injuries, and about $4,643 in property damages. As the majority of the poulation tolerates a capitalist government, the riots do not seem likely to last long, but President Bill Joeson states that he is "concerned" about the violence, and that he will "make sure" that open-door policies change from precedent into law.[/b]

Edited by BillJoeson

This is cool, you deffinetly have me watching whatever you post here. See, its not always just forgien gae stuff. I like to see made-up internal news stories for CN. :) Are you still buying tech? PM me, as Ophall, ruler of Deleria, http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=500225 is my CN link. :)

The decisions of the National Congress are not controlled by me in any way-Padiwan citizens are elected to the PNC every six months, and they have the complete power to reject any proposal made by the President. Remember-my nation is a democracy, not a dictatorship.

[color="#FFFFFF"]Actually, all the elections are rigged by my office, the representatives in Congress must obey my every word, and all of the media in the country is controlled by the government-my government!

Just kidding. Padiw really is a complete democracy. Careful measures are taken to ensure that elections are completely fair, and taking away an individual or organization's freedom of expression is a felony. However, I do occasionally wish that I could be the Eternal President of the State of Padiw for a week or so...did I really just type that? Oh dear...can you all please just forget about everything that you just read? Please??[/color]

Edited by BillJoeson

[b]Recently, with the approval of the Padiwan National Congress, a new sports stadium was built in Padiw City, the capital of Padiw, at the cost of $110,000. The newly built stadium can hold up to 1,500 people, and will host track and football events. The stadium was built to replace a previous sports facility that had been decommisioned due to severe damage caused by an attempted rebellion. Even though the construction of the stadium resulted in the increase of average daily tax payments by several dollars, the majority of Padiw's workers don't seem to care too much-24 hours after the opening of the new stadium, approval ratings of the government jumped by 15%.[/b]

Edited by BillJoeson

(IC) [b]I would suggest seeing what your peope and congress think of saving and building and ect., to build more military protection. I suggest, if possible within the next few months, that your nation begin the process of replenishing a nuculear program. Of course, Bill, remember to have access to uranium, lead, and have radiation cleanup before you begin purchasing nuculear arms. Furthermore, a Navy ans superbly strong air force wouldnt hurt. Then, if your alliance and congress allow, (citizens never seem to care), attack a non-allianced nation, a rich one with money, tech, and so you can steal it! BUT, my basic bottom line proposal from Deleria, is, have congress swich gov. position to agree to nukes, and have yur nation save up for them. This has been President Ophall, from Deleria. [/b]

I am afraid that neither my nation's alliance nor its legislative branch would allow unprovoked hostilities against another nation-even an unaligned one. Furthermore, even if UCoN and the National Congress did allow raids, I do not believe that there are any nations out there that have no alliance membership, a weak military, AND lots of assets.
[color="#FFFFFF"]Maybe if I was the [i]Eternal[/i] President, I could order secret attacks against weaker nations at whim! He, he, he! Uh, I mean, I would [u]never[/u] disobey the decisions of the National Congress! I am OBVIOUSLY not planning [i]any[/i] illegal power seizes, and I would DEFINITELY not order a raid against a smaller, weaker, and richer (he, he) nation! Honest![/color]
As for nuclear weapons, it sounds good to me, but my government is currently saving for a huge advancement in infrastructure (you may call this an "infrastructure jump", although I truly do not understand how jumping is involved), so right now, persuading Congress to approve of an arms project and then finding the money required for it seems a bit exhausting for me.
[color="#FFFFFF"]But I MIGHT just consider performing some, ah, military interventions in a few dictatorships...Er, never mind..[/color]
Thank you, President Ophall, for your continuous support.

Edited by BillJoeson

[b]Today, although the Padiwan National Congress turned down President Bill Joeson's proposal to start another tech deal, the National Congress did approve of his plan to construct enough infrastructure to increase Padiw's infrastructure level to 2000. According to a senior financial advisor working for the President, this project is "worth it" and "more important than buying some technology", because "not only will a new motorway, power station, and subway system be built, hundreds if not thousands of immigrants may be attracted into Padiw if we really manage to get the money for this project." But whether or not the government will manage to obtain the necessary funds for the President's plans is unclear-at over $25 million, this is the largest investment that the State of Padiw has engaged in so far.

[u]Also,...[/u]
After receiving numerous petitions from various organizations, the National Congress has approved of, perhaps wearily, yet another change in the Padiwan national religion. This is the third religion change that the State of Padiw has gone through so far, and various members of the government are voicing their discontent, including the President. "It doesn't really matter whether the majority of the population believes in Islam, Confucianism, or Shintoism. That's fine," says Bill Joeson. "But do we really have to create a national religion for it? True, the government tries to minimize the relationship between church and state, and we still have the freedom of religion, but honestly, why do we really need to have an official religion?"[/b]

Edited by BillJoeson

[b]Earlier this week, a deal to purchase technology from the Holy Northern Union was cancelled because of inactivity on the seller's behalf. Although the National Congress rejected President Bill Joeson's request for temporary sanctions against the H.N.U., which was proposed beacuse of "failing to fulfill a promise made to the government of Padiw", it seems unlikely that the State of Padiw will consider the Holy Northern Union as a trade partner for a while.

Also, today, the Padiwan National Congress agreed to start a new tech deal with the kingdom of Blahr, a member-state of the United Coalition of Nations. In the tech deal, President Bill Joeson agreed to sell tech to Blahr at the rate of 3/50.[/b]

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, military juntas, kings (and queens), dictators, prime ministers, Eternal Presidents, fellow presidents, and citizens of Planet Bob! This is is President Bill Joeson speaking directly to you, and firstly, on the behalf of the Padiwan government, I would like to apologize for the temporary shutdown of Padiw's state-sponsored newsletter. We had some relatively minor issues with connecting with the Internet after a flood damaged a large portion of Padiw's information network, but there should be no problems now with us giving you the news in our great country!
[Color="#FFFFFF"]We hope...[/color]
Anyway, I believe that I am obligated to fill you in on what our government's electronic newsletter failed to provide earlier, so here is what you all missed:

-After receiving advice from the United Coalition of Nations, President Bill Joeson (that me, of course) successfully proposed to the National Congress that the State of Padiw sell all of its technology to foreign nations. After widespread demonstrations protesting the dramatic decrease in the quality of life in Padiw, the National Congress decided to rebuy about 50 levels of technology to reduce the impact that the sudden tech sales had on the nation.

-In hopes of "revitalizing" the Padiwan economy, a Congresswoman from the Bijo City Province sent a proposal to the National Congress to "suspend the Padiwan education program and focus on participating in sales to foreign nations", which was met with an approval rate of approximately 60%, but the Congresswoman's actions have been met with controversy. For instance, some parents of Padiwan children are stating that "if we educate our country's children properly, then it will improve our economy much more than a tech deal ever can!"

-The Padiwan National Congress has recently approved of the nation's fourth official change in Padiw's national religion. This time, the religion was changed from Shintoism to Judaism, and numerous representatives in Congress are stating that they are "seriously considering" quitting their jobs if Padiw goes through another religion change. Why the national religion was changed this time is currently unclear, but some believe that the change was proposed due to a large portion of the population converting to Judaism.

-Several weeks after the President's (me again) proposal to expand the Padiwan infrastrucure at the cost of €25 million by building a new motorway, power station, and subway system, the government is proud to announce that it has saved about 80% of the funds required for the project. Construction is expected to begin in no more than half a month.

Thank you, people, for paying attention to my message and my nation. We hope that you will enjoy reading our government's newsletter.

Sincerely,
Bill Joeson
President of the State of Padiw

Edited by BillJoeson

[B]After the National Congress approved of a proposal made by the President to begin diplomatic ties with the nation of Winner12345, the State of Padiw's first diplomatic mission was established in the capital of Winner12345, Chisagi City. The President's proposal has been met with some controversy, as Winner12345 is technically a dictatorship, but President Bill Joeson has reassured the Padiwan people that "while our new ally may technically be led by a dictator, they treat their citizens in an ethical manner. To add to that, people, let's not forget that there's no real difference between dictatorships and monarchies!" While some are still voicing disagreement with the President's proposal, many experts have agreed that the President's actions would ultimately benefit Padiw, since, as one analyst said, "Padiw may start to get a voice in the world after this."
[/B]

Edited by BillJoeson

It shall not be Controversial Anymore! I have aggreed that it would be best for my nation if we where a Capitalist Democracy. Also for National Security Reasons Please do not comment on the Treaty.

It's good that you're planning to make a transition to democracy. People usually like it when their nation is democratic (except for my people, who are currently demanding that I make Padiw a dictatorship). I hope that you will win the Winner presidential elections. Oh, and also, I'd like to inform you that the demonstrations have quieted down for now. I guess the opposition finally accepted my argument.

And yes, I will try to keep Padiw's newsletter from reporting on our treaty talks...until we're done. Alright?

Edited by BillJoeson

[b]Today, the government has started constuction on Padiw's biggest infrastructure expansion project yet, which attracted thousands of immigrants into the country. After a short period of time where there was a widespread unemployment issue among the immigrants, the Padiwan National Congress approved of the construction of five labor camps in which people will work to service Padiw's bridge, roads, and train lines at the minimum wage. Although the building of the labor camps have caused approval ratings of the government to drop, President Bill Joeson has stated that "this is all for the greater good-and besides, we're creating employment and decreasing our nation's bills at the same time! Some were not swayed by the President's argument-demonstrations against the camps continued for hours throughout the country after Bill Joeson's speech defending the labor camps.[/b]

[B]Just one day after the construction of Padiw's first labor camps, the National Congress has voted to shut down all five of them down in response to large-scale protests and threats to refuse to re-elect the representatives that voted in favor of the camps, which was met with widespread celebration (although the majority of the population still demands a dictatorship, which many officials are finding odd). The Padiwan National Congress has also voted to not only resume the Padiwan education program, but to also expand it-four schools and the country's first university were built today at the cost of €520,000.

Additionally, the Padiwan government would like to announce that recent treaty negotiations between the State of Padiw and Winner12345 have ended in success, with both parties agreeing to sign the treaty. This recent event further improved relations between Padiw and the nation of Winner12345 after both countries sent diplomatic missions to the other nation.[/b]

Edited by BillJoeson